Referee shortage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ban parents from matches and the shortage would disappear within a couple seasons.

Comment

Another thread on the same topic

​​​​​​http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/forum/...ng-nj-referees

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        Ban parents from matches and the shortage would disappear within a couple seasons.
        There's still some coaches that are terrible, but parents are probably 75% of the problem. Coaches and clubs do a poor job shutting their problem parents down

Comment

You're such a drama queen, Karen.
          Watch a video of yourself on the sidelines. And I'm the drama queen? Hardly.

Comment

Coaches do not deal with parents because they are (THE) paying customers. Will never happen until there is a real and tangible penalty for abusing a referee (coach suspended for games...)

Comment

Ban parents from matches and they won't need refs due to lack of participation.

Comment

Ban parents from matches and they won't need refs due to lack of participation.
                Plenty of coaches are a problem also. One of my teen refs just got berated by a travel coach for a freaking U10 game. My kid didn't back down and reported the coach and club :)

Comment

Coaches do not deal with parents because they are (THE) paying customers. Will never happen until there is a real and tangible penalty for abusing a referee (coach suspended for games...)
                  I agree clubs need to handle things better with poorly behaving parents. We were with one that did and it was practically blissful. Parents got a warning first, next time they had to leave the event, next time they weren't allowed on any field for the rest of the season. Usually at the end of the season the family would leave, either because they were asked or they got pissy about it (good riddance). Not fair to punish the kids if their parents are azzholes.

Comment

There is a national shortage of workers in every profession.

Stop paying them to stay home and they will get off their couch.
                    Vote Trump be an a hole because Trump says it’s your birthright

Comment

Vote Trump be an a hole because Trump says it’s your birthright
                      Thanks. I did. I happen to like cheap gas, lower taxes and affordable food and cars.

Get your 15th booster shot and a new mask when you can.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X