Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSC Coaching slate

Any insight when this drops? Ridiculous this is not mandated to be posted before any IDs/Tryouts but hey at least they are consistent

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Any insight when this drops? Ridiculous this is not mandated to be posted before any IDs/Tryouts but hey at least they are consistent
    Last year they posted mid-April. Also, they don't do ID sessions until May.

Comment

I wouldn’t let my child within 100 foot of a Bethesda coach. Bad humans

Comment

which ones? heard they got rid of the bad ones?

Comment

Screamers all of them

Comment

People who say this can't play at BSC, so no worries keep playing at Rush or Pipeline/Arlington if you think you're an ECNL player, don't even know who you are

Comment

which ones? heard they got rid of the bad ones?
              Toxic masculinity at it's best coaching young girls, which is shocking at this point in any atmosphere-if your kid doesn't like being berated or yelled at-stay far far away. This has nothing to do with skill or being an ECNL player.

Comment

It is certainly a results oriented atmosphere that requires a healthy amount of thick skin. The girls who learn how to handle this will develop as players, others will go elsewhere to find the right fit.

Comment

It is certainly a results oriented atmosphere that requires a healthy amount of thick skin. The girls who learn how to handle this will develop as players, others will go elsewhere to find the right fit.
                  Finally someone with a real response. Yes, agreed the environment is not for everyone. In terms of player development and being coached in a way that is more reflective of professional enviorments, it can be hard to digest with a teenage DD but if they can learn to filter out the nonsense and embrace the helpful stuff they will and have grown from my perspective. Any success stories of poeple who couldn't handle it at BSC? Where did you go? Any regrets? Lots of options in this area, find the the best one for your kid, anonymous club bashing helps no one. Say your name and where you currently play if you feel the need to bash,

Comment

It’s not about having thick skin. It’s abuse. Any father who allows his daughter to play in their toxic culture is teaching his daughter that it is ok for men to belittle and verbally abuse you.

Comment

It’s not about having thick skin. It’s abuse. Any father who allows his daughter to play in their toxic culture is teaching his daughter that it is ok for men to belittle and verbally abuse you.
                      This is why are kids are so fragile becuase of bitchass parents like you

Comment

Let the abuse continue...? KL to coah the two youngest ECNL groups at BSC 10's and 11's next season, thoughts?

Comment

Let the abuse continue...? KL to coah the two youngest ECNL groups at BSC 10's and 11's next season, thoughts?
                          Where do you see that?

Comment

New to the area and doing some due research for my daughter. Looking at MD and VA clubs. On the Bethesda site it says Kevin Layton played at Towson. However, there is nothing online that says that except in the Bethesda bio. Anybody know about this guy? It’s weird, all the negativity around these coaches, and there’s no professional social media footprint for most of them. Would love any feedback. We need to make a decision soon.

Comment

New to the area and doing some due research for my daughter. Looking at MD and VA clubs. On the Bethesda site it says Kevin Layton played at Towson. However, there is nothing online that says that except in the Bethesda bio. Anybody know about this guy? It’s weird, all the negativity around these coaches, and there’s no professional social media footprint for most of them. Would love any feedback. We need to make a decision soon.
                              I would suggest you ask to come out to a training and see what it's like for any club as well as a game if you can. Coaches during practice can be different then trainings. The coaches are changing next year, so if the team your daughter's age group right now has a different coach, see if you can observe a practice with that coach. Good luck-the coaches at BSC are not for everyone....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X