This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You could not be any more wrong in your assumption as I am not from Needham, close to Needham nor do I even know anyone from Needham and frankly I don't care who you scrutinize or cast your judgement on in this fiasco. My personal opinion on what happened is it was wrong and it never should have happened, but that is just my opinion along with many on this thread. There is nothing new being posted on this issue just the same stuff over and over from mostly the same people with different views (although most likely not from the kids who would probably love to move on from this but can't due to a bunch of anonymous parents who won't let it go). It is like a merry go round and your statements mirror the big horses arse as it goes by. Your statements make it appear that YOU might have an axe to grind with somebody involved in this and don't want to see this stop because of it, sound about right?
    No. You are again wrong in so many ways.

I have no axe to grind. I have no connection to Needham. I admit to being intrigued why you are so worked up about all of this and trying to stop/censor discussion. You really are foaming at the mouth here. You are now resorting to inane and bullying insults in lieu of intelligent thought. It ain't pretty.

Also, I never said that you were from Needham or close to Needham or that you knew anyone from Needham. You are wrong about that. There are other possible reasons why you are so sadly desperate to stop people from discussing this openly. You really do need to chill out here.

I'd like to know how often this hazing has happened. How deeply is it connected with the program and the history of soccer in the town? Coach Tarabelli noted in an article that the team had gone 14 years between BSL titles. Has the quality of the program prevented hazing in the past several years? Was there a pent-up impulse therefore to go back to hazing because of the title?

And how would putting a dog leash around a girl's neck improve team building/bonding as some people continue to creepily assert? I thought that that stuff was more appropriate to Craigslist requests.

How easy will it be to fumigate this program to prevent this from happening again?

I suggest that you stop reading/posting if all you can do is repeatedly toss insults. We can carry on very well without your repeated attempts to insult other posters and to close off the open discussion.

I suggest that you go away if open discussion upsets you and causes you to rage and hurl insults when people ignore your hectoring attempts to stop open discussion.

Comment

I have no axe to grind. I have no connection to Needham. I admit to being intrigued why you are so worked up about all of this and trying to stop/censor discussion. You really are foaming at the mouth here. You are now resorting to inane and bullying insults in lieu of intelligent thought. It ain't pretty.

Also, I never said that you were from Needham or close to Needham or that you knew anyone from Needham. You are wrong about that. There are other possible reasons why you are so sadly desperate to stop people from discussing this openly. You really do need to chill out here.

I'd like to know how often this hazing has happened. How deeply is it connected with the program and the history of soccer in the town? Coach Tarabelli noted in an article that the team had gone 14 years between BSL titles. Has the quality of the program prevented hazing in the past several years? Was there a pent-up impulse therefore to go back to hazing because of the title?

And how would putting a dog leash around a girl's neck improve team building/bonding as some people continue to creepily assert? I thought that that stuff was more appropriate to Craigslist requests.

How easy will it be to fumigate this program to prevent this from happening again?

I suggest that you stop reading/posting if all you can do is repeatedly toss insults. We can carry on very well without your repeated attempts to insult other posters and to close off the open discussion.

I suggest that you go away if open discussion upsets you and causes you to rage and hurl insults when people ignore your hectoring attempts to stop open discussion.
      Different poster here then the one you are responding to who just seems to be saying that the topic has played itself. I agree with that poster. What else is there to say that hasn't been said? If anyone is "foaming at the mouth" it seems to be you and I find it interesting that you are concerned that the Needham HS soccer program "fumigate" the program even though you say you have no connections to Needham. Anyway, this is where I drop out and leave it to you and anyone else who wants to continue the debate.

Comment

I don't know who you think I am and I am certainly not foaming at the mouth or "worked up" as you put it. I have made two posts up until know with this being the third, you on the other hand seem freakishly involved, so it is probably time for me to part ways with you and time for you to put the lotion in the basket, Hannibal.

Comment

are we finished yet??

Can we be done with this thread??
          I have to believe that we have beaten it to death and heard all angles.
          Is there anyone out there with enough sanity to end this one???
          One could argue that the amount of attention that has been given to this could have caused more harm to the girls than any perceived kind of hazing.
          The press has certainly enjoyed themselves.

Comment

One could argue that the amount of attention that has been given to this could have caused more harm to the girls than any perceived kind of hazing.
            OK coach T

Comment

You better watch it, with posts like that you will be accused of being an angry foaming at the mouth, raging cyber bully who is trying to censor the world.

Comment

What is causing the girls more harm than the hazing is their parents still trying to blame everyone else but them.

Comment

I don't have girls, but if I did and this happend to one of them, I suspect I would be so wrapped up in her emotions and the pain this was causing her and her friends that it would be very difficult not to get angry at their coach and school system.

These girls didn't set out to break the rules, and now they are getting racked over the coals in the court of public opinion, not to mention suspended, for breaking them. I can see how a parent would be angry that this situation developed under the watch of the girls coach and principal. They did exactly what the teams prior to them had been doing without any intention of breaking any rules or getting in trouble, and then wham, all hell breaks loose.

It's one thing to have a kid get caught with drugs or alcohol or get caught shop lifting or skipping school. The list goes on and on of the things they know they shouldn't be doing. This wasn't on that list. It should have been, and this is were the grownups in charge come in. If the grown ups in charge of that school system are going to punish those kids for breaking the rules, then the grown ups better make darn sure the kids know what those rules are in the first place. In this, I really believe, the Needham school system and their coach failed them.

Comment

I don't have girls, but if I did and this happend to one of them, I suspect I would be so wrapped up in her emotions and the pain this was causing her and her friends that it would be very difficult not to get angry at their coach and school system.

These girls didn't set out to break the rules, and now they are getting racked over the coals in the court of public opinion, not to mention suspended, for breaking them. I can see how a parent would be angry that this situation developed under the watch of the girls coach and principal. They did exactly what the teams prior to them had been doing without any intention of breaking any rules or getting in trouble, and then wham, all hell breaks loose.

It's one thing to have a kid get caught with drugs or alcohol or get caught shop lifting or skipping school. The list goes on and on of the things they know they shouldn't be doing. This wasn't on that list. It should have been, and this is were the grownups in charge come in. If the grown ups in charge of that school system are going to punish those kids for breaking the rules, then the grown ups better make darn sure the kids know what those rules are in the first place. In this, I really believe, the Needham school system and their coach failed them.
                    If their parents had let sleeping dogs lie and not pursued it in Court, in a case they were destined to lose, it would have been over much more quickly. Sports page, minor news for the Globe. Ditto for all the protestations before the school board. Instead of taking their medicine, they decided to try to throw up all over the Courts, media and school district only it just landed back on them, that is the real tragedy here, parents who just couldn't let things be. Now they have this site, the Editorial pages, MIAA and the local police all abuzz andinvestigating.

Comment

If their parents had let sleeping dogs lie and not pursued it in Court, in a case they were destined to lose, it would have been over much more quickly. Sports page, minor news for the Globe. Ditto for all the protestations before the school board. Instead of taking their medicine, they decided to try to throw up all over the Courts, media and school district only it just landed back on them, that is the real tragedy here, parents who just couldn't let things be. Now they have this site, the Editorial pages, MIAA and the local police all abuzz andinvestigating.
                      Making a fuss because you feel something is unjust rather than just laying low to minimize the repercussions is actually very typical of this country and its citizens. We just aren't a roll with the punches society and never have been. American democracy tends to be stridently self righteous. If we think something is wrong, we go nuts. I feel sorry for this situation but I'd rather see parents fighting for what they think is justice for their kids than have them shrug and look away. I keep thinking of all those pedophile priests. Where were the parents??

Comment

So i read about the Newton North boy's all dying their hair for the States... Isn't this Hazing? I am sure not every single player wanted to do it.

Comment

yup - sheer stupidity. They had a fool for a lawyer. Even if they had won (extremely unlikely) those kids would not have been played by the replacement coach.

Comment

What is causing the girls more harm than the hazing is their parents still trying to blame everyone else but them.
                            Finally something new to add. I don't think we have read that in this thread before.

Comment

Finally something new to add. I don't think we have read that in this thread before.
                              Ya, only about 50 times. And probably the same dope at it again.

Comment

Making a fuss because you feel something is unjust rather than just laying low to minimize the repercussions is actually very typical of this country and its citizens. We just aren't a roll with the punches society and never have been. American democracy tends to be stridently self righteous. If we think something is wrong, we go nuts. I feel sorry for this situation but I'd rather see parents fighting for what they think is justice for their kids than have them shrug and look away. I keep thinking of all those pedophile priests. Where were the parents??
                                Wow, you really got this mixed up. The Church did not want to acknolwedge the wrong-doings of their priests. These parents do not want to acknowledge the wrong-doings of their kids. They would rather blame everyone else.

Unjust? please.... The girls broke the rules. If you don't like the rules, then do what you have to do to change them, but don't call this unjust.

Comment

Working...
                                X