Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best club in NH

Will be moving to NH. I am looking for a high caliber club for my two teenage daughters. Any suggestions and/or recommendations?

Go to youthsoccerrankings.us and check rankings for NH for your girls ages and the surrounding ages. That will give a sense for how team/clubs are stacking up, which is a reflection of both roster and coaching they are getting. Then check how they compare with MA clubs. If you're girls are high caliber they should play there, if just ok then stay in NH.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      Will be moving to NH. I am looking for a high caliber club for my two teenage daughters. Any suggestions and/or recommendations?
      There are none.
      Go to MA.

Comment

Seacoast is pretty much the only club in NH-multiple branches.

Comment

Ignore any national rankings sites. All opinion based since there is little head to head competition between leagues.

Without knowing anything about your kids it’s hard to say. Seacoast is the biggest and best in NH. But a big fish in a small pond. Depending where you live some MA teams may be better.

Seacoast training is top notch. Exposure is spotty. Can be competitive (some ages recently beat “much better” MA teams in better leagues), but also struggle nationally. Rosters are thin so results vary. In their environment they are mid-level.

Comment

- I cannot speak for the girls side, but the seacoast bots side I can. Looking at the commits so far this for the u19 MLS/NEXT (academy):

D1: U Washington, U New Hampshire, Columbia, Boston college, Yale,
            D2: (2) Southern New Hapshire
            D3: Connecticut college, Hobart, Wheaton
            NAIA: (1) player

None of theses players came from GPS or the GPS demise/seacoast takeover. Disclaimer, one of my kids is in that list.

I think the facts speak for themselves. Whether you think seacoast is a big fish in a small pond, or not worth of your attention and should go south, the #1 ranked team in D1 and D3 would think differently. Of course you will get posters here claiming some these kids won’t play at their respective colleges etc etc. that may or may not be true and certainly we will see with these u19’s.

Bottom line imo , if you want to play at the highest level in youth soccer in the country as well as in college, seacoast (or bolts) are your best choices in southern NH/ME. The quality and coaching visibility of the MLS/next is extremely high (playing regularly against Revs, Bolts, oakwood, beachside, empire, nycfc, west Chester, cedar stars and met oval) as well as the visibility at MLS showcases (there were 15-20 college coaches at ever game) is a sure way to get noticed if you are good enough to play in college.

If your kid is npl level - the whole above equation changes of course.

Comment

I would recommend Seacoast. I pulled my own daughters from FC Stars because it has "daddy coaches." I believe at the club level and paying that much money.... nobody should be coaching their own kids. If you love coaching so much, you coach a team your kid does not play on. Preferential treatment was clearly evident. Seacoast has great professional coaches, nice facilities, and excellent training. Highly recommend.

Comment

- I cannot speak for the girls side, but the seacoast bots side I can. Looking at the commits so far this for the u19 MLS/NEXT (academy):

D1: U Washington, U New Hampshire, Columbia, Boston college, Yale,
                D2: (2) Southern New Hapshire
                D3: Connecticut college, Hobart, Wheaton
                NAIA: (1) player

None of theses players came from GPS or the GPS demise/seacoast takeover. Disclaimer, one of my kids is in that list.

I think the facts speak for themselves. Whether you think seacoast is a big fish in a small pond, or not worth of your attention and should go south, the #1 ranked team in D1 and D3 would think differently. Of course you will get posters here claiming some these kids won’t play at their respective colleges etc etc. that may or may not be true and certainly we will see with these u19’s.

Bottom line imo , if you want to play at the highest level in youth soccer in the country as well as in college, seacoast (or bolts) are your best choices in southern NH/ME. The quality and coaching visibility of the MLS/next is extremely high (playing regularly against Revs, Bolts, oakwood, beachside, empire, nycfc, west Chester, cedar stars and met oval) as well as the visibility at MLS showcases (there were 15-20 college coaches at ever game) is a sure way to get noticed if you are good enough to play in college.

If your kid is npl level - the whole above equation changes of course.
                You were so quick to pat yourself on the back and go on and one it went completely over your head. Poster asked about the girls side. You blabbered about the boys. Big difference

Comment

You were so quick to pat yourself on the back and go on and one it went completely over your head. Poster asked about the girls side. You blabbered about the boys. Big difference
                  I believe I mentioned that in the beginning? “Pat myself on the back? “ What an ass you are!

Comment

I would recommend Seacoast. I pulled my own daughters from FC Stars because it has "daddy coaches." I believe at the club level and paying that much money.... nobody should be coaching their own kids. If you love coaching so much, you coach a team your kid does not play on. Preferential treatment was clearly evident. Seacoast has great professional coaches, nice facilities, and excellent training. Highly recommend.
                    Seacoast is a good option for ‘high caliber’ in NH but if you want higher caliber you would need to drive to Lancaster MA for FC Stars top program. No daddy coaches there. Depending on where in NH you live, drive could be better to Lancaster than Epping.

Comment

I believe I mentioned that in the beginning? “Pat myself on the back? “ What an ass you are!
                      Yep. You mentioned it. Then went right on after it.

Comment

Seacoast is a good option for ‘high caliber’ in NH but if you want higher caliber you would need to drive to Lancaster MA for FC Stars top program. No daddy coaches there. Depending on where in NH you live, drive could be better to Lancaster than Epping.
                        Definitely some things about the coaching at Seacoast I prefer. Some other aspects of Stars in Lancaster I prefer. Need to know more from the OP before pushing further

Comment

Seacoast is pretty much the only club in NH-multiple branches.
                          Bear in mind that Seacoast has been moving their GA slots to their MA teams.

Comment

FC Stars ECNL and ECRL teams do not have daddy coaches. Regional "elite" teams may or may not. But why would you drive to MA for that?

Their top team coaches all know soccer. A couple are abusive. Read the MA forum to figure that out.

Comment

FC Stars ECNL and ECRL teams do not have daddy coaches. Regional "elite" teams may or may not. But why would you drive to MA for that?

Their top team coaches all know soccer. A couple are abusive. Read the MA forum to figure that out.
                              My kid is playing for one of the coaches labeled as abusive. I see nor hear none of it. To be fair, I’ve been told this one has mellowed so possibly it was valid before.

Maybe Seacoast Boys’ mommy has an opinion on Stars’ Girls’ coaches too??

Ultimately the best club environment depends on many factors the poster’s family needs to consider. Strictly from a club within NH borders Seacoast is really the only game left. But that doesn’t mean that’s the right fit for them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X