Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Bow only has like 600 students. A jump to D1 would be massive.
    Not that far out but yes would be a smaller school. Seems like they could compete based on the record. Or the fear if exposure is too great

Comment

Bow in D1?!? That’s ridiculous they would be like many too D3 schools middle of the pack or lower of D1 and they are too small and not dominate enough to get the bump up.

Comment

Bow in D1?!? That’s ridiculous they would be like many too D3 schools middle of the pack or lower of D1 and they are too small and not dominate enough to get the bump up.
        Hanover was a solid D2 team. They’ll never touch top 4 in D1.

Comment

Difference between the good schools in D1 and D2 in in NH.

D1 you get 2-4 good soccer players per grade and an equal number of decent players.
          D2 you get 1-2 and an equal number of decent players.

Four grades in HS, so D2 has glaring holes even on the best D2 rosters. Explains why kick and chase and long balls are dominant at this level Bow or Hanover would be lucky to sniff top 8 in D1.

Comment

Bow parents would never allow them to go into D1.

Comment

Bow parents would never allow them to go into D1.
              Now parents can’t be worse than Exeter or BG moms or dads?

Comment

Now parents can’t be worse than Exeter or BG moms or dads?
                Hoo boy that's a tough one. Have to go with the Bow parents. Students? Exeter wins out in a real tight race vs. BG students.

Comment

Hoo boy that's a tough one. Have to go with the Bow parents. Students? Exeter wins out in a real tight race vs. BG students.
                  It’s the Hanover students behind their net. You’d think it was MAGA country.

Comment

It’s the Hanover students behind their net. You’d think it was MAGA country.
                    Yikes, so just like that it turns political.

I'll refrain from keeping that strange turn going. I do encourage you to get your TDS checked out.

Comment

What is the determining factor? Success/titles? Fair play? Doing more with less?

* He's retired, but IMO CL at Manchester Central boys set the highest bar on and off the field over the last 20+ years. He did more for the community, through volunteering, than many coaches could even consider. He has detractors, but I'm not one of them.
                      * MW at Bedford, while having a fantastic feeder program that allows her to always be in the mix, nonetheless has teams that perform, play "the right way", win alot, and has players that represent themselves, the school, and the community well.

Other coaches have had more success than either of them, but the on/off the field stories of what players say and do and are allowed to get away with goes against what I could consider "best".

Just my opinion. could be wrong, often am.
                      Well Said.

Comment

What is the determining factor? Success/titles? Fair play? Doing more with less?

* He's retired, but IMO CL at Manchester Central boys set the highest bar on and off the field over the last 20+ years. He did more for the community, through volunteering, than many coaches could even consider. He has detractors, but I'm not one of them.
                        * MW at Bedford, while having a fantastic feeder program that allows her to always be in the mix, nonetheless has teams that perform, play "the right way", win alot, and has players that represent themselves, the school, and the community well.

Other coaches have had more success than either of them, but the on/off the field stories of what players say and do and are allowed to get away with goes against what I could consider "best".

Just my opinion. could be wrong, often am.
                        You think CL and central are good representatives on and off the field? We certainly are going to have to disagree on both fronts.
                        I will agree he has some tough kids and handles some of them well but they are not the class of D1 or any divisions for that matter. Not by a long shot. That’s the coaching staff and the kids I am referring to.

Comment

“Best” coach is a broad title. If that means “Most Successful over the last 10/15 years”

Girls:
                          https://nhiaa.org/ckfinder/userfiles...0-%20Girls.pdf

D1 Girls: has to be MY at Exeter. Endless titles over the years.
                          D2 Girls: JV at Bow is a no-brainer. Plus has one of the smallest schools in D2.
                          D3 Girls: MZ at Hopkinton. Touchline behavior not so great but his kids play with abandon and win. A lot. Also one of the smallest schools in D3.
                          D4 Girls: Tossup between MC at Sunapee & AD at Newmarket. Sunapee has more titles: Newmarket has been a perennial loser in the championship game but now seems to have figured it out & also won last year.

Boys:
                          https://nhiaa.org/ckfinder/userfiles...20-%20Boys.pdf

D1 Boys: RG @ Hanover. Hanover has 690 students. Every other team has 1,000 plus up to Pinkerton with over 3,000. Very impressive to have that level of success.
                          D2 Boys: AE at Oyster River. 3 finals & 2 wins.
                          D3 Boys: pretty open, maybe Gilford, also won last year
                          D4 Boys: JI at Sunapee. Always competitive - must be something in the fertilizer on the Sunapee pitch…

Comment

Can't deny the titles, but I will have a hard time giving support to schools that support some of the activity that goes on. Either direct support (i.e. blowing a bottom-dwelling team out by double digits when the game means nothing other than stat-building on the last game of the season) or indirect (players screaming at other team's coaches, refs, fans, social media activity meant to intimidate and/or abuse other players before games). This is high school soccer, not the World Cup. These are kids for **** sake. We HAVE to consider things beside titles when talking about great high school coaches. We have to.

Nothing more satisfying than seeing some of these arrogant coaches and teams lose and their reactions. Karma is a funny thing sometimes.

Comment

Not aware of this kind of behavior - which of these coaches have done any of that.?

Some of them are exemplary: for example RG (Hanover boys), MY (Exeter Girls)

Comment

Not aware of this kind of behavior - which of these coaches have done any of that.?

Some of them are exemplary: for example RG (Hanover boys), MY (Exeter Girls)
                                Not coaches directly, programs. Which ultimately they are responsible for.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X