Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    AA is out. Repeats from last year (IK from Timberlane and LL from Bow) along with a new addition, AC from Bedford - best defender from the best defense from the best team gets the honor I guess.

For Boys, only SH (Windham). I expected TN from Hanover to make it.
    Problem is JB from South should have gotten the AA. Ask any of the kids who played against him or SH. Politics and voting blocks always get in the way of this.

Comment

Hockey has been going down this path for a while now. More and more we are seeing a Canadian player who graduates from HS, tries to make it in Juniors, and then tries a secondary route in US college. They are older, foreign, and better.

Not currently tied into the youth hockey market, but has this had a positive or negative effect?

Comment

Hockey has been going down this path for a while now. More and more we are seeing a Canadian player who graduates from HS, tries to make it in Juniors, and then tries a secondary route in US college. They are older, foreign, and better.

Not currently tied into the youth hockey market, but has this had a positive or negative effect?
        Sorry wrong thread…..

Comment

Problem is JB from South should have gotten the AA. Ask any of the kids who played against him or SH. Politics and voting blocks always get in the way of this.
          What block of people wouldn’t vote for JB? Someone please spill it.

Comment

I understand the process. All I’m saying is there are 4-5 girls on the bottom teams who are no doubt better than some of the teams that got 3,4,5 players.
            Then their coaches need to advocate for them... there is no conspiracy - the coaches vote and its that easy.

Comment

Then their coaches need to advocate for them... there is no conspiracy - the coaches vote and its that easy.
              I understand what the poster is complaining about. It's hard to be a good player on a bad team. Nothing is at your feet, nobody is seeing the game like you do. It's rough. Personally I think highly of a few players on poor teams, but to the your point...coaches need to advocate for it.

That doesn't mean the good players on good teams are "just another player". The AA players named are all going to D1 schools, so someone more knowledgeable than your typical TS poster thinks something of them.

And, one last note, this is the case with literally every sport's "all-whatever team". Top teams always get multiple players, and bottom teams get the obligatory one spot and sometimes, that spot is given to a less-deserving player since they need to be represented. Or, you have an "All-EPL" team which is made up of 90% MCity and Liverpool players. That's life.

Comment

This will get the dissenters really riled up, but SH for Boys and AC Girls were each named Players of the Year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X