Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prospect Dynamos and other Town Level Premier

My son is looking for additional competitive options for soccer and heard that some towns had premier programs. My son has played town for the past few years and heard that there are programs in between the more competitive premier clubs. Is this true - does anyone have any experience with this at the U-14 level? Is this worthwhile? He’s not going pro or signing a college scholarship - he wants more of a challenge and to be with kids that love the sport.

May I suggest badminton

Comment

In thst area both Prospect and Cheshire have good premier programs, only problem is teams tend to get thin on talent in high school years.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        May I suggest badminton
        In every crowd, there is a douc&$bag

Comment

In every crowd, there is a douc&$bag
          Fine then lacrosse it is

Comment

Try sporting if he's any good

Comment

My son is looking for additional competitive options for soccer and heard that some towns had premier programs. My son has played town for the past few years and heard that there are programs in between the more competitive premier clubs. Is this true - does anyone have any experience with this at the U-14 level? Is this worthwhile? He’s not going pro or signing a college scholarship - he wants more of a challenge and to be with kids that love the sport.
              Some towns have premier teams, some decent and certainly a better price value than traditional clubs. The problem you may face is at that age and going into high school a lot of teams fall apart. Better players move up the ladder, some kids decide to focus on other sports etc and that's all it takes for a team collapse. I'm not sure where all of them play but some definitely play in EDP. There may be other EDP clubs that are a fit for him as well. Look over the brackets in his age group for ideas

Comment

Some towns have premier teams, some decent and certainly a better price value than traditional clubs. The problem you may face is at that age and going into high school a lot of teams fall apart. Better players move up the ladder, some kids decide to focus on other sports etc and that's all it takes for a team collapse. I'm not sure where all of them play but some definitely play in EDP. There may be other EDP clubs that are a fit for him as well. Look over the brackets in his age group for ideas
                my kid is a 2006 boy, so I've kept an eye on that age group over the years. Both Prospect and Cheshire lost so many kids on the 2006 teams that they both had to create a combined age team of 05/06s. Definitely a cautionary tale of what can happen.

Comment

its funny that the same person starts this thread every year, and still cant get the name of the club right

Comment

its funny that the same person starts this thread every year, and still cant get the name of the club right
                    let’s be real…..it’s town travel…..hardly enough substance to call it a club of any consideration.

Comment

let’s be real…..it’s town travel…..hardly enough substance to call it a club of any consideration.
                      I'm not the one coming here to trash the entity (is that word ok?) but unable to get the name right

Comment

it's really just TravelPlus. Just like Sporting, Vale, Ginga, CFC branches, FSA B teams, etc, etc, etc.

Comment

it's really just TravelPlus. Just like Sporting, Vale, Ginga, CFC branches, FSA B teams, etc, etc, etc.
                          All ECRL, OW, half of CFCU teams ... really just travel+

Comment

All ECRL, OW, half of CFCU teams ... really just travel+
                            Haha, idiot.

Comment

Haha, idiot.
                              Their opinion is pretty sound. Open your eyes and ignore you current poor decision.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X