Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Lol the quote was taken out of context for purposes of bashing Kelly and Tom. The actual full quote was more like “Be the best player on the field when you’re on the field, and be the best player on the bench when you aren’t playing”….meaning cheer your team on and be supportive when others are on the field. Parents are well aware of how good their kids are and if they choose to ignore it and stay that’s up to them. Obviously all 18 people can’t play 100% of the game. If you think your child isn’t as good as the starters then find a level and team where they are. Parents complain when they don’t get an offer again - so would you like to rejoin and not play? Makes no sense.
    lol Nice try...looks like the STA staff is in full effect here now. Clubs needs to "develop every player" That doesn't mean that all players will play 100% of the time, it means that only playing the majority of the team...or like the 07,06s..playing only the starting lineup the whole game. What STA has become under Kelly and Tom is nothing more than a business without getting the service...for the majority of the players. and No....the quote wasn't taken out of context, What Kelly and Tom did is take teams to Florida and only play the starters...the entire game. Perhaps one or 2 players would come in and the rest "be a cheerleader".

Comment

There was plenty of talent at tryouts to replace whoever leaves
      There is plenty of talent on all the teams....many teams. Everyone understand that, but what's not right..is for players to be given offers, expecting that the coaches would develop them and not getting what was expected.

Comment

I know the OP is pissed off, but it's important to note that even within Euro academies, only a small % of the U10 players will still be on the top academy team at U17, and that is with the club having a huge financial interest in their players making it to the top levels. I think the fact that soccer here is a huge financial and time burden to families, there is an unrealistic expectation that being in the environment will automatically keep your kid at the top. It just isn't the case. Players drop off or fall behind for various reasons. Sure the club has changed, no question there for anyone paying even a little attention, but it doesn't change the fact that bottom players will always exist. Maybe STA could so better at providing opportunities more evenly to some kids, but not sure it would have a material impact on outcomes

Comment

I know the OP is pissed off, but it's important to note that even within Euro academies, only a small % of the U10 players will still be on the top academy team at U17, and that is with the club having a huge financial interest in their players making it to the top levels. I think the fact that soccer here is a huge financial and time burden to families, there is an unrealistic expectation that being in the environment will automatically keep your kid at the top. It just isn't the case. Players drop off or fall behind for various reasons. Sure the club has changed, no question there for anyone paying even a little attention, but it doesn't change the fact that bottom players will always exist. Maybe STA could so better at providing opportunities more evenly to some kids, but not sure it would have a material impact on outcomes
          This is misleading and not seeing the point at the changes at STA. . Euro clubs cannot be compared to "play to pay USA". In USA these coaches get bonuses and other incentives for making more money by signing as much kids up as possible, with false hope without regard to player development. Most of the coaches at STA, like Kelly are only focused on the business without regard to the commitment they made by giving offers to all. In Europe families don't play to be on clubs and as such the club doesn't have the same responsibility to develop the players.

Comment

This is misleading and not seeing the point at the changes at STA. . Euro clubs cannot be compared to "play to pay USA". In USA these coaches get bonuses and other incentives for making more money by signing as much kids up as possible, with false hope without regard to player development. Most of the coaches at STA, like Kelly are only focused on the business without regard to the commitment they made by giving offers to all. In Europe families don't play to be on clubs and as such the club doesn't have the same responsibility to develop the players.
            I'm agreeing with you that STA is what it is.. no argument there. My point is that some kids will fall off, no matter if they are genuinely working to develop them or not. It definitely sucks when it is your kid, but at the same time how does it benefit the top kids to play with someone that isnt keeping up, or for the kids in the middle of the roster to lose valuable minutes to players that aren't keeping up. Anyone joining should understand this is a year to year thing. If it doesn't go well for your kid, they are still training 3x a week, and if they are getting screwed as you say some are, they should have no issues finding another team where they are a better fit for the next season. I agree though that the club should be honest with the player coming in as to where they are compared to the overall group, and parents should ask the question before signing anything. But things change, you are committing 6 months before the next season, and middle kids can become bottom kids over a summer very easily

Comment

lol Nice try...looks like the STA staff is in full effect here now. Clubs needs to "develop every player" That doesn't mean that all players will play 100% of the time, it means that only playing the majority of the team...or like the 07,06s..playing only the starting lineup the whole game. What STA has become under Kelly and Tom is nothing more than a business without getting the service...for the majority of the players. and No....the quote wasn't taken out of context, What Kelly and Tom did is take teams to Florida and only play the starters...the entire game. Perhaps one or 2 players would come in and the rest "be a cheerleader".
              Well let's expand on this a little, and I'm sure to get some shade because of these comments but you know what, anyone who has spent a full season or more at STA and has seen these with their own eyes will know these statements, although harsh, are true, or if you refute them it is because you are are up Kelly's @** so far b/c you are part of the problem as well, so here goes:

What Kelly has actually become is someone who is using STA to catapult her own career self-interests just like her "buddy" B-Tweed did. Tweed was the smart one and got out before the buildings started to burn, and i'm sure that although Kelly says "my Bae" she's deeply jealous. Kelly's life is soccer, and there is nothing wrong with that, and there is nothing wrong with having career interests, none at all. However, Becki did it while maintaining integrity to the club and kids, Kelly is leaving scorched earth behind with crying kids who want to quit soccer. She is now nothing but a big Fan Girl for everything that sits outside of STA, and what are those things: Gotham, US Soccer Scouts, College Scouts. Hey Kelly, focus on the kids because the rest will come into play if you do right by the kids. Is the "Fan Girl" comment harsh?, maybe, but go watch her at a Gotham game, she will follow Gotham staff and others around like a lost puppy dog. Her constant messaging of "I'm away with the U.S. U15's, blah blah". Hey Kelly here is a clue, it is great that you are an assistant with the U15s, but I hate to break it to you, that is a s**t job that nobody really wants and that's why you have it. Yes that position will probably be necessary for you to jump to another level, but you can also do that by building STA into a national brand and getting kids to real D1 schools. When we go to national events and people from the west coast say, "where is STA" it should give you a hint b/c everyone knows where PDA is, go and build the STA brand vs your own branding. When you are an assistant with the U20s or U23s and someone in US soccer actually gives you real keys to a real car to drive, then come back to everyone. And when you can flash some marquee schools on your dashboard for kids who actually came through the STA system, then come back to everyone. All you have are a number of high profile commits over the last 3 years for kids who came out of other clubs and played their last season before college here. (yes this is fact, please don't debate)

That is who Kelly is now people.

Comment

I'm agreeing with you that STA is what it is.. no argument there. My point is that some kids will fall off, no matter if they are genuinely working to develop them or not. It definitely sucks when it is your kid, but at the same time how does it benefit the top kids to play with someone that isnt keeping up, or for the kids in the middle of the roster to lose valuable minutes to players that aren't keeping up. Anyone joining should understand this is a year to year thing. If it doesn't go well for your kid, they are still training 3x a week, and if they are getting screwed as you say some are, they should have no issues finding another team where they are a better fit for the next season. I agree though that the club should be honest with the player coming in as to where they are compared to the overall group, and parents should ask the question before signing anything. But things change, you are committing 6 months before the next season, and middle kids can become bottom kids over a summer very easily
                From all the teams that STA has everyone is a middle player. Of course there are 1 or 2 standouts, but for the most part middle players have become bottom players only in the eyes of a bad coach (Kelly) who only focused on developing a few. For sure, you are right. If the situation is like this and it's your son / daughter, the smart thing to do is move on. As you said, over the summer many things change, players change fast and who knows maybe 3 allstars decide they want to come. That is just the way things are. But the way things should not be, if you give someone an offer, you now have to provide the service. That doesn't mean more playing time than the top players, it means "some decent" playing time.

Comment

Well let's expand on this a little, and I'm sure to get some shade because of these comments but you know what, anyone who has spent a full season or more at STA and has seen these with their own eyes will know these statements, although harsh, are true, or if you refute them it is because you are are up Kelly's @** so far b/c you are part of the problem as well, so here goes:

What Kelly has actually become is someone who is using STA to catapult her own career self-interests just like her "buddy" B-Tweed did. Tweed was the smart one and got out before the buildings started to burn, and i'm sure that although Kelly says "my Bae" she's deeply jealous. Kelly's life is soccer, and there is nothing wrong with that, and there is nothing wrong with having career interests, none at all. However, Becki did it while maintaining integrity to the club and kids, Kelly is leaving scorched earth behind with crying kids who want to quit soccer. She is now nothing but a big Fan Girl for everything that sits outside of STA, and what are those things: Gotham, US Soccer Scouts, College Scouts. Hey Kelly, focus on the kids because the rest will come into play if you do right by the kids. Is the "Fan Girl" comment harsh?, maybe, but go watch her at a Gotham game, she will follow Gotham staff and others around like a lost puppy dog. Her constant messaging of "I'm away with the U.S. U15's, blah blah". Hey Kelly here is a clue, it is great that you are an assistant with the U15s, but I hate to break it to you, that is a s**t job that nobody really wants and that's why you have it. Yes that position will probably be necessary for you to jump to another level, but you can also do that by building STA into a national brand and getting kids to real D1 schools. When we go to national events and people from the west coast say, "where is STA" it should give you a hint b/c everyone knows where PDA is, go and build the STA brand vs your own branding. When you are an assistant with the U20s or U23s and someone in US soccer actually gives you real keys to a real car to drive, then come back to everyone. And when you can flash some marquee schools on your dashboard for kids who actually came through the STA system, then come back to everyone. All you have are a number of high profile commits over the last 3 years for kids who came out of other clubs and played their last season before college here. (yes this is fact, please don't debate)

That is exactly who Kelly is. She brags that she is off at u15 assistant, but fails to say that they have 10 assistants, and she is just an administrator. In the meantime, she uses that to convince parents that their daughter has an actual shot at US soccer.

Comment

Sir, you sound like you sit when you pee and when not screaming instructions to your daughter and coaching her from the sidelines you are busy being finest of cuck husbands. Just enjoy your miserable life and realize it’s youth soccer.

Comment

#STAStrong!

Comment

Originally posted by guest View Post
                        #stastrong!
                        we are shore!

Comment

I think you're mistaken in what the Academy is supposed to offer kids. Kids don't automatically develop when you sign them up on a team. The Academy offers a platform for athletes to succeed and show case their talent. The coaches are supposed to teach the players how to play the game better and what makes players valuable to college and professional coaches. Kids develop at different rates and some don't develop at all, you get out of it what you put in to it. At this level you have to earn your playing time so if your kid is on the bench maybe some outside training could help improve their game.

Comment

I think you're mistaken in what the Academy is supposed to offer kids. Kids don't automatically develop when you sign them up on a team. The Academy offers a platform for athletes to succeed and show case their talent. The coaches are supposed to teach the players how to play the game better and what makes players valuable to college and professional coaches. Kids develop at different rates and some don't develop at all, you get out of it what you put in to it. At this level you have to earn your playing time so if your kid is on the bench maybe some outside training could help improve their game.
                            LOL ok so what Dr. Obvious, none of that has anything to do with what was written above about Kelly. STA can and should provide all of that but Kelly is like a wrecking ball to all of it, including the girls you say seek outside training because Kelly sucks. The only thing the kids really need from the outside is therapy for how she's mentally destroying them. (yes she is)

Comment

LOL ok so what Dr. Obvious, none of that has anything to do with what was written above about Kelly. STA can and should provide all of that but Kelly is like a wrecking ball to all of it, including the girls you say seek outside training because Kelly sucks. The only thing the kids really need from the outside is therapy for how she's mentally destroying them. (yes she is)
                              Your answer reenforces my point. This is supposed to be competitive soccer not rec. Outside training is for working on individual skills and improving physical fitness. If you think your club team can cover that in 3 training sessions a week then there lies your problem. Guaranteed that the kids getting playing time all do extra outside training. You want your kid to be in a competitive team that is recognized nationally but you don't want to do the work it takes to get there. Also if you want to build a brand you have to break some hearts, not every kids is good enough to compete at the highest level so some kids are better off if they move to the B team where they can get more playing time. You can't have it both ways.
                              BTW you call her a wrecking ball but this is the best I've seen the 08 team play and my daughter has played against that tem for a long time now.

Comment

Your answer reenforces my point. This is supposed to be competitive soccer not rec. Outside training is for working on individual skills and improving physical fitness. If you think your club team can cover that in 3 training sessions a week then there lies your problem. Guaranteed that the kids getting playing time all do extra outside training. You want your kid to be in a competitive team that is recognized nationally but you don't want to do the work it takes to get there. Also if you want to build a brand you have to break some hearts, not every kids is good enough to compete at the highest level so some kids are better off if they move to the B team where they can get more playing time. You can't have it both ways.
                                BTW you call her a wrecking ball but this is the best I've seen the 08 team play and my daughter has played against that tem for a long time now.
                                The 08 team is playing at its best because of the new additions from outside the club

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X