This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All teenagers lead a dual existence. The side that they show their parents (based on what they understand their parents want to see in terms of behavior) and the way they really are when their parents aren't watching. The difference in the dual existence obviously will vary from kid to kid but if you think you know everything about what your kid does, thinks, and says you are naive and more importantly not terribly fit to be a parent. Kids are anything but rotten. In fact I like most of the dogs and teenagers more than 98% of the adults that I know.

- Cujo
    Cujo you are full of shiiitae. No one claimed to "know everthing about what our kid does, thinks and says" and even if we did, it would hardly make us unfit to be parents. (Consider what some parents do to their children when you say stuff like that). Why must you paint such a ridiculously broad brush with statements like that? What was said was that a good many of us have raised kind, responsible children. And have worked darn hard at it, I should add. And I might even go so far to say that we know our children pretty well, even if we don't know what they are thinking every second of the day. There is a pretty big difference. You need to grow up and have respect for other people in the world-outside-cujo

Comment

Who cares?
      Bet he does. Think he cares how he reputation will be tarnished, his various business/soccer interests?

Comment

I disagree with you, plain and simple. Prior to WBZ getting involved, everyone at Needham appeared pretty happy with how things were going.
        Can you not read?

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/needh...nsions/?page=2

When you say "everyone at Needham," who exactly are you referring to? Read that article again and tell us when the administrators found out about it.

Stop spreading rumors that are not true. You are one of the ones making this worse for all involved.

Comment

More ...

http://needham.patch.com/articles/ne...azing-policies

Comment

For anyone who knows one of the parents seeking an injunction, give them this copy of the law against hazing since they think being suspended from the playoffs is too harsh.

Chapter 269, Section 17
            Crime of Hazing, Definition, Penalty
            The term hazing as used in this section and in sections eighteen and nineteen, shall
            mean any conduct or method of initiation into any student organization, whether on
            public or private property, which willfully or recklessly endangers the physical or mental
            health of any student or other person. Such conduct shall include whipping, beating,
            branding, forced calisthenics, exposure to the weather, forced consumption of any food,
            liquor, beverage, drug or other substance, or any other brutal treatment or forced
            physical activity which is likely to adversely affect the physical health or safety of any
            such student or person, or which subjects such student or other person to extreme mental
            stress, including extended deprivation of sleep or rest or extended isolation.
            Notwithstanding any other provisions of this section to the contrary, consent shall not be
            available as a defense to any prosecution under this action. Added by St. 1985, c.536;
            amended by St. 1987, c.665.
            Technically that definition could be applied to gym class.

Comment

From the Boston Globe...

“The soccer team has been doing this to new recruits for years,’’ said Sydney Kantoff, a senior who said she was friends with some of the players. “Why did they pick this year to ruin my friends’ lives? I talked to the girls, and they said everyone was laughing. The biggest problem was that one girl got pie on her boots. And guess what? Her teammates bought her a new pair of boots.’’

A new pair of boots will fix anything.

Comment

You would have done what instead?
                How about just plain old community service type work. Clean the town parks or something, of course given the hazing definition, that could be construed as hazing.

Comment

All teenagers lead a dual existence. The side that they show their parents (based on what they understand their parents want to see in terms of behavior) and the way they really are when their parents aren't watching. The difference in the dual existence obviously will vary from kid to kid but if you think you know everything about what your kid does, thinks, and says you are naive and more importantly not terribly fit to be a parent. Kids are anything but rotten. In fact I like most of the dogs and teenagers more than 98% of the adults that I know.

- Cujo
                  Hey Cujo- I don't always agree with you, but your posts in this thread have all been spot on. I also love the line: "In fact I like most of the dogs and teenagers more than 98% of the adults that I know". Thanks for keeping it real.

Comment

From the Boston Globe...

“The soccer team has been doing this to new recruits for years,’’ said Sydney Kantoff, a senior who said she was friends with some of the players. “Why did they pick this year to ruin my friends’ lives? I talked to the girls, and they said everyone was laughing. The biggest problem was that one girl got pie on her boots. And guess what? Her teammates bought her a new pair of boots.’’

A new pair of boots will fix anything.
                    Your point?

Comment

Anyone else feeling that this is becoming tedious?

Comment

Anyone else feeling that this is becoming tedious?
                        Amen! Yes...times have changed..society has changed...progress is good but??????????? Look, I was "hazed" as a sophmore...I went on to be captain my senior year...we're all friends...I know it seems simplistic, but I'm fine...enough already.

Comment

If you think hazing is ok in today's society then I definitely don't think your "fine".

Comment

Who cares?
                            Sincerely,

Coach T.

Comment

Does the fact that Coach T was placed on administrative leave imply that he had some knowledge of the hazing? If he had been totally in the dark, would he have been put on leave?
                              I think it likely one of two things (or perhaps both); he either knew about it and did not report it or he was in the dark but refused to support the level punishment school administration felt necessary. Very unlikely he would have been put on administrative leave if he was in the dark on the incident and supported the punishment. I think it is pretty evident he was not supportive of the punishment as his good and long time friend went to court to fight it. I don't think they go to court if he was in favor of the suspensions.

Comment

Bet he does. Think he cares how he reputation will be tarnished, his various business/soccer interests?
                                Not really. I'm sure he feels badly about the whole thing, but somehow I doubt it's going to make much of an impact to his business interests. If you thought the guy was a good coach before, you'll probably still take your kids there and if you didn't, well then it dosen't make much of a difference any way.

Comment

Working...
                                X