Clear All

There is a Seacoast Cape and a Seacoast NH

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      Seacoast Ocean Cup Schedule
      https://system.gotsport.com/org_event/events/17705

Comment

Not all SSS teams are playing Bolts. Some are going to CFC.
        Since I’m newish here, out of curiosity why would some SSS teams play bolts and some play seacoast (in the same age group)? Is one tournament better than the other?

Comment

CFC Columbus Day Classic schedule
          https://system.gotsport.com/org_event/events/18011

Comment

Since I’m newish here, out of curiosity why would some SSS teams play bolts and some play seacoast (in the same age group)? Is one tournament better than the other?
            Usually there's some "you wash my back I'll wash yours" involved. Club A sends some teams to Club B's tourney and other teams to Club C's tourney. Club B and C then send some teams to Club A's tourney, whether the same weekend or a different tourney weekend. Sometimes a tourney is "better" than the others, sometimes they split the talent and one tourney is "better" in some age groups while another tourney is better in other age groups. Plenty of ballwashing all around.

That said, there are definitely tourneys that do attract better teams than others. Somewhere in here there's a thread with efforts to rank the area tournaments if you're trying to figure out which ones attract the better teams. The gotsport tourney rankings also attempt to do that. What's most important is the bracket you'll be in. If that's competitive, who cares if the rest of the tourney isn't? Also, the talent of the teams is just one aspect. How well the tourney organizers run the tourney, the quality of the playing fields, how far the various game locations are spread out, local accommodations (hotels, restaurants, something to do for the siblings) can also factor in to whether it is a good tourney.

Comment

Doesn’t matter location just bracket and you can’t control who’s showing up. It’s supposed to be a team bonding experience, but noticing our team no longer eats together or stays at the same hotel. Sometimes coaches pick new location because they don’t want to play the same teams from their league again in a tournament or same teams from Labor Day at Columbus Day.

Comment

They have teams at CFC too. So SSS is spread across at least 3 tournaments in 3 states

Comment

They have teams at CFC too. So SSS is spread across at least 3 tournaments in 3 states
                  Why are you obsessed w Select? Stay in your lane.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X