Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    I’m dying can I get a hint of the town? This is crazy. Been a decade since I was involved in a town league like this and while bad, this sounds beyond that.
    It’s Southern NH, big town. Lots of board vacancies.

Comment

Salem? Windham?

Comment

X syllables? Sounds like?

Comment

Going to say Salem. Their reputation is awful and police have been called to some of their games

Comment

Going to say Salem. Their reputation is awful and police have been called to some of their games
            It must be Salem. They have good players but they lose them because the parents are so verbally abusive and the coaches and board don’t seem to care. It’s too bad because they could have a great soccer program.

Comment

It must be Salem. They have good players but they lose them because the parents are so verbally abusive and the coaches and board don’t seem to care. It’s too bad because they could have a great soccer program.
              It’s not Salem, although we’ve played against them and I agree. However this isn’t an issue with the parents as much as the board, and in particular the president.

I didn’t want to call out the town specifically because I do feel sorry for the kids whose dads are ruining it. But I’ll just say whoever said Salem, Windham,….just go one more exit up 93. Big town. Been discussed here previously. Been advertising their tryouts on social a lot including the fee they’re charging, which is how I learned about it. Again I’m not the OP and I used to coach a rec team. I don’t want to speak for the OP that this is definitely the town he or she was talking about but I strongly suspect it is.

Comment

It’s not Salem, although we’ve played against them and I agree. However this isn’t an issue with the parents as much as the board, and in particular the president.

I didn’t want to call out the town specifically because I do feel sorry for the kids whose dads are ruining it. But I’ll just say whoever said Salem, Windham,….just go one more exit up 93. Big town. Been discussed here previously. Been advertising their tryouts on social a lot including the fee they’re charging, which is how I learned about it. Again I’m not the OP and I used to coach a rec team. I don’t want to speak for the OP that this is definitely the town he or she was talking about but I strongly suspect it is.
                SC and DC

Comment

SC and DC
                  Yes but this is actually about the piece of work they handed the club over to who is somehow doing a worse job. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the one defending him is SC or his sidekick.

Comment

Lost another board member. This will continue until someone grows a pair and shoes the “president” the door.

Comment

you mean on top of the registration fee, they are charging a try out fee? If i were the town program, I'd build it in the registration fee so no complains. my town program runs tryouts to place boys/girls in their respective teams, and you need to be registered/paid to attend the tryout. It assumes your child is playing no matter the outcome. I guess you can always drop out and may get charged a penalty fee or something.

Comment

you mean on top of the registration fee, they are charging a try out fee? If i were the town program, I'd build it in the registration fee so no complains. my town program runs tryouts to place boys/girls in their respective teams, and you need to be registered/paid to attend the tryout. It assumes your child is playing no matter the outcome. I guess you can always drop out and may get charged a penalty fee or something.
                        Yes. This town charges to try out, and not all kids who pay receive an offer. There is no t shirt or even professional coaches running the tryout. Just the same ignorant dads who coach.

Comment

Yes. This town charges to try out, and not all kids who pay receive an offer. There is no t shirt or even professional coaches running the tryout. Just the same ignorant dads who coach.
                          Which town?

Comment

bummer....why not have as many teams as there are kids for them. That should be the beauty of town soccer, everyone plays. Let the HS varsity sports be the disappointing one of not making a team. Not enough soccer fields or coaches in your town?. But if the organization is not well run, yes, I can see it becoming a nightmare to have too many teams.

Comment

bummer....why not have as many teams as there are kids for them. That should be the beauty of town soccer, everyone plays. Let the HS varsity sports be the disappointing one of not making a team. Not enough soccer fields or coaches in your town?. But if the organization is not well run, yes, I can see it becoming a nightmare to have too many teams.
                              Mostly because the dads in charge want the best team possible. Then they enter them in a low division, kill everyone week in and week out, and boast about it. It’s a terrible situation.

Comment

Yes but this is actually about the piece of work they handed the club over to who is somehow doing a worse job. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the one defending him is SC or his sidekick.
                                Hang on. Are we talking about Derry? Let’s get this out and make sure this is accurate. Are you implying that the present president is worse than DC? A response is appreciated especially if I am incorrect about the town in question.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X