Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

I understand it is not supposed to happen but if you honestly think it does not happen than you are oblivious or complicit. I know of many instances where this has taken place and this is not an isolated thing specific to one club, it happens more than you think.
    Well if their MLS Next players can't muster a win against Seacoast Maine, then maybe they should just stick to EDP. Unless they relish the prospect of a season of humiliating pummelings at the hands of MLS Next competition, that is.

Comment

How come I don't see IFA (or Bayside) on the MLS Next schedule?

Comment

IFA has MLS Next U13 and U14 teams only. Just like Valeo, Bayside, NEFC.

Comment

IFA has MLS Next U13 and U14 teams only. Just like Valeo, Bayside, NEFC.
          None of those teams is showing up on the MLS Next U13 or U14 schedules.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/mlsnext/sc...-next-schedule

If they're all playing, great, but where can I see who they're playing and how they're doing?

Comment

At that website select ‘U13’ as ‘age group’ and ‘NEFC’ as ‘Academy’ and all their future matches show up. Look at the opponents to see IFA, Valeo, Bayside, Etc. If you want to see match results, use ‘Date’.

Comment

None of those teams is showing up on the MLS Next U13 or U14 schedules.

If they're all playing, great, but where can I see who they're playing and how they're doing?
              When you select Academy, just type the name of the club in the box and it will show you. Not sure why the drop down you have on your link is only showing older age group clubs...

Comment

When you select Academy, just type the name of the club in the box and it will show you. Not sure why the drop down you have on your link is only showing older age group clubs...
                Very helpful, thanks.

Comment

Well if their MLS Next players can't muster a win against Seacoast Maine, then maybe they should just stick to EDP. Unless they relish the prospect of a season of humiliating pummelings at the hands of MLS Next competition, that is.
                  After seeing that NEFC put up 8 on them and kept a clean sheet, I'm starting to thing HFC stands for "Holy F-ing Crap"

Comment

Whoa, Nellie, I only just noticed their score from last week. 14-1 at the hands of a Seacoast team. I think Juventus HFC might want to consider a name change to Juventus SMH, amitire?

Comment

Why do certain clubs only have MLS Next at u13 and u14? Is that they clubs choice or is it MLS Next?

Comment

MLS limits them to those years. They are feeder systems for the real clubs.

Comment

MLS limits them to those years. They are feeder systems for the real clubs.
                          So you're saying that they want the those teams to be broken up by u15 so those player can go to other MLS Next clubs?

Comment

So you're saying that they want the those teams to be broken up by u15 so those player can go to other MLS Next clubs?
                            That is 100% what MLS Next wants. The goal is to consolidate talent to the established clubs with the best training by high school.

Comment

Yes, it's bad for everyone when the top 30 players in the region for each age group are spread out amongst 8 clubs, with only 2-5 of them on each team. Cutting out the bottom 10-15 on those U13/U14 teams leaves a much stronger pool of players who can challenge each other and progress much faster, even with a lack of good coaching in our area. It's also easier for the MLS clubs to determine which players are real quality if they can judge them against other high level players, instead of making the mistake of taking the big fish in the small pond (as they often do with their youngest teams).

Comment

So is the assumption that NEFC doesn't have strong enough training at the HS level so those players need to go to other clubs? Not sure that I buy that...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X