Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Sure, if you don't mind teaching Phys Ed courses and running clinics to supplement your coaching salary. You aren't getting rich coaching D3 soccer.
    You also have a light winter amd spring leaving more time for other things. That also provides a better work/life/family balance

Comment

NESCAC schools pay more than any D1 job in CT except for the state schools. And except for UConn, it’s close.
      Ok that's NESCAC, which charge some of the highest tuitions

Comment

Too bad MR isn’t also.

Comment

So has anyone heard of any interviews yet? I can think of a couple alums who would likely be interested. Or would UConn be interested in trying to lure a perennial power's manager who would make a big splash, initially anyway.

Comment

MANY head coaches at current programs. A couple of locals.

Comment

Announcing soon.

Comment

I got the job!!!!

Comment

Anytime I read "Ray Reid protégé" in a coach's bio, I get a sinking feeling.

Comment

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1330500903519055873/tBWpBSJE_bigger.jpg

New England Soccer Journal

@NESoccerJournal

·
                    36m

" Chris Gbandi is leaving Northeastern to be the new men's head coach @UConnMSOC
                    , where he also starred as a player. He led NU to an excellent 2021 season."

Comment

UConn—“Our alums can’t get jobs anywhere else so we hire them.” They couldn’t have gotten the guy from New Hampshire? Guy had 4 losing seasons in 5 years at Northeastern (if you don’t include the winless 2020 season). 11-6-2 this year and a first round exit in the CAA tournament. Seriously? UConn AD has lost the plot.

Comment

This. UConn needs to cut all strings with anything even remotely associated with RR.

Comment

what a blah hiring. Ugh.

Comment

UConn—“Our alums can’t get jobs anywhere else so we hire them.” They couldn’t have gotten the guy from New Hampshire? Guy had 4 losing seasons in 5 years at Northeastern (if you don’t include the winless 2020 season). 11-6-2 this year and a first round exit in the CAA tournament. Seriously? UConn AD has lost the plot.
                            He'd probably have been fired by Northeastern if he didn't have a winning record this season, and he's parlayed one decent season into the UConn job. Dude just won the coaching lottery.

Comment

And NE is a much higher demand school in a great city. UCONN+Storrs are a tougher sell

Comment

He'd probably have been fired by Northeastern if he didn't have a winning record this season, and he's parlayed one decent season into the UConn job. Dude just won the coaching lottery.
                                Career head coaching record 21 wins, 46 loses. good grief. UConn AD is lost

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X