It's HS Soccer. Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        The parents of the players, just like club

Comment

Every kid who plays high school soccer. Including all the club kids who play high school soccer. That’s who.

Comment

Please go post on www.soccersnob.com. Meanwhile the vast majority of players and families will be enjoying the fall season

Comment

Oh there's a lot of material there! I like it!
              Where did everyone go? This thread was so rich so often!

Comment

Where did everyone go? This thread was so rich so often!
                They're busy watching their supah stahs play HS JV.

Comment

They're busy watching their supah stahs play HS JV.
                  do ECNL and GA kids actually not make their varsity teams? that seems sorta unlikely considering how bad HS play tends to be

Comment

do ECNL and GA kids actually not make their varsity teams? that seems sorta unlikely considering how bad HS play tends to be
                    Can only speak for my kid’s ECNL team. As far as I know, every 9th grader from her team is playing varsity HS (including the private school kids) and some of the 8th graders are also playing varsity HS (in towns where it is allowed).

Comment

Some do, not all. Tougher to do if it's a big HS program with a lot of older club players. Also depends on the player - not all ECNL or GAL players are the same. A true impact player there should make varsity, or at least get moved up during the season once injuries start taking players out. A benchwarmer from either might struggle at a big program, do fine at a smaller/lower level one. Having a patch on your sleeve doesn't mean much

Comment

ECNL and ECNL -R will most definitely make their teams. Probably not GA kids…they don’t have the same pathway

Comment

Four freshmen made my daughter's varsity team last year. Three were ECNL and one was ECRL. Only 1 of them got substantial playing time last year, meaning that, yes, two ECNL players pretty much just sat on the bench all year. This year, no freshmen made varsity, although I assume that no kids in the first year class play at that level (or want to play high school). Every varsity starter this year plays at least ECRL, and there are even upper class (11th and 12th) ECRL players that mostly sit on the bench. Starting lineup is maybe 8 ECNL/GA and 3 ECRL. something like that. From the look of the opposition so far, my daughter's high school team has more ECNL/GA kids. I would assume most teams in the top 5 in the state look like this, but I am pretty new to the whole experience as my daughter is a sophomore. that's just my daughter's experience.

My daughter is having way more fun with her high school team than she's ever had playing club, for whatever that is worth. That's why I, as her dad, care about high school soccer.

Comment

ECNL and ECNL -R will most definitely make their teams. Probably not GA kids…they don’t have the same pathway
                            Not true. Our HS team is loaded with older kids that can play soccer and/or are very athletic. Almost no freshman can compete with 17s and 18s who were just them 2 or 3 years earlier.... we have plenty of "special" players on JV (and freshman team too)!

Comment

Not true. Our HS team is loaded with older kids that can play soccer and/or are very athletic. Almost no freshman can compete with 17s and 18s who were just them 2 or 3 years earlier.... we have plenty of "special" players on JV (and freshman team too)!
                              My daughter is in second grade and starts on her varsity team and plays up a year in the ecnl.

Comment

My daughter is in second grade and starts on her varsity team and plays up a year in the ecnl.
                                ….. they are 0-6 with a -35 GD but my daughter is super special for sure.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X