Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be fascinating to know if Coach T was one of the parents attempting to get the injunction...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      She didn't think so, just believed everyone has a responsibility to "volunteer," as you put it, on the team, & didn't mind standing up for what she believed in. I have no doubt but that she will carry her own weight as a senior, and won't expect to subjugate younger players. She just doesn't have that type of make up. Try reading "The Lottery" sometime. Great story about inhumane behavior for the sake of tradition.
      Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery" is a more appropriate analogy of the people harping on this issue than it is is about the players behaviors.

Comment

Sure. A republican would have shot them in the back with bird shot and shut them up.
        Duh! One Republican, but all Democrats think the rules don't apply to them.

Anyway, at least I can say I wasn't responsible for putting Barney back in office.

Comment

The term “hazing” as used in this section and in sections eighteen and nineteen, shall mean any conduct or method of initiation into any student organization, whether on public or private property, which willfully or recklessly endangers the physical or mental health of any student or other person. Such conduct shall include whipping, beating, branding, forced calisthenics, exposure to the weather, forced consumption of any food, liquor, beverage, drug or other substance, or any other brutal treatment or forced physical activity which is likely to adversely affect the physical health or safety of any such student or other person, or which subjects such student or other person to extreme mental stress, including extended deprivation of sleep or rest or extended isolation.

If your father files a complaint, maybe there was "extreme mental stress"?

Comment

The Needham case is clearly some version of hazing, but this post raises an interesting point. Is everything a team might expect new freshman/sophomores to 'volunteer' to do, like gather the balls or grab the flags, now fall into the 'mild hazing' category. Seems like this freshman just had an entitled attitude to me.
            "Hazing" now has a legal definition. I don't think gathering flags fulfills the definition but I think you might argue that dragging someone blindfolded by a leash might. I guess it's up to the DA to decide.

Comment

The term “hazing” as used in this section and in sections eighteen and nineteen, shall mean any conduct or method of initiation into any student organization, whether on public or private property, which willfully or recklessly endangers the physical or mental health of any student or other person. Such conduct shall include whipping, beating, branding, forced calisthenics, exposure to the weather, forced consumption of any food, liquor, beverage, drug or other substance, or any other brutal treatment or forced physical activity which is likely to adversely affect the physical health or safety of any such student or other person, or which subjects such student or other person to extreme mental stress, including extended deprivation of sleep or rest or extended isolation.

If your father files a complaint, maybe there was "extreme mental stress"?

"... according to a complaint filed by T**d D. W***e, the father of one of the students.

W***e asked that the suspensions be lifted and that the students be required to complete 50 hours of community service and participate in an educational seminar on hazing and bullying, but the judge denied the request."

So obviously this parent admitted that his child did engage in the hazing and went to court to make a deal to have his little soccer darling play tonight and get punished later. Great example of good parenting.

Comment

"Hazing" now has a legal definition. I don't think gathering flags fulfills the definition but I think you might argue that dragging someone blindfolded by a leash might. I guess it's up to the DA to decide.
                I don't believe I read anything about blindfolds....

Comment

"... according to a complaint filed by T**d D. W***e, the father of one of the students.

W***e asked that the suspensions be lifted and that the students be required to complete 50 hours of community service and participate in an educational seminar on hazing and bullying, but the judge denied the request."

So obviously this parent admitted that his child did engage in the hazing and went to court to make a deal to have his little soccer darling play tonight and get punished later. Great example of good parenting.
                  Unless you personlly know this man and his family,or were involved in this please be quiet. What should he have done? I am sure that you are such a fine example you can tell us the right way to have handeled this.

Comment

Unless you personlly know this man and his family,or were involved in this please be quiet. What should he have done? I am sure that you are such a fine example you can tell us the right way to have handeled this.
                    Must be one of the Needham parents just getting back from court!

Comment

Co-director of Coach T's Soccer Dynamics camp

Comment

The court room is full of deals being made, so no one should be shocked or upset that deals will be made in this case. I think community service for the players is a great idea. However, I still think they should sit out this game as well. This would make the lesson ever-lasting to them and to others who are considering this kind of behavior. They will always look back and remember how they blew there playoff chances (more so for the seniors) and regret it. Perhaps they may even pass the lesson on to their kids, nephews, and nieces etc etc.
                        These are kids and so a harsher punishment is not necessary.
                        However, if the coach knew anything about it and did nothing to punish those involved or to stop it, then he should be fired.

Comment

How about accepting the fact that her actions were wrong, the suspension warranted and deal with that. Far better than trying to go to court to seek an alternate punishment so your kid could play in a high school soccer game.

This was a great opportunity for a good life lesson. Too bad that at least some of the parents of those involved tried to circumvent that and get their kids on the field anyway.

Comment

Oh man wow. It only gets worse.

Comment

Lovely.

Comment

The court room is full of deals being made, so no one should be shocked or upset that deals will be made in this case. I think community service for the players is a great idea. However, I still think they should sit out this game as well. This would make the lesson ever-lasting to them and to others who are considering this kind of behavior. They will always look back and remember how they blew there playoff chances (more so for the seniors) and regret it. Perhaps they may even pass the lesson on to their kids, nephews, and nieces etc etc.
                                These are kids and so a harsher punishment is not necessary.
                                However, if the coach knew anything about it and did nothing to punish those involved or to stop it, then he should be fired.
                                These kids sill have to see how the MIAA handles this infraction. How long before they will be able to compete in any MIAA sanctioned activity.

Comment

Working...
                                X