Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls Academy

If you have a Daughter playing in the GA I’d love to hear how the GA experience has been? Also what are the best GA clubs in the area. Cheers.

Ga is dead. zero pathway going forward

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      If you have a Daughter playing in the GA I’d love to hear how the GA experience has been? Also what are the best GA clubs in the area. Cheers.
      Its unlikely you will have to worry about it next tryout season. Even if it's still around 1) ECNL is the stronger league for college aspiring players 2) top EDP teams are often similar to many GAL teams for a lot less money and travel

Comment

You can’t ask for advice on the GA on this forum. All you’ll get is negativity and “ECNL is the best league” blah blah blah.

Comment

There are 4 GA teams in NJ- STA, Cedar Stars Began, Monmouth and SJEB. They are all pretty far apart. The programs is much more comprehensive than ECNL but the travel is a lot more and costly (both in time and money). They all are good options some of the teams better than others just like ECNL or USYS. It all depends on your kid, the coach and what type of team they have at your kids age. Some ages the coach at ECNL teams is amazing and nice kids other ages it’s a nightmare. So I would go tryout there 4-5 times get a feel for the vibe parents coach and then decide. GA is a pretty big investment - expect to spend $11-12k or more and travel so it’s worth taking the time and making sure it’s possible for your family. However, if it were between ECNL, GA, USYS it comes down to the actually team age and coach. Ask on here.

Comment

There are 4 GA teams in NJ- STA, Cedar Stars Began, Monmouth and SJEB. They are all pretty far apart. The programs is much more comprehensive than ECNL but the travel is a lot more and costly (both in time and money). They all are good options some of the teams better than others just like ECNL or USYS. It all depends on your kid, the coach and what type of team they have at your kids age. Some ages the coach at ECNL teams is amazing and nice kids other ages it’s a nightmare. So I would go tryout there 4-5 times get a feel for the vibe parents coach and then decide. GA is a pretty big investment - expect to spend $11-12k or more and travel so it’s worth taking the time and making sure it’s possible for your family. However, if it were between ECNL, GA, USYS it comes down to the actually team age and coach. Ask on here.
            This. Let’s just say some of us could be at an ECNL team and we are very happy with our GA team.

Just make the best decision for your kid based on the factors you value most.

Comment

Ga is dead. zero pathway going forward
              it was just newly formed so yeah , not “dead” , it’s just picking up steam and will continue to do so.

to answer the OP, there is a lot more travel with GA than eCNL than I have seen. So if money is an issue then I would ask interested clubs what their tuition is and then go from there. GL!

Comment

This. Let’s just say some of us could be at an ECNL team and we are very happy with our GA team.

Just make the best decision for your kid based on the factors you value most.
                I agree as well. Every parent has to decide what is most important. GA has a lot to offer depending on what you are looking for. You’ve seen two ECNL teams undercut each other on this forum for months, it is the culture of those clubs. Many people chose to remove themselves from that.

Comment

it was just newly formed so yeah , not “dead” , it’s just picking up steam and will continue to do so.

to answer the OP, there is a lot more travel with GA than eCNL than I have seen. So if money is an issue then I would ask interested clubs what their tuition is and then go from there. GL!
                  It's just the old GDA just renamed and weaker than ever before.. Yes there's still some decent clubs/teams/coaches/players. Yes it may be a good place for some players in some places (if you live near one of the remaining decent clubs). But overall it is a shell of what it first started as just a few years ago.

Comment

I agree as well. Every parent has to decide what is most important. GA has a lot to offer depending on what you are looking for. You’ve seen two ECNL teams undercut each other on this forum for months, it is the culture of those clubs. Many people chose to remove themselves from that.
                    The Hatfield vs the McCoy battle for NJ is pretty extreme but also is not nearly as bad as it seems on anonymous talking soccer

Comment

OP asked if anyone had any experience with GA and what is best GA club. Somehow as always this is turning into another GA vs ECNL thread

Comment

OP asked if anyone had any experience with GA and what is best GA club. Somehow as always this is turning into another GA vs ECNL thread
                        Actually in reading this thread it clearly gave the list and experience. Not sure what more you are looking for except to stir up trouble.

Comment

Alright clown. Just like every other thread someone asks a specific question and clowns like you twist and bash to push your agenda.

Comment

You can’t ask for advice on the GA on this forum. All you’ll get is negativity and “ECNL is the best league” blah blah blah.

Boom!

Comment

I will directly answer OP's question. I have a daughter that played GA for 1 year, was in DA the year before. Her club was well organized and fully embraced what GA was trying to offer. Her team however wasn't as good from when they were DA so it became frustrating for her. There was a decent amount of travel but we liked that. All in all she had a good experience but decided to move to a non GA club for this year closer to home.

As far as best clubs that all depends on where you live. STA seems to be one of the better GA clubs around NJ. There is CSA (2 locations) and SJEB. I think SJEB is the better of the 2 clubs but again it all depends on where you are located in NJ.

Good luck

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X