Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

I love the game - but if I'm going to watch a game that doesn't have one of my kids in it, it's going to be pro teams. You know, people who can actually play the game.
    Yes, that's why I don't watch college football or college basketball.

Comment

Yes, that's why I don't watch college football or college basketball.
      Great response. I bet your answer is over their head.

Comment

Great response. I bet your answer is over their head.
        you conveniently choose to take the most literal interpretation of part of the comment. I will watch both at times if the teams can actually play the game. You wont catch me watching a College mens or womens Club team play basketball. Or a D3 school play football. But yeah, ignore the part where op adds "people who can actually play the game." it suits your agenda. Btw, its fine to disagree. The part where you make it about loving the game, my kids ability ( or lack of it), my knowledge about the sport or my experiences in College soccer are kinda dumb. You have no basis for any of that.

Comment

you conveniently choose to take the most literal interpretation of part of the comment. I will watch both at times if the teams can actually play the game. You wont catch me watching a College mens or womens Club team play basketball. Or a D3 school play football. But yeah, ignore the part where op adds "people who can actually play the game." it suits your agenda. Btw, its fine to disagree. The part where you make it about loving the game, my kids ability ( or lack of it), my knowledge about the sport or my experiences in College soccer are kinda dumb. You have no basis for any of that.
          Yes, it’s fine to disagree, and what is your “basis” as to your point that you would watch teams that can actually play? Until you watch a college club team game then you will never know if they can actually play. Explain to everyone the basis of that point? Just asking.

Comment

Sheesh the amount of time and effort to tell everyone what they don't do is laughable.

Watch, don't watch. Really, nobody gives a fvck.

Some like the game, all aspects of the game; some just want to watch Manchester City. To each their own.

Comment

If you can sit through a women's soccer match you can watch any soccer match.

Comment

Will your child's phone blow up at 12:01 a.m. on June 15th?

I'm sure the D3 parents will find a way to make their kids feel valued that day. Maybe they could text a heart emoji at 12:01.

Comment

Will your child's phone blow up at 12:01 a.m. on June 15th?

I'm sure the D3 parents will find a way to make their kids feel valued that day. Maybe they could text a heart emoji at 12:01.
                  I get it, you want to give the D3 mommy a poke, but reality is not many phones blow up on 6/15. The first wave will, but that's a drop in the bucket of recruiting and excellent offers from very good schools will still be received over the next six months. Surely, though some will be sittin' plush with a royal flush, aces back to back.

Comment

My kid getting calls on 6/15. You read it right, plural
                    Good for them, My kid has Grades, yea plural. Enjoy Butthead State, our family prioritizes Academics
                    Then why you on Talking Soccer?

Ur not better'n me

Comment

Good for them, My kid has Grades, yea plural. Enjoy Butthead State, our family prioritizes Academics

Ur not better'n me
                      What in God's name is this trying to say? Bailey's and coffee seems like a good idea but maybe slow it down a bit.

Comment

Ur not better'n me
                        You need to put more effort into your writing if you are going to throw academic shade.

My "kid" had grades too. They now have "grades" at a D1 school.

My child is both "better than you" and "better'n" your child.

Comment

I get it, you want to give the D3 mommy a poke, but reality is not many phones blow up on 6/15. The first wave will, but that's a drop in the bucket of recruiting and excellent offers from very good schools will still be received over the next six months. Surely, though some will be sittin' plush with a royal flush, aces back to back.
                          spot on post. Yes "some"top kids will get calls right away. Many won't but it will start to dribble in over the next few weeks and months. Also keep this in mind: say a coach has their top 8 recruits they give offers to, but 2 drop out quickly. If you're their #9 and you get a call a few weeks later? You're still in. Happens all the time!

Many D1s are't even wrapped up until late spring junior year with some still taking stragglers into the summer early fall. D2 and definitely d3 are on later timetables

Don't get discouraged but do another double check on who you targeted initially. It might need some adjustments so do it now rather than scramble later.

Comment

spot on post. Yes "some"top kids will get calls right away. Many won't but it will start to dribble in over the next few weeks and months. Also keep this in mind: say a coach has their top 8 recruits they give offers to, but 2 drop out quickly. If you're their #9 and you get a call a few weeks later? You're still in. Happens all the time!

Many D1s are't even wrapped up until late spring junior year with some still taking stragglers into the summer early fall. D2 and definitely d3 are on later timetables

Don't get discouraged but do another double check on who you targeted initially. It might need some adjustments so do it now rather than scramble later.
                            If some immature adolescent parent wants to poke a D3 parent that’s fine. Plenty of D3 programs to celebrate if their daughter gets admitted. As far as June 15th those phone calls are dependent where the college is on the soccer pyramid. Colleges in the top 10, top 20 and P5 colleges will be making offers to the highest rated players in their year. That is where the most athletic money goes to those top players. As you said if you’re ranked #9 on a top college list and fortunate enough to get an offer it will be less than the top recruits. Whereas the same #9 who gets an offer from a lower ranked school or mid major might get a higher offer. The question becomes do you sign with a lessor ranked school or go with the higher ranked school and less money.

Comment

The question becomes do you sign with a lessor ranked school or go with the higher ranked school and less money.
                              That's A question, not THE question. There are dozens of factors at play, that being but one of them

Comment

That's A question, not THE question. There are dozens of factors at play, that being but one of them
                                It's NESCAC or bust.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X