Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is NAL replacing ECNL boys in MA?

A number of clubs in MA going for NAL (seacoast, valeo, nefc, bolts, ifa). Will nefc & bolts move away from ecnl boys?

Yes, they've already announced that they are.

Comment

Boys ECNL will add another team in MA. Should be announced over the next couple of weeks. Would you prefer to play on a clubs 1st team or 2nd team? This may be a general statement, but 1st teams will have more opportunity than the 2nd. Whether it is # of trainings, tournament attendance, travel commitment, coach going above and beyond etc. We have seen this with NEFC ECNL RL vs National. Much different level of commitment by the club with 1st and 2nd teams in all aspects mentioned above. What will change with NAL? not much. just a different badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        Boys ECNL will add another team in MA. Should be announced over the next couple of weeks. Would you prefer to play on a clubs 1st team or 2nd team? This may be a general statement, but 1st teams will have more opportunity than the 2nd. Whether it is # of trainings, tournament attendance, travel commitment, coach going above and beyond etc. We have seen this with NEFC ECNL RL vs National. Much different level of commitment by the club with 1st and 2nd teams in all aspects mentioned above. What will change with NAL? not much. just a different badge.
        I'm guessing this is garbage, but I'll bite just for fun: Scorpions get it on the boys side? Surf? Aztec? What other clubs have enough to get an ECNL badge?

Comment

Probably varies depending on the size of the club. The two clubs that are going ECNL-->NAL were/are large enough that the ECNL teams, even though technically "B" teams, received comparable treatment to the A team in terms of training, coaching quality, opportunities/traveling abroad/ etc. If you are a club that has 10-12 boys teams within an age group, then even the B team is going to be treated pretty well.

Comment

I'm guessing this is garbage, but I'll bite just for fun: Scorpions get it on the boys side? Surf? Aztec? What other clubs have enough to get an ECNL badge?
            Who would want to go into a league that has only one team left from MA, which happens to be the weakest one (now that Bolts and NEFC are gone)? Travel would not be worth it. Just join a NAL team if you're good enough. I'm sure Juve, Seacost, and Valeo could use some more talent.

Comment

Who would want to go into a league that has only one team left from MA, which happens to be the weakest one (now that Bolts and NEFC are gone)? Travel would not be worth it. Just join a NAL team if you're good enough. I'm sure Juve, Seacost, and Valeo could use some more talent.
              ECNL in MA could end up battling with NAL for that 2nd tier for sure, but for clubs like Aztec and Surf who don't have the MLS/NAL pathway, it might be their only play. Not sure what clubs might be big enough to be awarded the badge.

Comment

ECNL in MA could end up battling with NAL for that 2nd tier for sure, but for clubs like Aztec and Surf who don't have the MLS/NAL pathway, it might be their only play. Not sure what clubs might be big enough to be awarded the badge.
                One side has Bolts, IFA, NEFC, Seacoast, Valeo. The other has FC Stars. In MA, it won't be a competition.

Comment

One side has Bolts, IFA, NEFC, Seacoast, Valeo. The other has FC Stars. In MA, it won't be a competition.
                  Agreed. I can't imagine too many choosing Boys ECNL over NAL so I would guess it will be a 3rd tier too.

But for the clubs who are left out of MLS/NAL, it would at least give them some pathway other than National League. And.poster above said there are a couple more teams getting added to ECNL in MA, so I'm just playing along. Surf jumps to mind becuase they are big enough, there are Surf teams around the country who are ECNL and I'm sure they would love to have it as a foothold into the girls side. Aztec might make sense, too. Same with Scorpions Boys, only because their already in on the girls side. Other than that, are there any non MLS/NAL clubs big enough/strong enough to jump in?

Comment

Yes, if they bring in Aztecs or Surf, they are poking into EDP teams, not the best teams in that league.

Comment

Yes, if they bring in Aztecs or Surf, they are poking into EDP teams, not the best teams in that league.
                      Maybe, but once you eliminate the MLS/NAL clubs, what else do you have left?

Comment

Scorpions acquired Bruno. My guess is Bruno boys would go ECNL... just a guess, but it gives Scorpions a jump on their trying to match FC Stars with a full fledged boys program.

Comment

Scorpions acquired Bruno. My guess is Bruno boys would go ECNL... just a guess, but it gives Scorpions a jump on their trying to match FC Stars with a full fledged boys program.
                          Bruno is nowhere near that level. They play in NECSL. Do they have a single team playing even in EDP?

Comment

Surf applied…. No thanks Brads

Comment

Surf will be the Next Bruno, Steel, Liverpool unless they get ECNL/MLS Next credentials
                              Surf applied…. No thanks Brads

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X