Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another NH DI player leave school?

Did the girls Gatorade POY leave Murray State? She’s no longer listed on the teams roster.

Why do you care if she did?

Comment

Not the OP but it is interesting how some of the best players each year in NH may struggle in the big pond

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        Not the OP but it is interesting how some of the best players each year in NH may struggle in the big pond
        I grew up playing HS in NC and college in CT. I have said it for the last 26 years I have been in NH with my kids playing soccer in HS and college: the best players in NH are still going to struggle with the game outside of New England and beyond. The speed, skill, and soccer IQ of kids from FL, NJ, Long Island, CA and VA is still light years ahead of NH club soccer systems, let alone HS soccer.

Comment

There are graduates every year who compete at high levels. A few make it ACC but that’s about it for P5 schools. Take it down a notch into Patriots League (and similar) and there are a handful + who make it every year.

Comment

I grew up playing HS in NC and college in CT. I have said it for the last 26 years I have been in NH with my kids playing soccer in HS and college: the best players in NH are still going to struggle with the game outside of New England and beyond. The speed, skill, and soccer IQ of kids from FL, NJ, Long Island, CA and VA is still light years ahead of NH club soccer systems, let alone HS soccer.
            Out of curiosity, why do you think that?

Comment

Out of curiosity, why do you think that?
              I work big club and exposure weekends all up and down the east coast as well as referee NCAA men's and women's games. There are a few MA clubs and CT clubs that stand out. NJ for example, has Players Development Academy - i have not seen a player in NH who could play for their girls or boys 04s let alone be able to stay with their u16. Its a different world. NH has too many local mom & dad club teams that delay and muddle the development and skills.

Comment

Stupid new site…try again
                (sorry if this shows up 2x)

PDA is an outlier

I’ve attended and worked ID camps along the Northeast and the NH girls fit in fine. These camps have all the ECNL and GA clubs represented. The issue is it’s thin. NH clubs have a few players who fit in; the larger clubs from other states have a full roster who do.

The population and lack of true top quality training holds it back.

Comment

Does anyone know where she is going or if shes transferring? Imagine if UNH or SNHU could land her!

Comment

[QUOTE=Guest;n4241117]

I grew up playing HS in NC and college in CT. I have said it for the last 26 years I have been in NH with my kids playing soccer in HS and college: the best players in NH are still going to struggle with the game outside of New England and beyond. The speed, skill, and soccer IQ of kids from FL, NJ, Long Island, CA and VA is still light years ahead of NH club soccer systems, let alone HS soccer. [/QUOT

many of the best players from NH are playing club in MA where they are playing against players from those states. A lot has changed in 26 years. NH has some excellent players who play ECNL or MLS Next on top teams. The problem is in NH high school often the players who do well come from a team with many good players. It is much easier to succeed in NH soccer with a bunch of good players than being a good player on a team without other good players. It is a team sport. Then those players go on to college and sometimes have a hard time because everyone else is so much better. NH players playing on top club teams are already experiencing playing against those great players with their clubs.

Comment

NHIAA rules are killing opportunities for good players. Their draconian, outdated approach means a player who plays HS is falling behind in all facets of the game. Add in how it prevents an aspiring player looking to reach the next level, and I know understand why leagues like DA have the rules they do.

Comment

NHIAA rules are killing opportunities for good players. Their draconian, outdated approach means a player who plays HS is falling behind in all facets of the game. Add in how it prevents an aspiring player looking to reach the next level, and I know understand why leagues like DA have the rules they do.
                        Doesn't MA have the same rules for HS sports as NH?

Comment

I’m sure most states due (I don’t know for sure) and if so, they all suck.

Here HS rules are actually designed to inhibit a player from advancing, not encouraging it.

Comment

I’m sure most states due (I don’t know for sure) and if so, they all suck.

Here HS rules are actually designed to inhibit a player from advancing, not encouraging it.
                            Ok - explain.... Just curious that you are so in tune with these rules that "hinder" development for HS players. Did these rules hurt Rachel Hill? Did these rules prevent Morgan Andrews form being good? I am curious how rules from the NHIAA that only impact a player for 12 weeks hold NH players back when the same basic rules apply in MA, CT, NY, NJ... etc...

I think I hear a disgruntled club coach who wants more $ in the fall from players and parents.

BTW - grammar matters... it would be "... most states do." Not due... :)

Comment

Can you cite one rule that supports your claim?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X