Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    I think you are doing a disservice to the playing community by only looking at the GoPTY as quality players. There are other players "making it" for college D1 schools, especially in the last 10 years.

Reality is, it is New Hampshire so I don't think anyone has any expectations to compete with SoCal, or even Massachusetts. But, there are some, many, several, depends on how you call it, that are doing it every year.
    Correct - NH is NH - we are not a hotbed of soccer talent and depth. To cherry pick the GPOY over 25 years and say "see there is talent" is not accurate. The top 25 girls each year in NJ or MA are better than our 25. Heck, our girls have a hard time beating Vermont on a consistent basis in the Lions Cup games year in and year out. Appreciate the kids we have playing. Boasting about the last 25 girls POY being DI is like saying you are the tallest person at the little peoples convention.

95% of our soccer talent plays DIII ball and do it well. We have about another 3% who play DII and 2% who play DI. It is what it is. We don't challenge and compete at the highest levels for soccer. And don't even get me started on the club tiered system and the NPL and ECNL and having teams compete at "national tournaments". Only American club soccer has multiple "national champions" at the same age groups. Talk about participation trophies...

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Correct - NH is NH - we are not a hotbed of soccer talent and depth. To cherry pick the GPOY over 25 years and say "see there is talent" is not accurate. ..
      I think you missed the point of my post. I'm saying there are quality players who didn't win the GPOY. Just one example, girl from Londonderry never won, and playing for Wake Forest and started 19/19 games for an ACC team as a sophomore. Nothing wrong with that. 3-year starters at Providence; Indiana; Elon, Quinnipiac; They are out there from a decent pool who weren't mentioned in the GPOY post.

Are there less? Of course. NH isn't exactly a large population. Add in the limited quality club programs, it's never going to excel. But there are quality contributors and we should be championing these players vs. tearing them down. If a decent-to-quality D1 program things highly of them, I'll defer to their opinion more often then someone on TS. Heck, even if it's a lower tiered school and they are getting $$ to play and the academics fits, where do I sign up?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X