Best position vs Hiding players

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On top teams there is no hiding anyone. If you are a wing or outside back, you will be in constant 1v1s and if you aren't good it will be a big problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Center mid is a critical position. Just look at all the top European clubs - they all have world class mids. They also need to defend, which will make your child more versatile as a footballer.
      Mentions top Euro Clubs, then implies CM is unique because it requires defense. Every position on the field requires defence even more so at top Euro clubs.

Comment

On top teams there is no hiding anyone. If you are a wing or outside back, you will be in constant 1v1s and if you aren't good it will be a big problem.
        actually the opposite. the top teams rarely play a competitive game

Comment

Another soccer opinion that implies we consistently develop players in our system who are capable of this.
          Not the OP but just a reply to another soccer opinion that implies we consistently develop players in our system who are not capable of this.

Comment

Another soccer opinion that implies we consistently develop players in our system who are capable of this.
            No implication just stating that 1% of the players are fully capable of playing in this manner. They get identified by D1 P5 College coaches.

Comment

It's common among dumb coaches to "hide" their weakest player on left wing. I've heard it straight out of the mouth of multiple clowns, I mean coaches.

Comment

It's common among dumb coaches to "hide" their weakest player on left wing. I've heard it straight out of the mouth of multiple clowns, I mean coaches.
                My D played left wing for a few years, then the team got a new coach who switched her to center/attacking mid. What does that say?

Comment

Not the OP but just a reply to another soccer opinion that implies we consistently develop players in our system who are not capable of this.
                  We dont. Have you watched a college game with a team outside the top 20 recently?

Comment

No implication just stating that 1% of the players are fully capable of playing in this manner. They get identified by D1 P5 College coaches.
                    Stop. it. Most of D1 P5 soccer is HS on roids.

Comment

Look at the topic? Discussing hiding players at a level where someone is PAYING to play. If you think that is a topic in cultures that consistently develop players, we see it differently

Comment

We dont. Have you watched a college game with a team outside the top 20 recently?
                        Yes, I have. My D (not in a P5 school) was explicitly recruited based on that exact skill set, which seamlessly translated to their team. They mix it up, as anyone should, but the skillset is a requirement to play.

Comment

Stop. it. Most of D1 P5 soccer is HS on roids.
                          So says another uneducated soccer anonymous TS Parent who thinks they know better to make that statement. Watch the NCAA tournament you might learn something about the 1% who play in those top leagues.

Comment

Yes, I have. My D (not in a P5 school) was explicitly recruited based on that exact skill set, which seamlessly translated to their team. They mix it up, as anyone should, but the skillset is a requirement to play.
                            what part of consistently don't you understand? with great respect, kids being able to do it at a high level, under pressure ? No. If it was, the quality of play would be light years ahead of where it is.

Comment

So says another uneducated soccer anonymous TS Parent who thinks they know better to make that statement. Watch the NCAA tournament you might learn something about the 1% who play in those top leagues.
                              Why do you assume I am uneducated, because i disagree with you? Watched several NCAA tournaments.My kids played in them. All the way to final 4s. You?

Comment

Why do you assume I am uneducated, because i disagree with you? Watched several NCAA tournaments.My kids played in them. All the way to final 4s. You?
                                Huh. My kid plays at a D3 program that made it to the 3rd round of the NCAA D3 tournament. None of her games look anything like high school games. Maybe they play better soccer at D3 than at D1?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X