Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSA BERGEN GIRLS- Coach Tommy Kovacs?

He is apparently the girls zone 1 director for players under u15 I believe. My daughter is a 2010 player and we are looking for a new club for the spring. Does anyone know anything good, bad or indifferent about his coaching style, ability, demeanor?

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    He is apparently the girls zone 1 director for players under u15 I believe. My daughter is a 2010 player and we are looking for a new club for the spring. Does anyone know anything good, bad or indifferent about his coaching style, ability, demeanor?
    Yes he is an average coach, nice enough guy but has no experience at developing players to their next level of play. He has coached at Clarkstown . He has or had his own development training company. I would give him a solid c+.
    If your daughter is a middy, he would not be the coach for her during the development years. His style of play is very direct, bypassing the midfield.

Comment

Yes he is an average coach, nice enough guy but has no experience at developing players to their next level of play. He has coached at Clarkstown . He has or had his own development training company. I would give him a solid c+.
      If your daughter is a middy, he would not be the coach for her during the development years. His style of play is very direct, bypassing the midfield.
      All of clarkstown plays that style. Smash it and go.

Comment

All of clarkstown plays that style. Smash it and go.
        Yep but some at least try to teach some skill.

Comment

They took his Academy teams at the club away for him for many reasons. On paper he is the Zone 1 director but he is under a few of the lads at NJ Crush FC who basically run it all. He is a bit of a cheerleader type coach with an accent. Better off contacting the NJC 2010 coach as they are the stronger 2010 coach and usually make up the Academy teams down the road.

Comment

All these posts are super helpful. We are going to see his team play tomorrow morning actually to see his sideline demeanor. The lack of development is concerning although he does have an "A" license of that worth anything these days.

Comment

They took his Academy teams at the club away for him for many reasons. On paper he is the Zone 1 director but he is under a few of the lads at NJ Crush FC who basically run it all. He is a bit of a cheerleader type coach with an accent. Better off contacting the NJC 2010 coach as they are the stronger 2010 coach and usually make up the Academy teams down the road.
              can you provide some insight on why they took his Academy teams away from him?

Comment

Licenses mean nothing for coaches these days unfortunately. There are many coaches who received their A license years ago when the curriculum was less rigorous. I think the players and families weren't happy with his organization, game day demeanor and sessions. CSA Bergen is putting others in place for the Academy. His teams are kick and run. The gk will always punt the ball rather than build out of the back. His kids will work hard though as he is intense on the sidelines.

Comment

Guy is a legend because he yells so much. Had my kid in ODP many moons ago and he is a good teacher of the game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X