Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My NJ team is scheduled to play a team from "EDP CT Championship League I" Team ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    And thinking fsa tourneys are the same is also ridiculous. Fsa ecnl usually doesn’t even play in their own tourney and no other ecnl teams come. That ends up being a ct state league tourney. Jeff cup top few brackets are the same. Jeff cup is also a mix of top edp ga and ecnl in the top brackets. That is also a test of your edp team. If your edp team is going and competing in Susa Jeff cup and pda upper brackets you will get decent exposure. If you are at edp showcases or the needham Memorial Day tourney you won’t. At those tourneys or even the Oakwood and fsa tourney you will be wondering where all the coaches from their “list” are. Susa Jeff cup and pda will have dozens of coaches watching every game
    There is a reason ECNL and GA try to avoid playing the riff raff ... and it is NOT because they need better competition. While it is easier to one-stop shop at ECNL and GA events, dont think for a second that there are not a lot of really good players outside of those leagues and dont think for a second that those leagues have a high bar that DQs bad players from entering. There are plenty of good teams and players outside of ECNL and GA and those leagues contain boatloads of really bad clubs, teams, and players. They have lowered the bar tremendously since the beginning of GDAP by allowing far too many clubs and teams to parade as elite and the whole youth soccer scene in the US is paying the price and continues to play the price.

Comment

Ct leagues are the edp state leagues. So not they are not near the top league. The top edp teams play usys New England conference.
      thanks, I would agree, but not at U12.

NOT TO YOU, but I am glad to see there are the same type of jerks in the CT board as there are in the NJ Board (maybe the same jerks that have no lives and this is what they do for "social interaction")

Comment

NOT TO YOU, but I am glad to see there are the same type of jerks in the CT board as there are in the NJ Board (maybe the same jerks that have no lives and this is what they do for "social interaction")
        I was going to make that comment a few days ago when you (NJ person) was aghast at the @holes here. It's the same on every active TS board.

Comment

And LOL to the guy that mentioned DPL. Seriously. DPL is awful. DPL offered edp clubs cheap fees to move over. Some did Nothing but weak clubs and B teams there. Pretending that is a real thing is hilarious. All the jumping is ridiculous. If the next tier of clubs just all stayed in one place things would be so much better. The bouncing around looking for greener grass ruins it. After ecnl and da only your club matters. Whether you drift to EDP DPL or whatever is left of NPL doesn't matter. If your club isn't at least going to large events and playing high brackets at Jeff Cup, Susa, and PDA etc your club is travel soccer. Nothing wrong with that but it is what is it. The league play will be secondary because any good team will dominate any of those leagues. Doesnt matter which one. The depth isnt there in those leagues. You will still see national level EDP clubs playing high brackets at big events. You wont see any dpl anywhere near the top brackets. Or ecrl.

Comment

Just looked at the Jeff Cup brackets. Only CT clubs that send teams are CFC United, Yankee, and CT Rush Select. Honestly that us about all there is to say about CT clubs. Skipping that event if you have kids that want to play college is ridiculous. Same with Susa and PDA. No one but those teams above go to those events. Not surprising that those clubs get better in HS and dont fall apart. The Ginga, Sportings Vale etc...are travel clubs that break down in HS. That will never change They don't even try to compete with the big boys. Parents eventually realize that local "college showcases" are basically frauds with almost no actual coaches present.

Comment

Just looked at the Jeff Cup brackets. Only CT clubs that send teams are CFC United, Yankee, and CT Rush Select. Honestly that us about all there is to say about CT clubs. Skipping that event if you have kids that want to play college is ridiculous. Same with Susa and PDA. No one but those teams above go to those events. Not surprising that those clubs get better in HS and dont fall apart. The Ginga, Sportings Vale etc...are travel clubs that break down in HS. That will never change They don't even try to compete with the big boys. Parents eventually realize that local "college showcases" are basically frauds with almost no actual coaches present.
              Many ECNL teams skip Jeff Cup because they get much better exposure at ECNL events. Jeff Cup is still good, but not like it used to be both in terms of quality and coach attendance.

That said, if you're not in GA or ECNL it's probably the best event east of the Mississippi. Clubs like YU or anyone else should be there.

Comment

Agreed the ecnl teams don’t necessarily an event like Jeff cup. Normal ecnl events will get plenty of exposure. Da events are not attended like they used to be. Tons of da teams hit Jeff cup. And 20 or so ecnl teams also play. susa had a bunch of ecnl teams too. So you can’t really knock an ecnl team for not playing these type events. But if your edp club is skipping these events you should shop for a new club. You can’t get better exposure as a non patch club.

Comment

The big boys do not like to play many of the others because there is a fear that the game will be close and dispel the illusion. Again, ask FSA and OW why their amazing teams fear playing in state teams. As for the Jeff Cup schedules you are seeing, are you talking about the girls and boys weekends this weekend and next? Why would anyone drive or fly that far for non-recruiting years? Why dont they just play tournaments in Europ and South America then? Arent they good enough?! You're very stupid! There is no need to waste money for these younger ages like this. On top of that, most kids attend school within 2 hours of their home anyway. Perhaps the Gingas, Sportings, and Vales of the world are not as stupid as you (think). It's amazing that you are so right and everyone else is wrong. Keep shelling out the cash now .... can't wait until your kid ends up riding the pine at Bridgewater State.

Comment

Lol. Obviously I am talking about recruiting year teams genius. And recruiting year clubs go to Susa and Jeff cup because there are loads of coaches that interact with players. But you need a legit competitive team to hang in a good bracket down there. Good luck at the needham Memorial Day “showcase”. Try not to be too confused when you don’t see a single coach and no one from the team gets any contacts. And don’t be too confused when your team breaks up by sophomore year in hs. And if you are still in ulittle world relax no one pays attention to those teams

Comment

nope, CT is traveling to NJ for a tournament. From your response (and the one above), I guess that is all I need to know about people from CT.
                      I guess from your question asking how good an out of state U12 team is tells me all about the people from NJ. U freaking 12…. ‍♀️

Comment

I guess from your question asking how good an out of state U12 team is tells me all about the people from NJ. U freaking 12…. ‍♀️
                        And his kid is a cone… he’s going to be a conference snob!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X