Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u10 soccer

soon to be required equipment for all little darlings.

http://www.klusc.org.au/teams/junior...ccer_small.JPG

ZZ Top had kids?

Comment

Re: u10 soccer

Originally posted by ront
      soon to be required equipment for all little darlings.

http://www.klusc.org.au/teams/junior...ccer_small.JPG
      OMG. Where was that taken - I think that is my wife's cousin! ISYN.....

Comment

9-yr old recruited by Man U

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20091669/

Man U recruits 9-year-old, after seeing DVD
        Davis described as the next Rooney; 4-minute highlight clip on YouTube
        Slide show: Updated: 1 hour, 10 minutes ago

MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United has recruited a 9-year-old soccer prodigy based on video footage featuring his skills.

The club brought in Rhain Davis after his grandfather sent a DVD to United youth staff showing the boy playing for an under-10 team in Brisbane, Australia.

"Manchester United is proud of its history of developing talented young players, and invests considerable time and resources into trying to find the best young players of the future," the club said in a statement.

In Davis' case, however, United need only have invested four minutes. That is the length of a YouTube clip featuring Davis's dribbling, stepover and goal-scoring skills - viewed more than 800,000 times on the site - that has led fans to describe him as the next Wayne Rooney.

The club has downplayed such hype, pointing out that it recruits about 40 players of Davis' age every year, and that Davis' status with the club will be subject to the same annual review as any other youth player.

Davis has moved to England and is training with a United youth squad.

"Being here has been brilliant," The Sun newspaper quoted Davis as saying. "The best part has been meeting a lot of the players, like Wayne Rooney."

Davis was born in England and has a British passport. His grandfather lives in England.

Comment

Re: 9-yr old recruited by Man U

Originally posted by Red99
          http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20091669/

MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United has recruited a 9-year-old soccer prodigy based on video footage featuring his skills.

The club brought in Rhain Davis after his grandfather sent a DVD to United youth staff showing the boy playing for an under-10 team in Brisbane, Australia.

"Manchester United is proud of its history of developing talented young players, and invests considerable time and resources into trying to find the best young players of the future," the club said in a statement.
          Oh. My. God. I thought this was a brilliant joke, Red99, but it's true!

Comment

That kid is 10 if she is a day!

Comment

Re: 9-yr old recruited by Man U

Originally posted by Red99
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ_RS4Q1myc

Comment

Maybe we could post this story in a few more threads?

Comment

Ater watching this video, I have to admit this player is pretty remarkable for such a young age. I couldn't however, get over the fact that the rest of the team was just standing on the field. This kid has tons of talent, but I am sure that the rest of the 9 year old team didn't see it the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by MASoccer
                    Ater watching this video, I have to admit this player is pretty remarkable for such a young age. I couldn't however, get over the fact that the rest of the team was just standing on the field. This kid has tons of talent, but I am sure that the rest of the 9 year old team didn't see it the same way.
                    seemed to hold onto the ball a little too long but at least passed off after a while. Good raw talent and field vision. Will need to give up the ball faster in a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cujo
                      Originally posted by MASoccer
                      seemed to hold onto the ball a little too long but at least passed off after a while. Good raw talent and field vision. Will need to give up the ball faster in a couple of years.
                      It will be interesting to see if this kid does become the next Wayne Rooney. Certainly looks to be on the right track. As my younger son said, "Dad, his moves are sick!"http://www.pic4ever.com/5020.gif

Comment

That is definitely a stolen video from my house of my son. And MA ODP cut him!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JustForFun
                          That is definitely a stolen video from my house of my son. And MA ODP cut him!!!
                          OMG! I know him!http://www.pic4ever.com/images/289.gif

Comment

I've seen hundreds of little U10/U11/U12 phenoms that tore up BAYS and never materialized to anything beyond that.

Comment

That kid is fabulous.

Does anyone have the link to the Brazilian kid of a similar age that was going around a few years ago?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X