Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Bow player knocked off the ball on a scoring chance and Pembroke went down and scored off a scramble. Definitely different opinions on what was a foul in the crowd
    Hahaha Bow parents are at it again. Graceful on victory, and defeat. Slowly becoming the most hated program in the state. Entitled.

Comment

Really even game IMO, but once Bedford gets back to full health I'd like to see a replay. Rarely does one player make a difference, but in this case I think it may. But we can only grade on the players on the pitch so, with that said, my D1 rankings are:

Girls

1) Exeter
      2) Portsmouth
      3) Bedford
      4) BG
      5) Timberlane

After watching many games so far, I see it coming down to these teams and their order could fluctuate. The biggest thing, for me, is everyone plays on turf except for Timberlane. The Owls' field is quite poor, and many teams can't play on it. Depending on how the final seeds go they could end up hosting a quarter-final game and that could be the difference.

Boys

1) Memorial
      2) Windham
      3) Central
      4) South
      5) Concord

That Central/South score shocked me. Anyone see it live? I know Concord has only dropped two points so far but that's a bad tie against Goffstown and they haven't looked great overall; yet still grinding results. Like the girls, this season is shaping up that any of the top could win it, and for boys it could go even beyond this five.
      Central definitely got the better of them in the first half. South came out very strong second half and was knocking on the door and then made a bad giveaway on their own free kick with 20 left. Down 3-1 coach pulled out the staters and central scored two more on the subs. 3-1 was a more realistic score.

Comment

South lost to north tonight. Good game with two of the better teams. South controlled majority of the play and all the good scoring chances…hit the bar twice and several other point blank shots. South keeper gave up a real soft goal midway in the second. Might have been north’s first shot on goal. South couldn’t convert snd hit the bar again. North scored with a couple minutes left as south was pushing. Both teams played well but south was the better team tonight theoretically…but you have to score so north was the better team tonight.

Comment

Good feedback on those last two games, thank you.

Heard Central over Memorial last night, with Central scoring three great goals (according to my D who was watching). D1 boys shaping up to be very competitive with no undefeated teams left, and everyone but Windham having two losses.

Up above, someone mentioned some schedule anomalies for girls and I took a look, and I can see the gripe I guess. To me, I see the title coming from one of Bedford, BG, Exeter, Portsmouth, or Timberlane. Of course the field has a chance to send someone else in, but likely will be one of those five. Here's where it the complaints could come in:

Bedford - Exeter, Portsmouth, BG
          BG - Timberlane, Bedford
          Exeter - Timberlane, Bedford
          Portsmouth - Timberlane, Bedford
          Timberlane - Portsmouth, BG, Exeter

Having to only play 2 of the 5 gives you a one game advantage, and with the expectation all of these teams gather 13 wins or so, that could be a factor.

Poor Pinkerton, Londonderry, , they play ALL FIVE and a couple others play four of them.

Bedford & Portsmouth this Tuesday could be a huge game. Bedford needs to show they can beat a really good team. If Portsmouth wins, they will likely run the table. Exeter/Timberlane in early October and Bedford/BG to close out the season are the remaining title-bout games left

Comment

Past the halfway point of the season and in girls D1, the pack is separating.

1) Exeter - continues to roll with only one big test remaining v Timberlane. Not to say Merrimack or Concord could snatch a point, but reality is Timberlane is the only realistic chance to break up their perfect season. Statement win: 2-1 over Bedford
            2) Portsmouth - Travels to Bedford Tuesday and after, only after I don't see a major test to keep their perfect record in tact, but surely not all are cakewalks. Statement win: 5-1 over Timberlane
            3) Bedford - I think they will match up well against Portsmouth, but after have the toughest remaining schedule of the Top Five with BG still to play along with four others that are mid-table and above. Statement win: N/A
            4) Timberlane - I'm waiting for that Exeter game to buy into their title chances. BG win earlier in the year was a statement, and the 5-1 loss to Portsmouth to start the year looks like an anomaly. Statement win: 2-1 over BG
            5) BG - Not the same team as last year. Tie to Merrimack hurts and they finish the season going to Bedford. Not out of it by any means, but not cracking the Top Five for now. N/A

For boys, a bit of a shake up they are much more congested. I don't think it will end up the way it stands now.

1) Nashua North - Memorial and Central still to play; huge win over South last week puts them on top for now.
            2) Manchester Central - outplayed Memorial and only that Exeter loss two weeks back breaks up their impressive run
            3) Exeter - Winning a lot of close games, to me, is more impressive than a bunch of blowouts. Still, I put them just below Central despite that win
            4) Nashua South - I might be buying into their designation as defending champs too much, but we will see later today when they host Memorial
            5t) Manchester Memorial - A toss up between them and Windham.
            5t) Windham - Chickened out in deciding between the two.

Comment

Windham boys with an easy schedule, only play 1 Nashua and 1 Manchester team.

Comment

Bedford girls over Portsmouth, 1-0 in OT. Really good game for the neutrals. Bedford likely deserved it as they had the better chances, and many more of them as that defense is top notch. But Portsmouth was dangerous and their deep roster will serve them well as the season goes on. They could meet again.

Comment

It would be unwise to sleep on BG. They will be in the mix. Their may be questions about their D, their offense is powerful and will be heard from before this is over.

Comment

Agree on Guertin, still will be in the mix and close season out at Bedford which could have big seeding implications.

D1 Girls
                    1) Exeter. The Hawks keep rolling and cap off their busy week by hosting Timberlane.
                    2) Bedford. 1-1 against the Top Five so far
                    3) Timberlane. A win v Exeter needed to state their case
                    4) Portsmouth. No shame in losing to Bedford, but mentally they need to get over the hump against them
                    5) BG. Shouldn't be troubled until the last game of the season; that tie v Merrimack hurt

An interesting scene COULD develop where Portsmouth beat Timberlane who beats Exeter who beat Bedford who beat Portsmouth. All could end up with just one loss. Not predicting, just thought it was interesting.

D1 Boys
                    1) Exeter. Statement wins against Central and N. South
                    2) Central. I felt from day one they will be in the mix at the end, and still feel that way despite some inconsistencies
                    3) N. North. Still need to play fading Memorial and Central before year's end
                    4) Windham. Beating everyone they should, and have all winnable games to close out the year
                    5) N. South. Lost a bit from last year and don't see much to separate them from Memorial...except for their 2-0 W v Memorial so they get the nod

Boys are interesting in that every team has at least 2 losses. There are six teams with three or less. Much more consistent from top to bottom than the girls are

Comment

Not a few hours after saying "BG shouldn't be troubled", they legit almost lost to Dover last night. Bedford had a scare put into them by Winnacunnet. Monday, Merrimack hung in with Exeter well into the second half. Could we see one of these top five drop a point or three to someone from the outside? I bet we do...

Comment

Exeter girls pound Timberlane 5-0

team to beat 16-0 on the horizon

Comment

Not a few hours after saying "BG shouldn't be troubled", they legit almost lost to Dover last night. Bedford had a scare put into them by Winnacunnet. Monday, Merrimack hung in with Exeter well into the second half. Could we see one of these top five drop a point or three to someone from the outside? I bet we do...
                          It will be interesting how top 4 land. Any team can win on any given day!

Comment

That Exeter win was a big statement. They won't be seriously challenged to close out the season and likely will finish 16-0. Timberlane is the new head-scratcher. They had a big win against BG earlier in the year, but currently book-ended by two blowouts (5-1 to Portsmouth and the recent 5-0 to Exeter) tells me their defensive concerns are valid. They are flipped this week. The only top matchup remaining is the 2021 Finals rematch when Bedford hosts BG to end the season. Just outside this Top Five is Merrimack, quietly putting together a very good year and has that good tie against BG to lean on. They lost handily to Portsmouth three weeks ago, but otherwise have proven their mettle even in their close loss to Exeter. Interesting to see if they can snatch a W from Bedford on Tuesday and throw this all out of whack.

Girls
                            1. Exeter.
                            2. Bedford.
                            3. Portsmouth
                            4. BG
                            5. Timberland

Boys are much harder to read. I haven't caught a game in several days so am relying on reports, but it looks like any of top 6-7 teams have a legit shot. So, I have the below with only slight confidence my guesses are in line. Corrections always welcome.

Boys
                            1. Nashua North. Cruising for a while now
                            2. Nashua South. Some questionable losses, some good wins.
                            3. Manchester Central. Seem prone to a bad game once a month, can they avoid that going forward?
                            4. Exeter. Like Central, can go for a month+ looking good and then they slide back.
                            5. Windham. Just a hunch over Memorial

Just on the outside is Pinkerton, and just a hunch. Been much better since their 0-3 start and still have a few more ties than wins for my liking. However had some good wins in there and while you want a win vs. a tie, their experience in close games could help them later on.

Comment

Boys
                              1. Nashua North. Cruising for a while now
                              2. Nashua South. Some questionable losses, some good wins.
                              3. Manchester Central. Seem prone to a bad game once a month, can they avoid that going forward?
                              4. Exeter. Like Central, can go for a month+ looking good and then they slide back.
                              5. Windham. Just a hunch over Memorial

Just on the outside is Pinkerton, and just a hunch. Been much better since their 0-3 start and still have a few more ties than wins for my liking. However had some good wins in there and while you want a win vs. a tie, their experience in close games could help them later on.
                              Pinkerton? They’ve beaten one good team in Central. In fact, their 4 other wins are against teams that are collectively 10-37. I’d put Hanover, Bedford, Concord, Londonderry and Winnacunnet all ahead of Pinkerton. Both Hanover and Bedford have multiple big wins with Hanover beating Memorial and Exeter and Bedford beating Central and Exeter. Bedford has also had the hardest schedule in my opinion. Their first 8 games were brutal. With that said, both Hanover and Bedford have a 5 goal loss so both appear to have the ability to completely implode! I’ll leave you with a hunch, I don’t think Nashua North makes it to the final four.

Comment

Pinkerton? They’ve beaten one good team in Central. In fact, their 4 other wins are against teams that are collectively 10-37. I’d put Hanover, Bedford, Concord, Londonderry and Winnacunnet all ahead of Pinkerton. Both Hanover and Bedford have multiple big wins with Hanover beating Memorial and Exeter and Bedford beating Central and Exeter. Bedford has also had the hardest schedule in my opinion. Their first 8 games were brutal. With that said, both Hanover and Bedford have a 5 goal loss so both appear to have the ability to completely implode! I’ll leave you with a hunch, I don’t think Nashua North makes it to the final four.
                                Love it!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X