Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAL teams

Dose anyone know how IFA organizes its MLS next, NAL, and EDS teams for 23/24 season, training site…?

From what I know they offered “full time” MLS next players; and “part time” MLS next players who will train once a week with “full time”, but play in EDS or NAL. NAL is almost equal to EDS in most of age groups.

Comment

Another scammy pyramid scheme to bring in players who think they’re going pro. Have fun spending extra money on gas and hotels

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        From what I know they offered “full time” MLS next players; and “part time” MLS next players who will train once a week with “full time”, but play in EDS or NAL. NAL is almost equal to EDS in most of age groups.
        My understanding is that their rosters for MLS Next and NAL are full. They will undoubtedly give opportunities to the top NAL kids to play on MLS and the top EDS kids to play on NAL--its how they usually operate. They may also be full in their EDS program which will likely play in the National League. They like to run pools of sorts that are really about the size of 1.5 rosters--maybe 24 kids at 11v11. Could see them doing that with EDS teams next year. On game day they'd split those 24-ish kids into two teams (some kids may play in both games if need be). I don't generally love pools but this isn't a bad way to carry more players without having too long a bench on game days. It's especially useful at U12 when clubs are trying to ramp up their rosters heading into 11v11. The alternative of carrying 16 or so on a 9v9 roster isn't great.

Comment

Pooling players doesn’t work. Pick a set roster and develop it! Different starting 11 and reserves every week doesn’t make any sense! It’s for greedy, player hoarding coaches who can’t develop players!

The kids don’t get a chance to come together and have chemistry!

-just my 2 cents!

Comment

Pooling players doesn’t work. Pick a set roster and develop it! Different starting 11 and reserves every week doesn’t make any sense! It’s for greedy, player hoarding coaches who can’t develop players!

-just my 2 cents!
            I was 100% in the "pools are for fools" camp until U12. Since it is the last year of 9v9 before moving to 11v11 at U13, clubs often start to expand rosters at U12 carrying as many as 16 (more?) even though it's only 9v9. That's just too many kids on game day. Creating a pool of about 24 players and splitting them into two smaller teams of 12 players or so on game day is much better than having one giant team of 16 kids. 7 kids sitting on the sidelines stinks and isn't good for anyone's development or chemistry. Practicing with 24 kids isn't that big of a deal and even allows for full sided scrimmage time in practice if that's your thing.

Comment

IFA doesn't have pools for the MLS Next/NAL/EDS teams once they are at U13.
              1. MLS Next
              2. NAL
              3. EDS

Comment

IFA doesn't have pools for the MLS Next/NAL/EDS teams once they are at U13.
                1. MLS Next
                2. NAL
                3. EDS
                Not entirely true!

Comment

What age groups have received MLS\NAL offers at NEFC

Comment

Originally posted by guest View Post
                    what age groups have received mls\nal offers at nefc
                    nal 2010

Comment

What age groups have received MLS\NAL offers at NEFC
                      New MLS 08

Comment

Originally posted by guest View Post
                        what age groups have received mls\nal offers at nefc
                        mls 2011

Comment

2011 nefc nal

Comment

-just my 2 cents!
                            I like your use of the exclamation points! Really drive your point home! If you just ended your statements with a period, it wouldn't have nearly the effect! Shows you are excited and this really means a lot to you!

-just my 5 cents!!

Comment

Another scammy pyramid scheme to bring in players who think they’re going pro. Have fun spending extra money on gas and hotels
                              Another bitter daddy...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X