X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

And in game 2 beat an ECNL team
    That Concorde Fire team was trash, no idea how they are in 2nd place in the SE.? The 1st place team in the SE -Florida Premier is fantastic and shut out Bethesda in the Jeff Cup final last year 3-0, so very strange how things play out when the game is played. SJEB team was fine in the top flight at least they won one, VA Union first place in Mid-Atlantic couldn't win a game. Jersey simply showed that they are stronger than Georgia but we knew that already. I would have preferred to have seen Ukies (who chickened out) or Armour in that top bracket instead of SJEB. Reward leauge standings, Concorde Fire got rewarded and then exposed, same thing with VA union, exposed in the top flight against North Atlantic competition!

Comment

Col Rapids were blown out in all 3 matches, no place being in top division. Nationals are solid, but lost to an average Windy City team who was dominated by PF in the final (I didn't see it, but heard it wasn't as close as 3-0 looks). I saw part of Top Hat vs. PF and that looked like a mid tier EDP level team wearing Top Hat jerseys. PDA and Match Fit are very even with PF at this age so things look bright for the Jersey gals at 2011.
      It was Top Hats second GA team Navy, Gold is their top team and not at Jeff Cup this year. Top Hat is still Top Hat don't worry

Comment

And tied Bethesda. Actually a pretty good showing for SJEB. 1-1-1 against good ecnl teams.
        I agree, good showing and Jersey showing its soccer dominance. To be clear though Bethesda was resting for the final, it was an ugly scrappy game against SJEB, that just needed to end in a draw or a 1-0 loss for Bethesda to advance to final later that day.

Comment

LOL - I'm a PF parent. We have played you half a dozen times the last two years. It sure looked like your regulars were getting plenty of time, You can't miss some of them.

Comment

Originally posted by guest View Post
            did any pda somerset teams enter ?
            none....

Comment

This tournament is a solid event for teams in different leagues to play each other but is there any doubt that this is an ECNL event that just allows other teams to play? Look at every top flight and it’s basically all ECNL teams but for one team. Only two GA teams in top two 2009 flights. Each played an ECNL team. STA 09 had a draw against Arlington ECNL and Century GA beat Bethesda GA in top flight.

Jeff Cup is running event like how PDA runs their events. Valuing one brand over another. Kudos to Penn Fusion and SUSA on how they flight teams in their respective tournaments. Best teams play each other regardless of whether they’re ECNL, GA or USYS. Grow the game. Not brands.
              the top GA teams all played in the GA Champions Cup prior week and werent back local till Wed. So lets not get to crazy thinking ECNL was beating GAs best, they werent there

Comment

none....
                Wrong.

Comment

The flights are 100% BS in every tournament. The organizers of all these tournaments play little games for the sake or someone looking good or someone else looking bad. For Pete’s sake why are there so many flights for each age group? I know 4 games is a lot in a weekend but these kids are young. I’d rather see group play over a day and half and then have elimination start after bracket play if they are going to invite that many teams to build the revenue up. I get it, it has to be a business, but at the same damn time, you had kids from one team that didn’t win telling kids in lower flights they only won because they were in a lower flight. Might be true, but if the point is to get exposure to teams you don’t usually see and get plenty of playing time in, I’d gladly say go to three team brackets, have a bracket winner, maybe some wildcards, and start the elimination rounds. Then maybe we wouldn’t see other all this other chatter centered around this team got whooped. This team got screwed by a flight too high. This team took a low flight on purpose. It dilutes the whole damn thing with all these flights. “Jeff cup is so prestigious”. Well multiplying the flights only dilutes that.

Comment

The flights are 100% BS in every tournament. The organizers of all these tournaments play little games for the sake or someone looking good or someone else looking bad. For Pete’s sake why are there so many flights for each age group? I know 4 games is a lot in a weekend but these kids are young. I’d rather see group play over a day and half and then have elimination start after bracket play if they are going to invite that many teams to build the revenue up. I get it, it has to be a business, but at the same damn time, you had kids from one team that didn’t win telling kids in lower flights they only won because they were in a lower flight. Might be true, but if the point is to get exposure to teams you don’t usually see and get plenty of playing time in, I’d gladly say go to three team brackets, have a bracket winner, maybe some wildcards, and start the elimination rounds. Then maybe we wouldn’t see other all this other chatter centered around this team got whooped. This team got screwed by a flight too high. This team took a low flight on purpose. It dilutes the whole damn thing with all these flights. “Jeff cup is so prestigious”. Well multiplying the flights only dilutes that.
                    there is enough data out there. i would expect they use the data and simply put the best teams in the top flights. If the team is in a lower flight i suspect it means they have not won enough games against highly ranked teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X