X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    My daughter is top player on ECNL team and hasn’t even heard of id2
    Possibly because she wasn't picked. Being a top player on ECNL is a relative term.

I know of ECNL players off to very, very good soccer programs next year who were in ID2.

--I personally don't know anything nor care about it, just pointing out that because your "top" player doesn't know about it, doesn't mean her teammates don't

Comment

Possibly because she wasn't picked. Being a top player on ECNL is a relative term.

I know of ECNL players off to very, very good soccer programs next year who were in ID2.

--I personally don't know anything nor care about it, just pointing out that because your "top" player doesn't know about it, doesn't mean her teammates don't
      Pretty sure the dude you replied to was being satirical..

Comment

Pretty sure the dude you replied to was being satirical..
        Dang. If so, sarcasm just ain't his thing.

Comment

My daughter is top player on ECNL team and hasn’t even heard of id2
          ID2 starts at U14. It’s a US Club Soccer program to identify top talent. ECNL plays under the US Club Soccer umbrella and is eligible for selection. Nominations come from coaches and DOCs and are then sorted by US Club Soccer officials administratively and then by regional and then National events. US Clubs Soccer’s website will give you a better overview and their Insta page will give you recent updates. They recently posted an all time top 11 graduates from ID2. If you’re a women’s soccer fan you will know the names and faces on that list.

Comment

ID2 starts at U14. It’s a US Club Soccer program to identify top talent. ECNL plays under the US Club Soccer umbrella and is eligible for selection. Nominations come from coaches and DOCs and are then sorted by US Club Soccer officials administratively and then by regional and then National events. US Clubs Soccer’s website will give you a better overview and their Insta page will give you recent updates. They recently posted an all time top 11 graduates from ID2. If you’re a women’s soccer fan you will know the names and faces on that list.
            NPL used to be a thing. So of course now famous players went through it. It's not really a thing today, or at least significantly diminished. Most ECNL players don't know it exists and don't care. Like ODP.

Comment

Like ODP ? My D , not top (didn't make regional team), loves the training . Told me the top 09s in the state go. Mixture of Stars, Scorps SSS NEFC , Aztecs and other top girls. Told the Stars that made id2 also made ODP ( I know they made regional)

Comment

NPL used to be a thing. So of course now famous players went through it. It's not really a thing today, or at least significantly diminished. Most ECNL players don't know it exists and don't care. Like ODP.
                The top ECNL know about it and want to be part of it.

Comment

NPL used to be a thing. So of course now famous players went through it. It's not really a thing today,
                  It’s still a thing outside New England. The NEP/NECSL feud is what damaged NPL here.

Comment

This seems to be a thing for 2 clubs only for the most part. Stars Blue and SSS. Asked my D's coach about this and she said if you have money it's fine. For rich parents looking to waste money. It's basically another club soccer money grab. Well done U.S soccer. There are still some gullible parents out there.

Comment

Another disgruntled parent weighing in . The stars players that made it made both ODP and ID2. No one else ! Stars is the way to go!

Comment

Stars Blue and SSS players ? Pretty good line up no ? Also earlier post said Aztec and NEFC players too . So the top teams in Mass top players all do it ? Sounds like it would be pretty good training. Agree with last poster , disgruntled parent’s daughter got cut. About travel, you. Need a central location . No place works perfect .

Comment

This seems to be a thing for 2 clubs only for the most part. Stars Blue and SSS. Asked my D's coach about this and she said if you have money it's fine. For rich parents looking to waste money. It's basically another club soccer money grab. Well done U.S soccer. There are still some gullible parents out there.
                          "The id2 Program is an Olympic Development Program approved by the United States Olympic Committee and the U.S. Soccer Federation. There is no cost for players to participate or be scouted, and all meals, lodging and gear are provided by US Club Soccer and Nike.Sep 29, 2022"

Your coach clearly doesn't have a clue. These girls pay for their flight but that's it. This program is a great way to identify top talent for their future.

Comment

So many fighting over a great accomplishment. Congrats girls, hard work pays off

Comment

Many posters here are unaware that ; 1 Id2 and ODP are completely separate entities. 2) ODP is pay when traveling (travel,room, meals etc) and ID2 is travel cost only. Odp you have to sign up for training then you get picked for the region, then pick for national team. Id2 you get “seen” or “nominated to go.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X