Fsa 2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FSA 2008 parents that think their kids are college bound should take a closer llok at FSAs commit list. The boys list is particularly anemic. There's plenty of girls listed who aren't on rosters. Reality.

​​​​​​http://www.fsafcunited.com/Page.asp?...safcunited.com

Comment

I’m sure there are many clubs kids playing college soccer that don’t end up on a commit list. All these stupid parents that are so damn obsessed with their kids playing D1 soccer. Would you really rather have your kid go play D1 soccer at a mediocre school like CCSU or D3 soccer at a standout academic school? If you decide on a school like CCSU you are a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        I’m sure there are many clubs kids playing college soccer that don’t end up on a commit list. All these stupid parents that are so damn obsessed with their kids playing D1 soccer. Would you really rather have your kid go play D1 soccer at a mediocre school like CCSU or D3 soccer at a standout academic school? If you decide on a school like CCSU you are a moron.
        ECNL is supposed to provide a "pathway", same with GAL or MLS. Many of the weaker clubs in those leagues can't get all their players committed - for a reason. Seriously if you're an average B team players in a pricey B/C league, staying local may very well net you the same results.

Academics are (should be) separate. That is where players should start first before targeting soccer programs, not the other way around. That said, CCSU might be the perfect academic fit for some players. Not every soccer player has the chops for top academic schools. It's easy to judge - and believe me I've seen some head scratchers - but unless you know each players circumstances, academics, finances, soccer fit then you're just making assumptions that may or may not be true.

Comment

Completely disagree. Every kid should choose where they would like to go to college. You then have to be able to get in, afford it, and succeed at it. CCSU has great coaches with an affordable education. It shouldn’t be about what YOU want for prestige to brag about at work. Not everyone has the grades or bank accounts to afford top D1 or D3 schools. Be happy that the kid is continuing their soccer career while getting the education that’s right for them. Stop judging everyone and try cheering them on instead.

Comment

Completely disagree. Every kid should choose where they would like to go to college. You then have to be able to get in, afford it, and succeed at it. CCSU has great coaches with an affordable education. It shouldn’t be about what YOU want for prestige to brag about at work. Not everyone has the grades or bank accounts to afford top D1 or D3 schools. Be happy that the kid is continuing their soccer career while getting the education that’s right for them. Stop judging everyone and try cheering them on instead.
            It’s the same argument. Too many people choose a mediocre school like CCSU only because it’s D1. They want to tell their friends they are playing D1, or the parents want to brag their kid is playing D1. Some will be embarrassed to say they are playing D3, even though the academics at a D3 could be far superior to a D1 school. You see that crap on this forum all the time, making fun of kids or parents for playing D3. Who cares, if they are playing college soccer good for them.

Comment

Is it though? Did Sal or Sue tell you that? hahaha .... What a joke FSA B teams are .... regularly beaten by the Vales, Sportings, and Sheltons of the world (for the record, CFC B teams are no different).
              Someday people will come to realize there just aren't enough quality players in our small state to fill out all these rosters. It's absurd and unfair to families and kids. The myth of "club/premier soccer is SO GOOD" needs to die. I've been shocked at just how awful so many of these expensive teams are. Just bad, bad soccer. Boys and girls, across clubs, at all ages. (Excepting the top few teams.)

Comment

Someday people will come to realize there just aren't enough quality players in our small state to fill out all these rosters. It's absurd and unfair to families and kids. The myth of "club/premier soccer is SO GOOD" needs to die. I've been shocked at just how awful so many of these expensive teams are. Just bad, bad soccer. Boys and girls, across clubs, at all ages. (Excepting the top few teams.)
                Unfortunately, this is the truth. Years (decades) ago, being on a premier program meant something. Now it means very very little, even the so-called high end teams are populated with players who are marginal at best. It's a money train for a few club owners, and that's all it is.

Coach Juice.

Comment

It’s the same argument. Too many people choose a mediocre school like CCSU only because it’s D1. They want to tell their friends they are playing D1, or the parents want to brag their kid is playing D1. Some will be embarrassed to say they are playing D3, even though the academics at a D3 could be far superior to a D1 school. You see that crap on this forum all the time, making fun of kids or parents for playing D3. Who cares, if they are playing college soccer good for them.
                  This I completely agree with. Choose what’s best for you for the right reasons. Ignore what all these trolls have to say.

Comment

Familes don't do their homework +
                    They vastly over estimate their kids actual abilities +
                    There's elite spot for everyone!!!

= today's soccer landscape

^ this is true all over not just in CT

Comment

Familes don't do their homework +
                      They vastly over estimate their kids actual abilities +
                      There's elite spot for everyone!!!

= today's soccer landscape

^ this is true all over not just in CT
                      I guess, in the end, it's kind of funny. "A fool and his money" and all that. And I DO still believe that the truly top kids do wind up where they should be, assuming their family can support it (MASSIVE assumption, I know.) And heck, the really good kids do too. It's the other 90% that are sadly funny.

Comment

And FSA falls to Stars White today 2-1. Even with a brand new team they can't get it done.

I will say that I like that after a game the FSA team runs to the sideline to say thank you to parents. Today however, the parents all left. So when the team ran over, only the Stars parents were there to greet them. Stars did clap and congratulate them, in the absence of their poor sport parents. Way too lead by example FSA.

Comment

That’s because those 08 parents are the worst. They all talk about each other’s kids. It’s the worst form of team unity you could have. No wonder why that team can’t ever win.

Comment

and how many actually play in college? that's the real test. probably not many from any of those lineups are impact players in college.
                            Yeah, FSA and CFC B teams are lighting up the college world! hahahaha .... what a joke!

Comment

That’s because those 08 parents are the worst. They all talk about each other’s kids. It’s the worst form of team unity you could have. No wonder why that team can’t ever win.

I should have added, which FSA ECNL kids are lighting up the field at places other than CCSU?!

Comment

And FSA falls to Stars White today 2-1. Even with a brand new team they can't get it done.

I will say that I like that after a game the FSA team runs to the sideline to say thank you to parents. Today however, the parents all left. So when the team ran over, only the Stars parents were there to greet them. Stars did clap and congratulate them, in the absence of their poor sport parents. Way too lead by example FSA.
                                Wasn’t there, but this is funny in its non-sensical fantasy. If all the parents from FSA left, how would all the little 13 year olds go home? Walk? Team bus? Teleport? Nice try.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X