Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Yes the 07s were warned for years (yes, that thread has been going on that long) that ulittle results don't matter and it all changes leading into high school. Parents like you figured that out. Now the 08s are figuring that out. Happens every year. Experienced posters can share advice but some people need to see it for themselves
    I’m 80 years old and on my death bed. I can honestly tell you that none of this college stuff matters either.

The highlight of my life was winning State championship when I was 12! (Cue glory days by Bruce Springsteen)

Comment

Ha, ha, yeah. My kid is an '07, any parents who post with players younger than that should be scoffed at. In three more years, when my kid is off to college, then we should all scoff at these high school parents, always fighting about GAL vs ECNL, like any of that matter at all. After my kid graduates, I'll come back and laugh at everyone here who is spending time arguing and bragging about a kids game.
      The question is “when you come back and laugh at everyone” will GAG sill exist??? Or will it fold like DA did. Maybe GAG will change to HAG or BAG. Time will tell.

Comment

The lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinion of the sheep. Which makes me wonder why the obsessed poster continues their campaign against GAL. Maybe they’re not a lion after all. Or maybe they aren’t the sheep. Either way for something the obsessed so diligently mocks takes up a lot of space in their head

Comment

The lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinion of the sheep. Which makes me wonder why the obsessed poster continues their campaign against GAL. Maybe they’re not a lion after all. Or maybe they aren’t the sheep. Either way for something the obsessed so diligently mocks takes up a lot of space in their head
          Tis the season for club in club bashing so no doubt that's part of it. There isn't that much talent out there to snag. GAL will be fine. It's not going to collapse, but it's also not going to unseat ECNL either. IF your local GAL club has good coaching and is a good fit for your player it will be fine. Even more so if your local ECNL option isn't a good one. Overall ECNL is a stronger league, stronger competition but it comes down to your local options. College coaches know that and shop both.

Comment

It’s because ECNL shops from GA to grab the best developed talent from GA clubs and to weaken those teams and then say BLUE IS BEST!

Comment

Evidently did not shop enough based on last weekend.

Comment

It’s because ECNL shops from GA to grab the best developed talent from GA clubs and to weaken those teams and then say BLUE IS BEST!
                That would happen with or with out ECNL. Teams try and get the best players to come to their club even before ECNL started. It’s up to the players that leave clubs to decide what the better option is.

Comment

By and large players/families seek out their opportunities. If they leave a club or league there's reasons for it.

Comment

Why do you call it GAG? Do you think that’s funny?

Comment

Why do you call it GAG? Do you think that’s funny?
                      Could be either:

1. the league folds every few years and GAG could be the name of the new league when GA folds

or more likely

2. the league is so bad with so very few good clubs it makes one GAG when talking about the lack of quality teams.

Comment

Could be either:

1. the league folds every few years and GAG could be the name of the new league when GA folds

or more likely

2. the league is so bad with so very few good clubs it makes one GAG when talking about the lack of quality teams.
                        When in doubt ALWAYS go with the most obvious:

3. coined by a pathetic loser chuckling to himself about the funny he tried to make

Comment

Ill narrow it down to Stars White and he mixes in “send it” and “boot it” at least twice a half
                          Is this a Stars White 08 dad?

Comment

Is this a Stars White 08 dad?
                            It’s all Stars white dads/moms… and some Stars Blue

Comment

It’s all Stars white dads/moms… and some Stars Blue
                              Not true, but I understand why you would say it. Yes, the theme is common, but I'm not a fan of chasing after a ball vs. playing with it. So, you absolutely won't hear that from "ALL". That being said, when the coach is the one who yells it the rest follow along....

Comment

Could be either:

or more likely

To me GAG refers to the terrible league and play of most of the GA clubs. That simple

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X