X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Marks
    That kid is fabulous.

Does anyone have the link to the Brazilian kid of a similar age that was going around a few years ago?
    I think this is him:

http://www.jean-carlos-chera.com/jea...-biography.php

Comment

That kid is fabulous.

Does anyone have the link to the Brazilian kid of a similar age that was going around a few years ago?
      Here's the youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_58sgCSQh4

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHefQLbF_T8

Comment

That kid is fabulous.

Brazilian club to train 9-year-old soccer prodigy
        Last Updated: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 | 8:52 PM ET
        CBC Sports

Brazilian soccer team Santos has edged out English powerhouse Manchester United for the right to train nine-year-old budding star Jean Carlos Chera. Chera's standout play as a midfielder in his native Brazil caused some of the finest soccer teams in the world to bid on the opportunity to train him.

Santos, the Brazilian champion, is moving the nine-year-old Chera and his family to Santos – a coastal city of about 400 kilometres southwest of Rio. The team is paying the youth and his family an undisclosed amount of money.

"Our soccer people say he's something special, that he has exceptional skills for his age," Santos spokesman Aldo Neto told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Chera is too young to sign a professional contract under Brazilian law. Santos must renew its agreement with Chera's family until the young soccer player turns 16, according to Aldo Neto.

"Nothing prevents him from leaving. He has no professional sports link to the club," Aldo Neto said.

Chera isn't the first young soccer talent Santos has helped discover. Pele debuted with the Brazilian team at age 17.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2005/...tos050315.html

Comment

How about a Pay per View?

1v1 The Brazilian vs. the Australian? I like the Brazilian. Wow!

Comment

Did anyone else notice in a few of the clips from the first (British kid) video a couple times where teammates were raising their hands for a pass but he was just dribbling away doing his thing? One kid just dropped his arms to his side in frustration. Granted he did pick his head up a few times and make some real nice passes but there were other times that he didn't when he did have open players.

Okay, not to put down this kid, he is really amazing and can do some pretty fancy stuff, but don't other kids catch up and those moves don't work so well later on when defenders figure it out and/or teammates move into the run more and get open? This is a serious question for the coaches on the forum. Am I the only one who thinks 9 years old is a little too young for professional recruiting?!

My kid would say what a ball hog, but that's why he won't ever be picked for regional or national teams. I'm told all they look for is players who can beat other players 1-on-1.

Comment

I'm going to be a curmudgeon by saying I'm not terribly impressed with the kid going to ManU. It wasn't like the competition he was up against was anything to write home about and I've seen even girls this age capable of doing the same. The fact that he was a ball hog, doesn't bother me though.

Here's a clip of the Brazilian kid. IMO he's more impressive:

While this clip doesn't show him in a team situation at all, here's a 9 year old from Hawaii who I'd love to see play. Got to the end of the clip because what he does is more than just juggling:

A 9 year old from Hawaii: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrcFmw4I_NI
              Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

Comment

From an AP story in today's New York Times:

[Manchester United] pointed out that it recruited about 40 players of [Rhain] Davis's age every year.

Comment

Originally posted by FSM
                  I'm going to be a curmudgeon by saying I'm not terribly impressed with the kid going to ManU. It wasn't like the competition he was up against was anything to write home about and I've seen even girls this age capable of doing the same. The fact that he was a ball hog, doesn't bother me though.

Here's a clip of the Brazilian kid. IMO he's more impressive:

While this clip doesn't show him in a team situation at all, here's a 9 year old from Hawaii who I'd love to see play. Got to the end of the clip because what he does is more than just juggling:

A 9 year old from Hawaii: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrcFmw4I_NI
                  funny I thought all Brazalian kids played on streets or in alleys with a beaten up ball and burned out cars for goals. I must have been mistaken because that looked like a full sided 11 v 11 game with coaches, uniforms and refs??? at 9 years old, do they know what they are doing to those kids' development??

Comment

The Brazilian kid was playing up.

Comment

Agree he is awesome. Just wonder how much fun it is to be on his team or play against him (note the him and not his team)

Comment

Originally posted by Just A Dad
                        Agree he is awesome. Just wonder how much fun it is to be on his team or play against him (note the him and not his team)
                        hijack hijack.
                        how does a thread starting w/a pix of a little darling under dad's brelly get SO far afield?

ront

Comment

Originally posted by ront
                          hijack hijack.
                          how does a thread starting w/a pix of a little darling under dad's brelly get SO far afield?

ront
                          How could it be hijacked? The topic was U10 SOCCER not LITTLE DARLING UNDER DAD'S BRELLY.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Adu
                            From an AP story in today's New York Times:

[Manchester United] pointed out that it recruited about 40 players of [Rhain] Davis's age every year.
                            Any statistics on the number of kids this age who actually go the distance?

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                              Originally posted by ront
                              hijack hijack.

ront
                              How could it be hijacked? The topic was U10 SOCCER not LITTLE DARLING UNDER DAD'S BRELLY.
                              hijacked cuz little kid under brelly was was the first post.

Comment

where was that supposed to go?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X