Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a girl carded for a girls team …

Can a girl carded for a girls team play for a boys team in the same club or are the boys and girls in different clubs?

Happens very, very rarely if ever but I don't know of any rule that wouldn't allow it unless the league has something.

Comment

All depends on league rules as well as the club's insurance policy. I've seen a few girls play on boys teams but usually only up until maybe U12. The differences in physicality becomes a real issue

Comment

In same club for sure. Only with secondary carding in two different clubs which is pretty rare. State cups I am not sure, but usually can only be on a single roster. I have seen it done even at u13 and at a high level. If the girl is good and physically big and strong enough. U14 is when it becomes an issue and not really worth it, until then it can be really great from a developmental standpoint if they can handle it.

Comment

Across their club they can do it. I don’t know till what age group I have seen a u14 girl play for a boys team before.

FA have a girl pretty much at every boys team 7v7 - don’t do it at 9v9 so not sure if they’re not allowed or just that step is too much

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            All depends on league rules as well as the club's insurance policy. I've seen a few girls play on boys teams but usually only up until maybe U12. The differences in physicality becomes a real issue
            Why would it be an issue? Up until junior year we had girls on our team and and even senior year schools in our conference had girls and my D plays, starts and plays 90% of the time, on a boys team for a private middle school that has played ECNL and EDP boys teams.

Comment

Across their club they can do it. I don’t know till what age group I have seen a u14 girl play for a boys team before.

FA have a girl pretty much at every boys team 7v7 - don’t do it at 9v9 so not sure if they’re not allowed or just that step is too much
              I’m positive FA do NOT on their 2014 Black, 2013 Black, 2013 Silver or their 2012 Black. Not sure the point of posting false information.

Comment

USYS and US Club are the two main governing bodies in NJ. Neither prevents a girl from playing on a boys team at any age. A player, regardless of gender, may only be carded with one club per governing body. A player could be carded with 2 different clubs if one is under USYS and the other US Club. A player could secondary pass with a different club if the league rules allows for it.

Comment

I’m positive FA do NOT on their 2014 Black, 2013 Black, 2013 Silver or their 2012 Black. Not sure the point of posting false information.
                  They do have a girl play 2013 girls black, she’s good.

Comment

They do have a girl play 2013 girls black, she’s good.
                    BOYS black sorry

Comment

BOYS black sorry
                      is she new for the Spring? because i saw that team play in both the Fall and Winter and there was not a girl playing.

Comment

I’ve seen a few girls, especially in the winter with futsal playing with or against boys. At the younger ages we should encourage this more. Girls soccer u14 and below isn’t great, the boys is all about are you good enough? Sometimes the girls game is about who you’re friends with. .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X