Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help a mom out please! Boy - choosing between PDA Hiberian and Matchfit (Mercer)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help a mom out please! Boy - choosing between PDA Hiberian and Matchfit (Mercer)

Very new to this world, my son has offers from both PDA Hibernian Ream and Matchfit Mercer - which would you choose? Supposedly both offers are for their top teams, although PDA said kids will float between the teams, Matchfit just said "ECNL". I tried to review old threads but not sure how much I can apply from the extensive chatter about the girls teams to the boys side. He likes both coaches, said he thinks the kids are nicer at Matchfit, but PDA seems more professional and squared away. I also don't understand what Elite 64 is as compared to ECNL on the boys side...thank you so much to anyone who can give us some guidance!

First welcome to the crazy world of youth soccer! I am more familiar with Matchfit Mercer and will say ECNL is the top team and few kids float between ECNL and ECRL (a B team to ECNL) team. ECNL is governed by US Club Soccer and Elite 64 governed by US Youth Soccer. Both are national governing bodies (still not sure why US has 2 of these) Elite 64 starts officially next season so hard to gauge its success, but it looks to be a top league. ECNL is a bit more established. The concern with floating between teams is that it becomes hard to plan around schedules because you are not sure which team you are on. I have friends with boys on both teams and seem pretty happy. Best of luck with your decision.

Comment

Price, friends, playing time, Coach
      PDA Hibos was the offspring of Dan Donigan.
      love Dan great guy, former RU coach.
      He moved to St. Louis MLS job.
      Go where you feel welcome

Comment

What age group?

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback so far, I really appreciate you taking the time! OP here...my boy is a 2010 -- sounds like MFA is going to have two teams and one will be brand new which makes me a bit nervous? PDA already has two and is just augmenting with a few more kids to make the jump to 11v11.

Comment

I'd go with MFA Mercer.

PDA hibos is playing elite 64 which is a non-existent league at this point, so likely end up playing higher level EDP.

MFA Mercer is ECNL/ECRL on the boys side, so long term, it will draw a lot of kids.

Comment

Stay clear of matchfit.... News will be coming out today that will again confirm all the bashing on this forum is true - 2010 boys at mfa shore are a great team and were set to be the ecnl team for the program. The parents turned down the ecnl offer and today mfa shore fired coach robert n. Stay away - dom b is a bad person

Comment

FWIW, my son plays on an older MFA Mercer ECNL team, and we are very happy. The girls side has nothing to do with the boys side and the "drama" from that side doesn't spill over.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                  Stay clear of matchfit.... News will be coming out today that will again confirm all the bashing on this forum is true - 2010 boys at mfa shore are a great team and were set to be the ecnl team for the program. The parents turned down the ecnl offer and today mfa shore fired coach robert n. Stay away - dom b is a bad person
                  DB has nothing to do with the boys side of the club. The boys ECNL is run by Chris Lahey.

Comment

They fired coach Robert?

Comment

They fired coach Robert?
                      I have also heard he is not back for next year. not sure if he is leaving on own or was let go, but was told he will not be there. Bad look the week of tryouts.

Comment

Yes - Coach Robert is fired. All of his teams received an email this morning. Mid-season. BTW Dom Bucci may not supposed to be involved in the boys side but he got involved !!!

Comment

Yes - Coach Robert is fired. All of his teams received an email this morning. Mid-season. BTW Dom Bucci may not supposed to be involved in the boys side but he got involved !!!
                          Crazy but that is what MF does to people. DB strikes again! RT and DB are what's wrong with kids soccer.

Comment

Is RT next?

Comment

Go with Matchfit, OP.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X