Danny Rants vs Tryouts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are so many coaching points to make in his 30 second videos that he posts. You mention he teaches them to get out of pressure but where is the pressure in his session? I have been to his sessions with my D and yes I am one of the guilty ones who at first bought into it. I admit it. It did allow my D to get extra touches in during the winter but here were some of the reasons she no longer attends:

- He doesn’t have them really play against each other until the end and in such a small facility, most stand and watch.
    - Watch the videos and you will see one player working while the other waits there turn in a line
    ​​​​​​- The videos all use their dominant foot. I was hoping he would push my d to gain confidence using her weaker one but it was more about circuits
    - Specifically the technical breakdowns came with their dribbling where they weren’t taught to get forward. As you can see in even videos, players perform lateral skills as opposed to attacking footwork
    - Danny screams at his players and plays favorites
    - Rumor is about him having outside of coaching trainings which I can’t really say I know definitive
    ​​​​​​- I know parents have seen or received calls of him absolutely wasted in hotels of tournaments
    ​​​​​​- He is verbally abusive
    - He married a former player which is concerning. He used to promote doing boys but that obviously failed
    - Last but not least he dresses like he is in a boy band while coaching

Originally posted by Guest View Post

If all you do is watch a 30 second video of a kid with a ball, or come to a session or two, that may be your take away. But that isn't what he teaches. Yes, he wants his kids to be creative and push themselves outside of there comfort zone during training. However, the goal is always to help develop skills and speed to get out of pressure and keep the ball moving forward to open space or to the next open player. If you don't like it, don't go. It's that simple.
    For my kid, who was already a pretty decent player, his training has been an invaluable resource and has helped her game go to the next level.

Comment

There are so many coaching points to make in his 30 second videos that he posts. You mention he teaches them to get out of pressure but where is the pressure in his session? I have been to his sessions with my D and yes I am one of the guilty ones who at first bought into it. I admit it. It did allow my D to get extra touches in during the winter but here were some of the reasons she no longer attends:

- He doesn’t have them really play against each other until the end and in such a small facility, most stand and watch.
      - Watch the videos and you will see one player working while the other waits there turn in a line
      ​​​​​​- The videos all use their dominant foot. I was hoping he would push my d to gain confidence using her weaker one but it was more about circuits
      - Specifically the technical breakdowns came with their dribbling where they weren’t taught to get forward. As you can see in even videos, players perform lateral skills as opposed to attacking footwork
      - Rumor is about him having outside of coaching trainings which I can’t really say I know definitive
      ​​​​​​- I know parents have seen or received calls of him absolutely wasted in hotels of tournaments
      - He married a former player which is concerning. He used to promote doing boys but that obviously failed

I can’t and I won’t speak to the personal attacks and mendacious accusations you’ve directed at him. Honestly, if you feel so strongly compelled to make them… you should at least attach your name to them.

As far as the soccer drills, of course you practice the drills with no pressure. That is how you develop and grow in both speed and confidence to utilize skills in a pressure situation. If you practiced footwork drills from day one under pressure, your session would be both a mess and a waste of time. And yes, he does scrimmage at the end of his sessions in tight space which is exactly what you want. There is an entire winter season/business devoted to 3v3, futsal, 5v5…. all in small fields/spaces, all designed to help kids develop their on-ball technical skills and decision making under pressure. You may want to try his sessions again, because my kid is constantly working on the weak foot, and I would say the biggest positive that has come from his training has been the explosiveness and quickness in attacking forward…. the complete opposite of your observations.

Comment

This dude is thirsty for attention.

Comment

That’s because he continues to lose players and no club will take him on their staff anymore. The long post in regards to reasons not to train there or him as a person, I can confirm most are valid regarding both on and off of the field issues. However I dont think this is the place to do this.

This dude is thirsty for attention.

Comment

He sucks and his top players would be top players if they trained with anyone else. Danny A Game is not the difference maker for anyone.

Comment

Agreed. That’s why he trains and no longer is allowed at clubs. He struggles to coach games and let’s be honest, clubs won’t deal with him on the sidelines. He probably has a USSF F license

He sucks and his top players would be top players if they trained with anyone else. Danny A Game is not the difference maker for anyone.

Comment

Agreed. That’s why he trains and no longer is allowed at clubs. He struggles to coach games and let’s be honest, clubs won’t deal with him on the sidelines. He probably has a USSF F license

Because that makes a difference? I'm sure that class is what makes the difference between good coaches and bad.

Comment

I can’t and I won’t speak to the personal attacks and mendacious accusations you’ve directed at him. Honestly, if you feel so strongly compelled to make them… you should at least attach your name to them.

As far as the soccer drills, of course you practice the drills with no pressure. That is how you develop and grow in both speed and confidence to utilize skills in a pressure situation. If you practiced footwork drills from day one under pressure, your session would be both a mess and a waste of time. And yes, he does scrimmage at the end of his sessions in tight space which is exactly what you want. There is an entire winter season/business devoted to 3v3, futsal, 5v5…. all in small fields/spaces, all designed to help kids develop their on-ball technical skills and decision making under pressure. You may want to try his sessions again, because my kid is constantly working on the weak foot, and I would say the biggest positive that has come from his training has been the explosiveness and quickn
                  .ess in attacking forward…. the complete opposite of your observations.
                  Your kid is being taught the skills with poor form. Scissors in place is silly

Comment

Here he goes ranting about tryouts again. Lmao. Stfu!

Comment

Here he goes ranting about tryouts again. Lmao. Stfu!
                      Funny enough I’m not a fan of his rambling posts, but this one about coaches and large rosters is actually spot on.

Comment

Share the link, I don’t follow him normally with his rants. I also dont understand how he can say about rosters being big when he is guilty himself? I agree the rosters should be smaller for development but he does it himself for his business. Isn’t he speaking contradicting himself saying about coaches having large rosters is poor when he packs 50 kids in a 20x10 facility having kids stand around because of its size?

Funny enough I’m not a fan of his rambling posts, but this one about coaches and large rosters is actually spot on.

Comment

agreed but offers no recommendations of clubs that don’t do this….

Comment

Doesn’t he train 20+ kids at once by himself in a tiny facility? I’ve never actually been there and only know what I hear.. but if he complains about roster sizes when he obviously cares more about the money by packing so many kids into 1 session tell you enough about the guy? Again my son doesn’t go to him but know somebody my daughter is friends with who used to

Comment

agreed but offers no recommendations of clubs that don’t do this….
                              because they ALL do it, especially by HA age and at the higher levels.

Comment

Don't like him? Don't send your kids to him!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X