Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dpl vs regional ECNL

Is one better for college recruiting? (This is a serious question)

In my humble opinion they’re about the same. Maybe I’d tip my hat to ECNL if we are talking exposure/recruiting only.

Comment

I’ve heard from a college coach that they compare ECNL regional to the likes of DPL and EDP. Save yourself the time and money and choose coach over anything.

Comment

Both pretty much the same, when it comes to level of college coaches and commits.

ecnl national or GA is a whole different ball game.

as previous poster said, choose coach over league if your d is either DPL or ecnl r

Comment

Very good feedback from these folk.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            I’ve heard from a college coach that they compare ECNL regional to the likes of DPL and EDP. Save yourself the time and money and choose coach over anything.
            This right here. In fact, I would say that this should be the case for almost any situation... choose the coach over anything.

Comment

ECNL R has a slight advantage getting exposure with ECNL events and playoffs, but probably means more travel.

Comment

I don't have kids in either but have seen them both in tournaments and thought the DPL teams were generally better. Maybe ECNL-R has more exposure but suspect not based upon what I've seen from level of play. If I had a kid choosing I'd just go with best coach/most convenient location/practice times.

Comment

ECNL-R is just a money grab. So many families want the ECNL brand that they fall for it. Those players aren’t getting recruited to go anywhere.

Comment

ECNL-R is just a money grab. So many families want the ECNL brand that they fall for it. Those players aren’t getting recruited to go anywhere.
                    ECNLR kids that want to play in college will probably get the same type of offers as DPL/NPL players—mainly D2 or D3. I do think that ECNL schedules the ECNLR showcases strategically—right before the ECNL events—so that more coaches attend. Kind of annoying that my kid has to play Sunday, Monday, Tuesday in Florida because of that, but I think they are trying to get the ECNLR kids seen. Not sure what DPL does with their events, and NPL doesn’t seem to do showcases —you have to make the national final for any hope of being seen. If you are not ECNL or GA, it’s just more work in terms of contacting target schools and attending specific ID camps (ECNL and GA players still have to do the work and target correctly, but it’s an easier road).

Comment

I don't have kids in either but have seen them both in tournaments and thought the DPL teams were generally better. Maybe ECNL-R has more exposure but suspect not based upon what I've seen from level of play. If I had a kid choosing I'd just go with best coach/most convenient location/practice times.
                      This^. Once you're out of ECNL and GA it's all kind of a wash. Better clubs in R or whatever will vary by location.. Pick based on best coaching and fit. If you want to be recruited you will have to put in a lot of work and probably rely more on ID events vs minimal showcases. Be realistic in terms of targeting and know that a lot of your roster won't play in college

Comment

This^. Once you're out of ECNL and GA it's all kind of a wash. Better clubs in R or whatever will vary by location.. Pick based on best coaching and fit. If you want to be recruited you will have to put in a lot of work and probably rely more on ID events vs minimal showcases. Be realistic in terms of targeting and know that a lot of your roster won't play in college
                        Personally we prefer Impact over DPL or ECNL R. Very good teams locally. Impact is providing parents with opportunities to college exposure and even education about recruiting etc. ECNL R league
                        travel isn’t worth it. The season is shorter. I have friends with kids on all 3 leagues. Impact parents seem to be happiest with ROI.
                        Best pathway for D1 exposure is obviously ECNL national, then GA. But your kid will be talked about and noticed if DPL, impact, ecnl regional too.

Kids on all these teams mentioned above can play on a college team. Remember that. If your kid is on DPL, impact, or ECNL regional there is a college team for them. They are good. They won’t go D1. But that’s not the goal for our kids anyway. The goal is for our kids to reach their full potential and be happy healthy people.

Comment

College coaches are not looking at Impact. Not a good bang for their buck. They know about the few top players in the league, and will reach them in other avenues. Don’t believe the hype Impact will sell you

Comment

College coaches are not looking at Impact. Not a good bang for their buck. They know about the few top players in the league, and will reach them in other avenues. Don’t believe the hype Impact will sell you
                            Ah you just be with a elite 64.

Comment

I think I know what you mean, but the answer to that is No

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X