Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Is that some breaking news? Has ECNL named new local clubs to replace the departed Bolts, NEFC & Bayside? If not, then how do you know Surf didn't get in? Maybe that's still coming. Seems like either ECNL has to add local clubs on the boys side or Stars might have to drop it. Who would their travel partner even be at this point? I can't imagine current Stars ECNL boys families are thrilled at the prospect of playing in a league where the next closest clubs are in CT and after that the closest games are at least as far as NYC and as far as DE and PA.
    They should just let the Bolts ECRL teams move up to ECNL, under the theory that they have a different geographic footprint than the Newton-based MLS Next teams, so they aren't really B teams. '09 and '10 just won state cup and near or at the top of ECRL. Might be a challenging move up for those teams, but they'd definitely be more competitive in ECNL than Surf.

Comment

They should just let the Bolts ECRL teams move up to ECNL, under the theory that they have a different geographic footprint than the Newton-based MLS Next teams, so they aren't really B teams. '09 and '10 just won state cup and near or at the top of ECRL. Might be a challenging move up for those teams, but they'd definitely be more competitive in ECNL than Surf.
      I thought the Bolts-NEFC-Bayside moves to full MLS Next required them to drop ECNL. That's what lead to speculation above about which clubs might be able to fill that ECNL void. There aren't a lot of options after removing the MLS Next clubs and that's why Surf-Aztec-Scorpions were suggested.

Comment

Is that some breaking news? Has ECNL named new local clubs to replace the departed Bolts, NEFC & Bayside? If not, then how do you know Surf didn't get in? Maybe that's still coming. Seems like either ECNL has to add local clubs on the boys side or Stars might have to drop it. Who would their travel partner even be at this point? I can't imagine current Stars ECNL boys families are thrilled at the prospect of playing in a league where the next closest clubs are in CT and after that the closest games are at least as far as NYC and as far as DE and PA.
        why would they travel to DE and PA? They essentially lost 2 MA games in the state with nefc/bolts gone. Really not a big deal. They will shift and play one additional weekend of away games. Possibly allow a club like pda to add an additional team in the northeast conference. The travel complaints are really over blown. Two overnite stays. One for Susa/east meadow and one for world class/Manhattan.

Comment

why would they travel to DE and PA? They essentially lost 2 MA games in the state with nefc/bolts gone. Really not a big deal. They will shift and play one additional weekend of away games. Possibly allow a club like pda to add an additional team in the northeast conference. The travel complaints are really over blown. Two overnite stays. One for Susa/east meadow and one for world class/Manhattan.
          What happens if they have to collapse the North and South divisions of the NE Conference back into one? If they don't add more MA clubs, that would seem like a real possibility to me.

Comment

I thought the Bolts-NEFC-Bayside moves to full MLS Next required them to drop ECNL. That's what lead to speculation above about which clubs might be able to fill that ECNL void. There aren't a lot of options after removing the MLS Next clubs and that's why Surf-Aztec-Scorpions were suggested.
            Bolts already was full MLS Next. The issue was that ECNL didn't want B teams (behind MLS Next) in their league, so it was ECNL that forced Bolts and NEFC (and other clubs across the country) to quit ECNL. NAL was a byproduct of ECNL forcing clubs to choose between MLS Next and ECNL.

But ECNL could stay competitive in the northeast while still saving face if they aren't too rigid in enforcing that rule. A geography loophole could be one way to avoid ECNL either facing a steep decline in level or play or collapsing in the northeast altogether.

Comment

I know we have it "easy" in the NE as compared to some other regions, but... ECNL likes 10-team conferences. No, they don't have that everywhere but as of today, 23-24 NE North is a 7 team conference after losing Bayside last year. I don't feel like looking, but I'd guess most are 8-10, if not all. Plus, why WOULDN"T ECNL want to add? It's more $ and I'm sorry, if you're stars, you REALLY want a travel partner and if you're any NY team, you don't want to go up there for one game that you'll likely easily win.

I'm of the mind that the league is actively and anxiously trying to add - at least 1 in MA and 2 more wherever.

And we used to go to DE/PA on the regular. It sucked.

Comment

What happens if they have to collapse the North and South divisions of the NE Conference back into one? If they don't add more MA clubs, that would seem like a real possibility to me.
                Does anyone notice RAL (regional) is listed on NAL website? Looks like the landscape for Mass boys is shifting again.

Comment

Does anyone notice RAL (regional) is listed on NAL website? Looks like the landscape for Mass boys is shifting again.
                  Any guesses who plays in RAL? What players is it even going after? Third teams of the MLS Next clubs (MLS Next -> NAL -> RAL)? Seems this would just replace the National League as the 3rd tier for those clubs? Why? They'd both be run by CM8/3 Step. Never a dull moment with the people who run soccer people. What a bunch.

Comment

Any scuttlebutt on new ECNL MA/RI/CT boys teams for 23-24?

Comment

Any scuttlebutt on new ECNL MA/RI/CT boys teams for 23-24?
                      Probably nothing happening. What's happening to the FC Stars boys? Are they staying in ECNL with the CT and NY teams? Where are the Bolts ECNL regional teams out of Weymouth playing next year? They seem to have a strong program.

Comment

The MA teams all suck. I am told by friends on the NY area teams that none of them really want to waste their time coming up here to play them.

Comment

Probably nothing happening. What's happening to the FC Stars boys? Are they staying in ECNL with the CT and NY teams? Where are the Bolts ECNL regional teams out of Weymouth playing next year? They seem to have a strong program.
                          Stars are continuing on in ECNL. Good question on the bolts teams. I am curious as well.

Comment

The MA teams all suck. I am told by friends on the NY area teams that none of them really want to waste their time coming up here to play them.
                            yeah. I mean, "all MA ECNL boys teams" next year = 6. Stars 2011, Stars 2012, etc. Miserable. They're terrible and only going to get worse. They are out of ECNL OR gotta get 1 or 2 MA travel partners. It's just untenable as is.

Comment

That sounds unsustainable and not worth it for the families.

Random question. What’s happening to Elite 64? Is that league going to be around next season?

Comment

That sounds unsustainable and not worth it for the families.

Random question. What’s happening to Elite 64? Is that league going to be around next season?
                                As far as I know the Bolts and Bayside are both pulling out

The right play for Bolts is to make the ECRL teams be the Western Mass Region and the Weymouth region be ENCL,

Then Stars have a travel partner still.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X