Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MFS VS PDA Video

Just like many of you, I'm caught up in the whole Ryan Tetro audio comments. I'm neutral, not having a child on either team. I read all the threads and comments, heard the audio, and watchthed the full video. People are demanding the full video/audio of the game. I watched most of the video, especially right before and following Mr. Tetros comments. Based on this, I can honestly say there isn't any situations during the game that would warrant the comments made by Tetro. I want to thank the people demanding the full video, it was because of you that I did indeed watch it and now I feel 100% that what Mr. Tetro said was unwarranted. The two players that are constantly being brought up in the threads were having a physical game. There is no question about it. But why would what's happening on the field ever warrant a grown man to make those comments? The coach of all people should know better than that. I've been at games when parents were saying things similar and the coach told them to stop, and in one game, asked them to leave. The coach is an extention of us, responsible for the well being of our children when they are with him. We should never have to worry if our kids are in good hands when we entrust them with our kids. In my opinion Mr. Tetro destroyed that trust the moment he instructed his player to intentionally hurt another. Why any of the parents on his team feel that's ok, or even justified, is crazy.

Go play Tennis

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      Just like many of you, I'm caught up in the whole Ryan Tetro audio comments. I'm neutral, not having a child on either team. I read all the threads and comments, heard the audio, and watchthed the full video. People are demanding the full video/audio of the game. I watched most of the video, especially right before and following Mr. Tetros comments. Based on this, I can honestly say there isn't any situations during the game that would warrant the comments made by Tetro. I want to thank the people demanding the full video, it was because of you that I did indeed watch it and now I feel 100% that what Mr. Tetro said was unwarranted. The two players that are constantly being brought up in the threads were having a physical game. There is no question about it. But why would what's happening on the field ever warrant a grown man to make those comments? The coach of all people should know better than that. I've been at games when parents were saying things similar and the coach told them to stop, and in one game, asked them to leave. The coach is an extention of us, responsible for the well being of our children when they are with him. We should never have to worry if our kids are in good hands when we entrust them with our kids. In my opinion Mr. Tetro destroyed that trust the moment he instructed his player to intentionally hurt another. Why any of the parents on his team feel that's ok, or even justified, is crazy.
      It's not the video, it's the audio. And it's not about what RT said, it's what the PDA coaches said before and after. And we're not talking 80min of audio, we're asking to start the audio from the moment the play was over and what was said and done after RT's comments. 2 min of audio. We want to hold coaches accountable for what they do and say and protect the kids? I'm here for all of it.

Ask yourself, if what I'm saying isn't the case, then why hasn't the person or Meredith Rooney posted the audio in question?

Why did the PDA parent feel compelled to give it to a 3rd party (who wasn't there, who has no connection to the game......but had been fired from the club she hates?)

If it truly was so cut-and-dry, why wouldn't they post it themselves? Why wasn't RT removed from the game by the referees or tourny officials? Why didn't the PDA parents storm the field? Meredith Rooney was willing to post the video without any context - the people that gave it to her know better, and THAT'S why you haven't heard it.

Comment

It's not the video, it's the audio. And it's not about what RT said, it's what the PDA coaches said before and after. And we're not talking 80min of audio, we're asking to start the audio from the moment the play was over and what was said and done after RT's comments. 2 min of audio. We want to hold coaches accountable for what they do and say and protect the kids? I'm here for all of it.

Ask yourself, if what I'm saying isn't the case, then why hasn't the person or Meredith Rooney posted the audio in question?

Why did the PDA parent feel compelled to give it to a 3rd party (who wasn't there, who has no connection to the game......but had been fired from the club she hates?)

If it truly was so cut-and-dry, why wouldn't they post it themselves? Why wasn't RT removed from the game by the referees or tourny officials? Why didn't the PDA parents storm the field? Meredith Rooney was willing to post the video without any context - the people that gave it to her know better, and THAT'S why you haven't heard it.
        Why don’t you just say what RT said the PDA coach said? Obviously he has had this conversation with the parents, DB and others or you would not be clamoring for the audio to try to vindicate him and vilify NH.

Comment

I didn't hear anything in the video from the PDA coach telling his players to intentionally hurt another. You all have this hang up about what was said right after Tetro's comments. We can debate this as much as we want, but the fact remains Tetros told a player to intentionally hurt another. And to answer your question why didn't any of the PDA players parents storm the field after the comment was made, when this first came to light, several MF Shore parents stated on here they did not hear any comments made from where they were. Another parent stated they were behind the goal and didn't hear any comments. The comments were picked up by a camera on the players side. So, if what your saying is correct, PDA parents have super sonic hearing, able to hear across the soccer field comments made by tetro that the MF shore parents have said couldn't be heard. As for the referees, I can't speak on their behalf. Who knows if they heard it or not, but did get involved when NH said something to Tetro. And you all got this hang up on this Meredith Rooney for posting this. That's funny because every single one of you making comments on this forum are big pussies and would never post your name. You all love to blame individuals for anything negative being said about MF Shore and Ryan Tetro. All last year it was Niko from CSA. Then AG from CSA. Then it was a parent from CSA who's kid couldn't make one of your teams. Then it was a PDA "momager", then a PDA intern. If I heard the audio clip, i would have done the same thing. MF Shore has this weird obsession that they find it hard to believe they are not well liked by many and all the hatred is always one person. Please stop trying to make.more out of this then neccessary. Tetro made the comments. Thats it, period.

Comment

Go play Tennis
            I might consider that. Tetro wouldn't be the coach, would he? I don't believe there are any bars near the tennis court so maybe that's a good idea.

Comment

I didn't hear anything in the video from the PDA coach telling his players to intentionally hurt another. You all have this hang up about what was said right after Tetro's comments. We can debate this as much as we want, but the fact remains Tetros told a player to intentionally hurt another. And to answer your question why didn't any of the PDA players parents storm the field after the comment was made, when this first came to light, several MF Shore parents stated on here they did not hear any comments made from where they were. Another parent stated they were behind the goal and didn't hear any comments. The comments were picked up by a camera on the players side. So, if what your saying is correct, PDA parents have super sonic hearing, able to hear across the soccer field comments made by tetro that the MF shore parents have said couldn't be heard. As for the referees, I can't speak on their behalf. Who knows if they heard it or not, but did get involved when NH said something to Tetro. And you all got this hang up on this Meredith Rooney for posting this. That's funny because every single one of you making comments on this forum are big pussies and would never post your name. You all love to blame individuals for anything negative being said about MF Shore and Ryan Tetro. All last year it was Niko from CSA. Then AG from CSA. Then it was a parent from CSA who's kid couldn't make one of your teams. Then it was a PDA "momager", then a PDA intern. If I heard the audio clip, i would have done the same thing. MF Shore has this weird obsession that they find it hard to believe they are not well liked by many and all the hatred is always one person. Please stop trying to make.more out of this then neccessary. Tetro made the comments. Thats it, period.
              I wouldn't worry about it anymore. Whoever this poster is has nothing better to do all day long and continues to post the same response over and over and over again. I honestly don't know how someone has all of the time to do so. He/she is not giving it up either. Nothing will happen until some sort of fight breaks out or player gets injured.

On a positive note, the people in charge of ECNL, USYS, and Matchfit know about this incident. ECNL was also contacted last year about Ryan Tetro's behavior. Hopefully everyone recognizes that and understands the three strike rule. I think this probably even deserves it's own thread.

Comment

I actually just saw the video of this game and heard the comment Mr.Tetro made. Not having any affiliation with either club (my d's both play at PSA) I do believe what people are claiming Mr. Tetro said is accurate. I'm appalled that a youth coach with the success this team has had would resort to telling a player to intentionally hurt another because they were losing. If a coach ever instructed one of my kids to play like that, we would leave the club. I don't raise my girls to be dirty players and I have seen my share of kids that are. A majority of these kids learn this type of soccer from their coaches. Is winning a game that important to a coach that they would resort to playing like that? Shme on you Mr. Tetro. You are in a position to mentor these young girls. Don't teach them that winning is the only thing.

Comment

I actually just saw the video of this game and heard the comment Mr.Tetro made. Not having any affiliation with either club (my d's both play at PSA) I do believe what people are claiming Mr. Tetro said is accurate. I'm appalled that a youth coach with the success this team has had would resort to telling a player to intentionally hurt another because they were losing. If a coach ever instructed one of my kids to play like that, we would leave the club. I don't raise my girls to be dirty players and I have seen my share of kids that are. A majority of these kids learn this type of soccer from their coaches. Is winning a game that important to a coach that they would resort to playing like that? Shme on you Mr. Tetro. You are in a position to mentor these young girls. Don't teach them that winning is the only thing.
                  Hi Meredith Rooney, I don’t know you, but several people sent me your post yesterday. My daughter is the defender involved in this play (you posted a screenshot of her and included her name in your video).

Because of your skillful editing and the fact that you purposefully removed any context of what happened, many people who have viewed your video on here and on Instagram now have the impression that this was a dirty play, that my daughter has been taught “Rugby Soccer” and that this is somehow her (and Coach Tetro’s) preferred style of play. One IG poster said that he’s seen too many players “taken out” in games, only for the “perpetrators” to be “rewarded with little to no punishment.”

And yet you didn’t correct any of these comments or set them straight on what actually happened. Worse, you not only (purposefully?) misled them, but you encouraged them.

What you didn’t post was the play itself (attached), because it tells a different story, one that doesn’t match the narrative you’re promoting. I’ll let those who know more soccer than I do judge this play for themselves.

It’s clear that a foul should’ve been called on the play, but on the PDA player, not on my daughter. You can see and hear in the video that not a single PDA parent (in a spirited contest no less) said a word about the collision or protested the no-call because, as the video shows, the PDA player was clearly late to the ball, out of control, and extended her leg in a dangerous fashion. Note: this PDA player is one heckuva player and I don’t think for a single second she intended to hurt my daughter - it was just two hard-nosed players going full speed and playing hard.

When you watch the slo-mo, you can see my daughter actually bracing for the contact and trying to get out of the way - the PDA player’s head made contact with my daughter’s shoulder at full speed, and that’s what caused her head to recoil, which you no doubt carefully highlighted as the only sensational screenshot in your entire video. Most importantly, I hope that this PDA player is OK because it was a nasty collision.

You then cut to Coach Tetro’s comments without letting the audience see and hear what was said and done by the PDA coaches immediately after that collision and before his comments. Nor did you include what was said by the PDA coaches after you cut the audio. No doubt these were also calculated decisions on your part. Well played.

I served as an Army officer for 20 years, including combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, and can appreciate some good propaganda efforts. I’ve also played and coached at the D-I level. If I felt for a second that Coach Tetro wanted my daughter to purposefully hurt an opposing player, play dirty, or retaliate in any fashion, I would walk out onto the pitch myself, take her by the arm, and we’d find another team to play for. Honor and integrity mean more to me and my family than winning a U13 soccer match.

She has played for Coach Tetro since the summer of 2018, and he has never encouraged dirty play or retaliation against another player. In fact, I’ve seen him pull players for even an inkling of that behavior if they lose their cool.

Unlike you, I’m also willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the PDA coaches, who likely had a poor vantage point of the play, and who thought it was THEIR player who was fouled/wronged in the collision, and reacted in a way that they likely now regret. In fact, if you give me your complete audio file, I too can make a sensational video where I splice a scandalous screenshot of the PDA player crashing into my daughter and pulling out ugly soundbites from the PDA coaches immediately after the play. I could then call for their jobs and ECNL action against PDA. But I wouldn’t do that.

You, on the other hand, decided to post a screenshot that gave the impression my daughter was a dirty player who was maliciously going after a PDA player (she was not, in fact, she was the one who was fouled), and audio from a coach who was allegedly imploring his players to play even dirtier (he was not). Instead of providing the complete audio footage and the actual play, you used some carefully selected audio and an ugly screenshot to support your agenda.

Although it says in your profile that you used to coach at Match Fit, you made this a Coach Tetro / Match Fit / ECNL issue, and have now included my daughter by name and picture in the process.

Were you at the game? If not, who gave you the audio and the screenshot to post?

Why would someone give these to you to post instead of posting it themselves?

Why didn’t you show the video of the actual play instead of just posting the stand-alone, no-context screenshot, especially when that screenshot came from a video?

Why not post it all unedited and let everyone see and hear what was said on both sides after the play, instead of only the part that puts Coach Tetro in the most negative light?

I’m all for your campaign of getting rid of cowboy coaches who teach their players to retaliate and go after opposing players. Coach Tetro isn’t one of them.

Please take down your video, remove my daughter’s name and screenshot, and kindly leave my kid out of whatever vendetta you have against her coach and the club.

And, giving YOU the benefit of the doubt, you got played. The next time somebody gives you some carefully curated content to execute a hit job on their behalf, you might want to ask for all of the content so you don’t get exposed when somebody posts the actual footage.

And if you DID receive all of the footage, and consciously chose to edit it the way you did, shame on you.

The only redeeming thing from this unfortunate sequence of events was the PDA parent who, out of camera-shot, admonishes the PDA player seen giving the middle finger to MFA parents on the sideline at the end of the clip. Whoever you are, good on you.

Comment

Hi Meredith Rooney, I don’t know you, but several people sent me your post yesterday. My daughter is the defender involved in this play (you posted a screenshot of her and included her name in your video).

Because of your skillful editing and the fact that you purposefully removed any context of what happened, many people who have viewed your video on here and on Instagram now have the impression that this was a dirty play, that my daughter has been taught “Rugby Soccer” and that this is somehow her (and Coach Tetro’s) preferred style of play. One IG poster said that he’s seen too many players “taken out” in games, only for the “perpetrators” to be “rewarded with little to no punishment.”

And yet you didn’t correct any of these comments or set them straight on what actually happened. Worse, you not only (purposefully?) misled them, but you encouraged them.

What you didn’t post was the play itself (attached), because it tells a different story, one that doesn’t match the narrative you’re promoting. I’ll let those who know more soccer than I do judge this play for themselves.

It’s clear that a foul should’ve been called on the play, but on the PDA player, not on my daughter. You can see and hear in the video that not a single PDA parent (in a spirited contest no less) said a word about the collision or protested the no-call because, as the video shows, the PDA player was clearly late to the ball, out of control, and extended her leg in a dangerous fashion. Note: this PDA player is one heckuva player and I don’t think for a single second she intended to hurt my daughter - it was just two hard-nosed players going full speed and playing hard.

When you watch the slo-mo, you can see my daughter actually bracing for the contact and trying to get out of the way - the PDA player’s head made contact with my daughter’s shoulder at full speed, and that’s what caused her head to recoil, which you no doubt carefully highlighted as the only sensational screenshot in your entire video. Most importantly, I hope that this PDA player is OK because it was a nasty collision.

You then cut to Coach Tetro’s comments without letting the audience see and hear what was said and done by the PDA coaches immediately after that collision and before his comments. Nor did you include what was said by the PDA coaches after you cut the audio. No doubt these were also calculated decisions on your part. Well played.

I served as an Army officer for 20 years, including combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, and can appreciate some good propaganda efforts. I’ve also played and coached at the D-I level. If I felt for a second that Coach Tetro wanted my daughter to purposefully hurt an opposing player, play dirty, or retaliate in any fashion, I would walk out onto the pitch myself, take her by the arm, and we’d find another team to play for. Honor and integrity mean more to me and my family than winning a U13 soccer match.

She has played for Coach Tetro since the summer of 2018, and he has never encouraged dirty play or retaliation against another player. In fact, I’ve seen him pull players for even an inkling of that behavior if they lose their cool.

Unlike you, I’m also willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the PDA coaches, who likely had a poor vantage point of the play, and who thought it was THEIR player who was fouled/wronged in the collision, and reacted in a way that they likely now regret. In fact, if you give me your complete audio file, I too can make a sensational video where I splice a scandalous screenshot of the PDA player crashing into my daughter and pulling out ugly soundbites from the PDA coaches immediately after the play. I could then call for their jobs and ECNL action against PDA. But I wouldn’t do that.

You, on the other hand, decided to post a screenshot that gave the impression my daughter was a dirty player who was maliciously going after a PDA player (she was not, in fact, she was the one who was fouled), and audio from a coach who was allegedly imploring his players to play even dirtier (he was not). Instead of providing the complete audio footage and the actual play, you used some carefully selected audio and an ugly screenshot to support your agenda.

Although it says in your profile that you used to coach at Match Fit, you made this a Coach Tetro / Match Fit / ECNL issue, and have now included my daughter by name and picture in the process.

Were you at the game? If not, who gave you the audio and the screenshot to post?

Why didn’t you show the video of the actual play instead of just posting the stand-alone, no-context screenshot, especially when that screenshot came from a video?

Why not post it all unedited and let everyone see and hear what was said on both sides after the play, instead of only the part that puts Coach Tetro in the most negative light?

I’m all for your campaign of getting rid of cowboy coaches who teach their players to retaliate and go after opposing players. Coach Tetro isn’t one of them.

Please take down your video, remove my daughter’s name and screenshot, and kindly leave my kid out of whatever vendetta you have against her coach and the club.

And, giving YOU the benefit of the doubt, you got played. The next time somebody gives you some carefully curated content to execute a hit job on their behalf, you might want to ask for all of the content so you don’t get exposed when somebody posts the actual footage.

And if you DID receive all of the footage, and consciously chose to edit it the way you did, shame on you.

The only redeeming thing from this unfortunate sequence of events was the PDA parent who, out of camera-shot, admonishes the PDA player seen giving the middle finger to MFA parents on the sideline at the end of the clip. Whoever you are, good on you.
                    Hey jerkoff, do you have to repost the exact same thing you did on her facebook page? Not one ****ing person identified your daughter other than Ryan Tetro in the video and audio. What kind of ******* father outs his kids full name on a public forum then cries that other people did it? I watched the entire video, and no matter what was done prior or after Tetros comments did anything that happen warrant his comments to your kid. Not one single person is commenting on the play that led to Tetro telling your kid to "hit her as hard as you like". Nice parenting on your end that your kid didn't stand up to Tetro and tell him "I don't play like that." You are a disgrace as a parent and probably one of the parents crying about got soccer points. Why you find it necessary to defend your daughter during the game when not one single person, anywhere, blamed her or the pda girl for what tetro said. What a ****ing loser you are. What parent outs a 12 year old on a public forum. You should have your kid taken away from you. What a *******

Comment

This guy is a clown. For some reason hes making Tetros comments to a player to intentionally hurt another about all about his kid. There hasn't been one single person, for or against Tetros comments, that blame anything on his kid and yet he has to defend her? Dude, your an *******. Father of the year. Nice way to raise your kid, putting undue and unwarranted attention on her, you *******.

Comment

Someone at Matchfit Shore a bigger ******* than that guy Jason? Seems to be! Starting controversy over something that has absolutely nothing to do with his kid.

Comment

Everyone involved with this are clowns

Comment

Not one single person outed this kid or blamed her for RT's comments. Why is this jerk defending his kid? Typical MF Shore parent starting drama over nothing

Comment

I think this is sincere. I have older kids so not involved in this age but seems you are pretty upset and have every right to defend your kid- because you love her. But - This whole thing is super messy and my recommendation is if you really love your kid you would find a way out of this situation by finding a healthy club to play at. Not MFS or PDA both too dramatic.

No one cares about an 11 or 12 year olds soccer game (except for the parents) it will not be remembered. But your daughter will remember and could be affected by this- and it will likely have her drop out or become very anxious. That is the only thing you should worry or care about.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X