Girls and Boys HS Predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next iteration will likely have just that. Had to give the nod originally but BG didn’t have much trouble with them. Score should’ve been much more than 2-0

Some big games on tap over the next wek

Comment

Some interesting results and great games. The Exeter/Bedford girls game was a fantastic. Some others got exposed a little bit IMO

Girls D1
      BG
      Exeter
      Bedford
      Concord
      Timberlane

I’m not totally convinced on the last two but for now their records can’t be denied

Boys D1
      South
      Londonderry
      Central
      Memorial
      Windham

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        Love some feedback from the other Divisions instead if just D1
        I'll try DII for fun and discussions sake. No malice intended and my opinion is worth nothing. I think the boys division is shaping up to be a 2 team race like the girls has been. A week from now there should be more clarity at the top of the standings on both sides.

Girls:
        Bow
        Pembroke
        Oyster River
        Milford
        Merrimack Valley

Not too creative on my part, as those are the current standings. I believe 3 thru 5 could be in any order though. There are obviously several teams outside of the top 5 that can compete with teams 3-5. DII girls has a strong middle 3rd of the table.

Boys:
        Lebanon
        Milford
        Hollis Brookline
        Oyster River
        Bow

Not much to say here. The boys division does not seem much deeper than the top 5.

Comment

I'll try DII for fun and discussions sake. No malice intended and my opinion is worth nothing. I think the boys division is shaping up to be a 2 team race like the girls has been. A week from now there should be more clarity at the top of the standings on both sides.

Girls:
          Bow
          Pembroke
          Oyster River
          Milford
          Merrimack Valley

Not too creative on my part, as those are the current standings. I believe 3 thru 5 could be in any order though. There are obviously several teams outside of the top 5 that can compete with teams 3-5. DII girls has a strong middle 3rd of the table.

Boys:
          Lebanon
          Milford
          Hollis Brookline
          Oyster River
          Bow

Not much to say here. The boys division does not seem much deeper than the top 5.
          Re-read my post and saw I accidentally left out a line mentioning Coe-Brown and Merrimack Valley as two teams on the boys side that can compete with teams 3-5.

Comment

Great stuff!

And yes it means nothing and no offense is intended

Comment

Girls D1
              BG
              Exeter
              Bedford
              Timberlane
              Pinkerton

Boys D1
              Nashua South
              Central
              Windham
              Londonderry
              Memorial

Comment

Have you see any of the boys play??

Comment

Have you see any of the boys play??
                  Yes. Of course I don’t see every game. I also rely on opinions of others and then make shlt up…

Comment

Love some feedback from the other Divisions instead if just D1
                    DII girls Bow and Pembroke are on a collision course for the finals with Merrimack Valley as the next best team. Milford has a cupcake schedule and will struggle with top teams.

DII boys Oyster River and Lebanon are the two best teams (IMO) and Bow is right there with them. Hollis Brookline is the sleeper and could upset one of those others in the tournament.

DIII girls Hopkinton & Gilford are a full step ahead of the rest of the division. They will be the finalists. Nobody else is even close.

DIII boys Gilford will be in the finals - but there are legitimately 5 different teams that could face them. The next 5 teams are all pretty good and then the drop off is huge.

I have not seen any DIV teams this season -

Comment

Girls D1
                      BG
                      Exeter
                      Bedford
                      Timberlane
                      Pinkerton
                      Curious as to why Portsmouth wouldn’t be above Pinkerton & Timberlake? Portsmouth beat Pinkerton and Pinkerton beat Timberlane.

Comment

Portsmouth was exposed against BG. Could’ve been much worse than 2-0. They play a lot of poor teams way too close. I want to see them against Exeter and Bedford. I’m not convinced of their record.

Comment

And just like that, Portsmouth tells me to stick it with an impressive result against a dangerous Exeter team.

Girls
                          1-BG
                          2-Timberlane (another one I’ve been skeptical but putting up 6 on on Alvirne perked me up)
                          3-Bedford (injuries causing concern here. They play all the iron to close out the season)
                          4-Portsmouth
                          5​​​​(tie​​)-Pinkerton/Exeter (yeah I chickened out; I truly think Exeter is better but Pinkerton beat them so….)

Boys
                          1-South (Just keep grinding results)
                          2-Central (Personally I think they play the best ball but they did lose to South, so…)
                          3-Memorial (is the bad stretch behind them?)
                          4-Hanover (only NH game they dropped points was to South-see Central above)
                          5-Windham (not convinced here truthfully)

Comment

Tell me the style Hanover and Central play?

Comment

Not the OP but same as South. Sometimes someone is better in particular half or game but all three actually try to play the game right. Hold the ball, combine, ball movement. None of those three are just kicking the ball to kick it IMO. They have a style and purpose..as much as you can anyway with 20 hs soccer kids

Comment

Not the OP but same as South. Sometimes someone is better in particular half or game but all three actually try to play the game right. Hold the ball, combine, ball movement. None of those three are just kicking the ball to kick it IMO. They have a style and purpose..as much as you can anyway with 20 hs soccer kids
                                Generally agreed. Pretty good soccer played by all 3.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X