Bethesda 2010

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If top players leave are they going to VA (Union I assume) or north Baltimore clubs (Pipeline?) anywhere else...?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      If top players leave are they going to VA (Union I assume) or north Baltimore clubs (Pipeline?) anywhere else...?
      Pipeline is pretty far for most on that team. Probably a VA team, maybe Arlington. But even that is short sighted since VA and MD have alternate high school seasons. Doesn’t make sense to live in MD and play club in VA once in high school. I doubt any top players leave that team.

Comment

There are many girls leaving Bethesda in HS and going to play in VA. Not everyone wants to play HS soccer. VA has the closest clubs.

Comment

If the Bathesda 2010 team is so good, why did they lose the final of Jefferson Cup to a club that no one knows or even heard about?

Comment

If the Bathesda 2010 team is so good, why did they lose the final of Jefferson Cup to a club that no one knows or even heard about?
            That team from Florida was a good team, one of the better 2010 teams we have seen. A team is a team and if they are better on the day congrats to them. They had to do something right, they got to the final and won.

Comment

Lol, the Florida Premier team is one of the best 2010 squads in the country! It may just be you that knows nothing about them.

Comment

Did they win today?

Comment

Team is struggling with incorporating new players to field an 11v11 team for U-13 season. Balled out at WAGS because team played the way coaches wanted. Lost again in PA to Bucks reverting back to old style of direct football, not utilizing width etc... Parents, like usual, are the problem thinking that the style of play they had a ton of success with playing 9v9 should still work 11v11. It won't, but they insist despite coaches wanting to play possession style, parents just want the ball rammed up the middle to two very talented players, it works against mediocre teams, but obviously doesn't work against disciplined teams who game plan to clog the middle. Teams need more than 2 players to succeed in 11v11, surprise, surprise! They still have elite talent in their core group, but problem is too many big egos attached to mediocre players being fed by unrealistic parents. This team will continue to struggle as long as parents have a say into who is playing and who to pass the ball too on the field. Saw it first hand this weekend. Yes that is happening....ridiculous but true. For our sake I hope they don't figure it out anytime soon LOL!! PA all day!

Comment

Team is struggling? They have beaten VDA, Fairfax Brave, Loudoun, VA Union, Pipeline and MD United. They have won 10 games, lost two 1 goal games, and have 1 tie. Sounds like things are going well and they play a nice style. Seems like they are the top team currently in the DMV based on these results.

Comment

There are many girls leaving Bethesda in HS and going to play in VA. Not everyone wants to play HS soccer. VA has the closest clubs.
                      Big mistake. VA girls play hs in spring and md girls will realize that less than 10 players will show up per practice during spring. Also, there will be a lack of games.

Comment

Agree but not everyone wants to play high school. High School soccer in Virginia isn’t as highly valued as in Maryland. Spring will be very interesting for Bethesda. The 10s will continue to do well. I think the biggest problem at Bethesda has been turnover in coaching and management. Hopefully everyone can be on the same page soon.

Comment

Agree but not everyone wants to play high school. High School soccer in Virginia isn’t as highly valued as in Maryland. Spring will be very interesting for Bethesda. The 10s will continue to do well. I think the biggest problem at Bethesda has been turnover in coaching and management. Hopefully everyone can be on the same page soon.
                          I understand that not everyone wants to play high school and I don't blame them. I questioned that hs soccer it's not as highly valued in VA. Maybe you're on a team where players don't value it but the VA teams my kids have been on values it. I can tell you that VA club teams has an issue that only VA parents know about but won't discuss. Private school kids' hs season is in the fall. These kids play and practice with their hs teams in the fall season so they generally show up to their club training sessions only to watch in order to manage their load. I don't know many private school kids that don't play for their school. They don't actively participate in practice. Then when spring comes, the VA public school kids skip practice and the team never becomes a cohesive unit. Pretty much what happens is your Maryland player who doesn't want to play hs who goes to VA ends up on team that doesn't have 100% participation in the fall hs and spring hs season. If you can find a team with players who definitely won't play hs then yeah, go for it. I strongly suggest anyone thinking about going to a VA club to go and check out practices during fall hs season and spring hs season. You will see for yourselves.

Comment

I understand that not everyone wants to play high school and I don't blame them. I questioned that hs soccer it's not as highly valued in VA. Maybe you're on a team where players don't value it but the VA teams my kids have been on values it. I can tell you that VA club teams has an issue that only VA parents know about but won't discuss. Private school kids' hs season is in the fall. These kids play and practice with their hs teams in the fall season so they generally show up to their club training sessions only to watch in order to manage their load. I don't know many private school kids that don't play for their school. They don't actively participate in practice. Then when spring comes, the VA public school kids skip practice and the team never becomes a cohesive unit. Pretty much what happens is your Maryland player who doesn't want to play hs who goes to VA ends up on team that doesn't have 100% participation in the fall hs and spring hs season. If you can find a team with players who definitely won't play hs then yeah, go for it. I strongly suggest anyone thinking about going to a VA club to go and check out practices during fall hs season and spring hs season. You will see for yourselves.
                            Just to add, VA public school hs players generally will miss more club practices because there are no ECNL league games in the spring.

Comment

I would not say that hs soccer in Maryland is highly valued. Kids like the friendships that they more than the actual soccer.

Comment

Bethesda girls side is an absolute disaster. So much discontent within the teams that are overseen by KL. Rumor is once his 06s are committed, he’s out. If that is true, nothing would be better for the club.

QUOTE=Guest;n4402287]Agree but not everyone wants to play high school. High School soccer in Virginia isn’t as highly valued as in Maryland. Spring will be very interesting for Bethesda. The 10s will continue to do well. I think the biggest problem at Bethesda has been turnover in coaching and management. Hopefully everyone can be on the same page soon.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X