Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futsal Regionals in Hanover

If you were lucky to attend this event congratulations. One of the best youth sports tournaments in this area across any sport. Great skill from boys and girls groups and atmosphere was electric.

It’s a damn shame Talking Soccer is running on 1990’s technology & doesn’t have so much as a like button…

Comment

Totally agree!!! My daughter continues to play futsal in high school because of the community and level of competition. It’s a great addition to soccer and worth the time/effort.

Comment

It was as close to an international soccer event as these kids will ever get. Chants, music, horns, celebrations, intensity. Would be curious to know what club soccer coaches think of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          It was as close to an international soccer event as these kids will ever get. Chants, music, horns, celebrations, intensity. Would be curious to know what club soccer coaches think of this.
          Was a great event. Our (younger) team had a good run, but the real treat was being able to watch a lot of really impressive play (and fans!) at older ages from all different clubs.

Comment

Agree.. Long days but one of the best youth sporting atmospheres! Talent in these games was off the charts even the youngest age groups.

Comment

Good to see this is still ongoing. My D no longer competes in it, but we did for a few years (even winning once) and I really enjoyed the entire event. The atmosphere, the competition, and some of the players/teams had incredible skill.

Comment

Good to see this is still ongoing. My D no longer competes in it, but we did for a few years (even winning once) and I really enjoyed the entire event. The atmosphere, the competition, and some of the players/teams had incredible skill.
                I agree, great experience

Comment

It was a great event, but the refs were a major issue again. I watched so many matches, and there were just to many older soccer refs out there. There were a couple of really good ones who you could tell had done some futsal, but most didn't have a clue. The biggest problem was refs not calling any fouls all game, losing control and frustrating players, and then trying to make up for it in the last ten minutes with a barrage of whistles and cards. The player talent at the tournament was amazing, but they gotta get better futsal refs.

Comment

It was a great event, but the refs were a major issue again. I watched so many matches, and there were just to many older soccer refs out there. There were a couple of really good ones who you could tell had done some futsal, but most didn't have a clue. The biggest problem was refs not calling any fouls all game, losing control and frustrating players, and then trying to make up for it in the last ten minutes with a barrage of whistles and cards. The player talent at the tournament was amazing, but they gotta get better futsal refs.
                    Good luck with that. There aren't enough refs for soccer, never mind how many they need for an event like that.

I suggest you learn the game a bit more, pick up a whistle, and pitch in.

Comment

Was there a website for the results?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X