Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massachusetts Girls High School 2021

Who are dominant teams to rise up after the pandemic?

Ummmm… nobody cares! HS soccer sucks.
    The only good thing about it is that it’s only about a couple of months. You know… that’s all the time you need to develop players and productive human beings… 2 months, smh!

Comment

Lots of good girls teams on the south shore, Whitman Hanson, Hingham, Norwell, Bishop Feehan

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        The only good thing about it is that it’s only about a couple of months. You know… that’s all the time you need to develop players and productive human beings… 2 months, smh!
        An indictment of club soccer.

Comment

The old hingham girls coach is at Braintree now. That should be interesting.

Comment

Hey club dad - there are many many high school programs that have better coaching and play better soccer than your club team.

Comment

I’m sure that is your truth. No way for me to convince you otherwise. I do feel for you tho. Must be hard raising a girl in the hood. Nice towns have HS programs loaded with girls club players

Comment

I’m sure that is your truth. No way for me to convince you otherwise. I do feel for you tho. Must be hard raising a girl in the hood. Nice towns have HS programs loaded with girls club players
                I want to disagree with you, but it’s kind of true. If you think your HS program sux, you’re probably A Poor

Comment

he also got beat by Hingham in a scrimmage 9-0, interesting is one word

Comment

It never fails. There is always a parent who has to make the 'HS soccer sucks' comment perhaps to follow it up by 'Club soccer rules'. I always wonder if it is the same parent for the boys and girls threads. Either way, consider how pathetic he or she (they them those or however, it identifies) is. 1) there is nothing at all constructive about their opinion. Nothing contributory. 2) a few high schoolers will get financial help for college and a few will get administrative help. YOUR CHILD IS MORE LIKELY TO GET FINANCIAL HELP FROM OTHER AVENUES THAN SPORTS. The rare player will ultimately go pro 3) fewer club players will have made long lasting friends with their teammates than the high school players with theirs. The high school players are schoolmates and tend to play for the team, the school, and the town. The club players tend to play for themselves hoping that some higher level coach is watching. 4) Sports are great for staying in shape physically and mentally. 5) Sports are great for social connections/grooming/development. 6) While the top tier of club teams are better than 90% of the best high school teams, the club quality falls off quickly and one can argue whether or not it is worth the 3-5K per year with travel..but this is an individual family/child decision. 7) For the child it is about participation. I would rather my child play on the high school team than waste time on the bench of a club team. Again, an individual decision. 8) four years after graduating college 99.9% of these kids will be in the same 'boat' and looking for either a job or grad school. My kids played club and HS sports. They have nearly zero connection with their club teammates and strong connections with their HS ones. Both are playing college sports. One did get administrative help to get into school and the other didn't. The second did get a large scholarship......and it had nothing to do with playing sports in college. TO THE PARENT WHO INSISTS THAT HS SOCCER...PERHAPS ALL SPORTS ARE BOGUS....I feel sorry for your child. When he/she doesn't meet your expectation what will you say then? When he/she looks back and wishes they played more HS sports will they and you have regret? Perhaps when the end result isn't what you thought it would be you will come back to TS and describe how wrong you were???

Comment

It never fails. There is always a parent who has to make the 'HS soccer sucks' comment perhaps to follow it up by 'Club soccer rules'. I always wonder if it is the same parent for the boys and girls threads. Either way, consider how pathetic he or she (they them those or however, it identifies) is. 1) there is nothing at all constructive about their opinion. Nothing contributory. 2) a few high schoolers will get financial help for college and a few will get administrative help. YOUR CHILD IS MORE LIKELY TO GET FINANCIAL HELP FROM OTHER AVENUES THAN SPORTS. The rare player will ultimately go pro 3) fewer club players will have made long lasting friends with their teammates than the high school players with theirs. The high school players are schoolmates and tend to play for the team, the school, and the town. The club players tend to play for themselves hoping that some higher level coach is watching. 4) Sports are great for staying in shape physically and mentally. 5) Sports are great for social connections/grooming/development. 6) While the top tier of club teams are better than 90% of the best high school teams, the club quality falls off quickly and one can argue whether or not it is worth the 3-5K per year with travel..but this is an individual family/child decision. 7) For the child it is about participation. I would rather my child play on the high school team than waste time on the bench of a club team. Again, an individual decision. 8) four years after graduating college 99.9% of these kids will be in the same 'boat' and looking for either a job or grad school. My kids played club and HS sports. They have nearly zero connection with their club teammates and strong connections with their HS ones. Both are playing college sports. One did get administrative help to get into school and the other didn't. The second did get a large scholarship......and it had nothing to do with playing sports in college. TO THE PARENT WHO INSISTS THAT HS SOCCER...PERHAPS ALL SPORTS ARE BOGUS....I feel sorry for your child. When he/she doesn't meet your expectation what will you say then? When he/she looks back and wishes they played more HS sports will they and you have regret? Perhaps when the end result isn't what you thought it would be you will come back to TS and describe how wrong you were???
                      Well said. Also, only around 7% of kids go on to play college sports from HS/Club regardless.

Comment

It will take a while to rebuild that program and not sure he's the one to do it. They continue to lose top talent to private schools and can't seem to use the talent that remains. Crazy considering they have a number of town teams competing for championships at MTOC but then are around 500 in HS

Comment

For what it’s worth…Globe’s pre-season top 10 as of 8/31:
                          1) Whitman-Hanson
                          2) Bishop Feehan
                          3) King Philip
                          4) Danvers
                          5) Hingham
                          6) North Andover
                          7) Newton South
                          8) Concord-Carlisle
                          9) Masconomet
                          10) Natick

Comment

Well said. Also, only around 7% of kids go on to play college sports from HS/Club regardless.
                            ....and a small percentage of these actually play.....

Comment

Hey club dad - there are many many high school programs that have better coaching and play better soccer than your club team.
                              Ya I doubt it..... probably mostly club players on the team

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X