Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Why do you all care so much which league and which team is better? You sound like children. You’ll never know the true answer because not every top player lands on the same team, they are often spread out over the state. This need to say blue is best or worst is foolish. We are discussing youth soccer. Worry only about whether your child is happy, developing and with the right coach. Nothing else matters in the grand scheme.
    But Blue is still best.

Comment

But Blue is still best.
      Yes, I think that was his point and the rest was rationalizing it to himself.

Comment

Concentrate on the coach and not the league, depending on age

Comment

Impact parent of a recruiting age player and I agree. She’s getting no exposure through Impact. Her team plays in other events with more opportunities but still pretty low level schools. All of our recruiting contact comes from our own efforts. Emails, film, more emails, ID camps, more emails, more film.

We can’t do ECNL because we just can’t swing the cost with travel. We’re happy with the Impact league itself but from a recruiting standpoint, NPL in general just doesn’t offer the opportunities ECNL and GA do. Looking at coaches attending ECRL events (and presumably DPL too), I don’t think we’d be any better off in those leagues. I think if you can’t do ECNL or GA, then pick Impact, DPL, ECRL based on location and coach/team and do your own work. I don’t believe any of those 3 lower leagues does recruiting better than the others.
          I give this post a standing ovation!

Comment

But Blue is still best.
            At college exposure.

Comment

ECNL R has a slight advantage getting exposure with ECNL events and playoffs, but probably means more travel.
              Here is an educated soccer mind

Comment

Why is this even a debate?

Comment

DPL All Damn Day

Comment

ECRL is now stronger going into next year than DPL. I know becoming the top impact players are leaving teams for GA, ECNL, and ECRL, nobody leaving impact teams for DPL. DPL though will be stronger than Impact.

Comment

Here is an educated soccer mind
                      Hey, if you were a college coach and could pick from the studs on fields 1-20 or head crosstown to their red-headed little sisters tournament and scout the kids that cant make their varsity team, which set of fields are you gonna go to? Of course to the ones with the kids who cant walk and chew gum at the same time. C'mon man! It's a no-brainer. ECNL gets college coaches to the same hemisphere as the ECRL tournament at roughly the same times.

Comment

More like D1 coaches got to the ECNL. D2 and D3 coaches and assistants split up between ECRL and ECNL showcases. There’s plenty of coaches on staff to spilt up and make both showcases.

Comment

"DPL" can mean very different things. And the comparison depends on age group. If we're talking about the younger, transition age groups - the top DPL teams are much, much better than the ECRL teams. So the question is whether your player's goal is to learn to play soccer well.

Comment

Much much better? Ok. Sure. For you to say this shows you are just a DPL cheerleader. I’ve watched some really ugly soccer during DPL games and some very strong players in other games. The talent is spread out and do random between birth years. One DPL coach does a great job while the next phones it in. Don’t worry about much much better. Focus on your kid developing on a team she likes. Doesn’t matter the mid level league.

Comment

More like D1 coaches got to the ECNL. D2 and D3 coaches and assistants split up between ECRL and ECNL showcases. There’s plenty of coaches on staff to spilt up and make both showcases.
                              The big lie.
                              No coaches go to ECRL except locally.

Comment

Much much better? Ok. Sure. For you to say this shows you are just a DPL cheerleader. I’ve watched some really ugly soccer during DPL games and some very strong players in other games. The talent is spread out and do random between birth years. One DPL coach does a great job while the next phones it in. Don’t worry about much much better. Focus on your kid developing on a team she likes. Doesn’t matter the mid level league.
                                Incoherent. There are several DPL and Impact teams ranked above ECRL1 teams in all the transition year ages.

“the top teams” was the point though. So glad we agree that parents of players on a strong team shouldn’t give that up. Playing on a complete team that plays at a high level is the only way to develop.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X