Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does EDP fit?

Considering a club who says they are in EDP next season. This sits where? Below ECRL? Above NECSL? Any shot at college from this league or too low? HS age girl.

(yes, we waited too long to start looking, I know. Just trying to figure out where this league falls)

I can't answer most of your questions, but I do know that my daughter has a couple of friends/ex-teammates who played on an EDP team within the last few years that are going to play in college (well, nobody ever knows how much one will play but they are committed to play in college). So, while not common, yes it is possible to be able to play EDP and play in college. Recommend doing a LOT of other work to supplement it (i.e. ID Camps)

Comment

Generally - look up how the team did this year, and what the league schedule is like, at this link:
      https://system.gotsport.com/org_even...398?tab=female

Also download the Soccer Rankings app and look up the team; tap on the team to look at its history in non-league games. Compare the EDP club to other clubs to get an idea of the level of play, and compare it to her current club.

The best 2007 EDP team in MA is Western United Pioneers at #15 in Soccer Rankings. 2008 is #17. Commonwealth FC is #21 at 2007 but #41 at 2008. ECRL teams are #10-25 at that age, so in the right situation someone could expect to learn to play competitive soccer at that level. (I don't know anything about the clubs.)

More definitively, most of it depends on the specific team - coach and players.

On the topic of college, take a look at the college commitments at Stars as an example, to get a sense for the level of play in the teams vs the commitments to play in college. Scroll down for the list by team. The EDP and Impact teams might be most similar:
      https://www.starsofma.org/alumni-commitments

Comment

I do not see anything on their website but I’ve heard that the 2007 Aztec north impact team is joining the EDP and one of their other teams is replacing them in the impact league. This isn’t huge news or anything but that’s a good get for competition in the edp.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          Considering a club who says they are in EDP next season. This sits where? Below ECRL? Above NECSL? Any shot at college from this league or too low? HS age girl.

(yes, we waited too long to start looking, I know. Just trying to figure out where this league falls)
          Once you get out of ECNL and GA the rest is more or less awash. And with EDP the key is to be in the top two levels. Below that it's definitely not good quality, but neither are most of the other leagues. So, questions: Is the coaching good at this club? Where did they play least year and how did they do? HAve they sent any kids to college and how are they doing in college? Have they gone to decent non ECNL and non GA events like Jefferson Cup?

Top bracket EDP teams send "some" kids to play in college, not a lot, and nearly all lower level Same with all the others. If your D wants to play in college she will have to market herself heavily on her own, attend ID events and target very carefully

Keep in mind that with all the turmoil this year where EDP sits a year or two from now can definitely change.

Comment

Once you get out of ECNL and GA the rest is more or less awash.
            This is ****e so ignore the rest of the post.

Comment

I do not see anything on their website but I’ve heard that the 2007 Aztec north impact team is joining the EDP and one of their other teams is replacing them in the impact league. This isn’t huge news or anything but that’s a good get for competition in the edp.
              Why would the 2007 Aztec North Impact team move to EDP? Isn’t that a step down from Impact? And then moving their second team into Impact? It sounds like their 2nd team is going to a higher league than their first team. That’s confusing.

Comment

Why would the 2007 Aztec North Impact team move to EDP? Isn’t that a step down from Impact? And then moving their second team into Impact? It sounds like their 2nd team is going to a higher league than their first team. That’s confusing.
                EDP, Impact blah blah blah - it's all the same thing basically with some local variations. A game of musical chairs every 1-2 years, waiting to see which league gets cut out of the fun

Comment

EDP, Impact blah blah blah - it's all the same thing basically with some local variations. A game of musical chairs every 1-2 years, waiting to see which league gets cut out of the fun
                  I understand that which is why I’m confused why a club would move their top team from impact to edp. Seems lateral at best. Why not put the 2nd team in edp?

Comment

Once you get out of ECNL and GA the rest is more or less awash. And with EDP the key is to be in the top two levels. Below that it's definitely not good quality, but neither are most of the other leagues. So, questions: Is the coaching good at this club? Where did they play least year and how did they do? HAve they sent any kids to college and how are they doing in college? Have they gone to decent non ECNL and non GA events like Jefferson Cup?

Top bracket EDP teams send "some" kids to play in college, not a lot, and nearly all lower level Same with all the others. If your D wants to play in college she will have to market herself heavily on her own, attend ID events and target very carefully

Keep in mind that with all the turmoil this year where EDP sits a year or two from now can definitely change.
                    Depends. Oakwood 07 GA team gets beat by CFC North EDP team every year.

Comment

You can play in any league and play in college.

Comment

You can play in any league and play in college.
                        Sometimes. With the right targeting and hard work.

Comment

Depends. Oakwood 07 GA team gets beat by CFC North EDP team every year.
                          Of course your local mileage will vary. That's why the poster was right when they said it's more or less a tie in terms of the alphabet soup leagues. Pick the best option you can in your area.

Comment

Anyone know when the USYS National League/EDP New England Conference Fall 2023 Schedules are coming out? Or maybe have a link to the preliminary schedules they can post? Pretty much all the other leagues have schedules out there.

Comment

Wondering the same thing. Not enough teams due to NAL?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X