Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSA and Crush are parting ways!

A buddy of mine who's daughter plays for CSA via Crush told me they got an email last night from their coach stating that the firms are parting ways and will instead have girls through u19 available to play and continue with the Crush program instead of the current situation where they were moved to CSA after u13. Not sure of the reasoning but it seems its a done deal. One big draw down is the lack of GA availability and the fact that Crush isnt in ECNL or ECRL either.

Interesting. NJ Crush has a long history and develops exceptional talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      A buddy of mine who's daughter plays for CSA via Crush told me they got an email last night from their coach stating that the firms are parting ways and will instead have girls through u19 available to play and continue with the Crush program instead of the current situation where they were moved to CSA after u13. Not sure of the reasoning but it seems its a done deal. One big draw down is the lack of GA availability and the fact that Crush isnt in ECNL or ECRL either.
      Not surprising CSA isn’t exactly a big draw and Crush was more successful being independent.

Comment

So Crush and CSA will be competing against each other for players at U14+? Or will CSA Bergen disappear?

Comment

So Crush and CSA will be competing against each other for players at U14+? Or will CSA Bergen disappear?
          Why would CSA Bergen disappear? It’s their top girls branch while CSA Monmouth is the top one for boys. Both locations will be just fine as long as they focus on their bread and butter.

Comment

Not surprised at all here. Crush does develop talent well. Plays proper soccer. Then transition to CS Bergen for kick and run… which has led them to last or second to last place almost across all GA age groups.

I can see Crush getting admitted into GA eventually but will need to establish U-13 to U-19 from scratch. Although I can definitely see a Bergen County turf war between the two and of course lots of former Crush girls now at CS Bergen who want to return.

Comment

Why would CSA Bergen disappear? It’s their top girls branch while CSA Monmouth is the top one for boys. Both locations will be just fine as long as they focus on their bread and butter.
              What? CS Monmouth 100% better than Bergen. Fact not opinion. Look at the results not to mention the facilities

Comment

Not surprised at all here. Crush does develop talent well. Plays proper soccer. Then transition to CS Bergen for kick and run… which has led them to last or second to last place almost across all GA age groups.

I can see Crush getting admitted into GA eventually but will need to establish U-13 to U-19 from scratch. Although I can definitely see a Bergen County turf war between the two and of course lots of former Crush girls now at CS Bergen who want to return.
                To be fair kick and run is the CSA way, regardless of branch. Not far between Bergen and Mounmouth but would give Bergen a slight edge. They play in a much much tougher GA division.

Comment

Crush players and coaches make up the GA teams mostly. CSA will be scrambling to get teams on the girls side. There won’t be a girls side for CSA in Bergen without Crush being part of it. The crazy foreign guy who screams at refs and his players will be back in charge over there. Crush is guaranteed to get all of the top players and will surely get the GA spot.

Crush originally went there for the GA status and in hopes that the owner of CSA would get them a facility. Unfortunately CSA only cared/s about the boys side. CSA didn’t fulfill their commitments. Crush pulling away will end the CSA Bergen branch.

Comment

Crush players and coaches make up the GA teams mostly. CSA will be scrambling to get teams on the girls side. There won’t be a girls side for CSA in Bergen without Crush being part of it. The crazy foreign guy who screams at refs and his players will be back in charge over there. Crush is guaranteed to get all of the top players and will surely get the GA spot.

Crush originally went there for the GA status and in hopes that the owner of CSA would get them a facility. Unfortunately CSA only cared/s about the boys side. CSA didn’t fulfill their commitments. Crush pulling away will end the CSA Bergen branch.
                    CSA only cares about the boys side but yeah the GA thing has not worked out well.

Comment

CSA only cares about the boys side but yeah the GA thing has not worked out well.
                      Bergen branch continues to be their flagship for girls while Monmouth for the boys. Just have to know which one to go to and do your research.

Comment

CSA GA will be finished. They won’t have enough girls teams or the quality to play as most of the teams were Crush players. Most of the girls from the CSA side will jump in with Crush as a result of the foreign coach who brought teams to Phoenix.

Comment

Bergen branch continues to be their flagship for girls while Monmouth for the boys. Just have to know which one to go to and do your research.
                          Much like CSA Staten Island, I've never seen a CSA Bergen team that impressed me. Glad they can pay the bills for the facilities in Monmouth, though.

Comment

I think Crush will be the place to be. All staff are remaining with Crush too, great move for all on that side of things.

Comment

CSA GA will be finished. They won’t have enough girls teams or the quality to play as most of the teams were Crush players. Most of the girls from the CSA side will jump in with Crush as a result of the foreign coach who brought teams to Phoenix.
                              GA as a league is unfortunately losing quality already perhaps CSA Is aware of this and making alternate plans. Would be great if they can get into ECNL. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X