Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oakwood or FSA

which is a better choice? Oakwood GA or FSA ECNL? CFC United not an option.

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    which is a better choice? Oakwood GA or FSA ECNL? CFC United not an option.
    Honestly? Then save your money and play at a club close to you. Neither is a great choice. FSA never was once they merged with S+ and OW's was also severely compromised once they dealt with the GDAP/GAL devil. They were better off in NPL for their girls teams.

Comment

Honestly? Then save your money and play at a club close to you. Neither is a great choice. FSA never was once they merged with S+ and OW's was also severely compromised once they dealt with the GDAP/GAL devil. They were better off in NPL for their girls teams.
      Both are close to us. That’s why I’m asking. I don’t want to travel.

Comment

Boys or girls?

Comment

Boys or girls?
          Also, which age group?

Comment

Where do you live? Honestly, if you don't want to travel, then ECNL is not a good fit. Plus, if girls team, then you might as well just burn your money because neither club is strong. There are other clubs that stay more local, develop players better, and might be an overall better fit.

Comment

Where do you live? Honestly, if you don't want to travel, then ECNL is not a good fit. Plus, if girls team, then you might as well just burn your money because neither club is strong. There are other clubs that stay more local, develop players better, and might be an overall better fit.
              Every league travels. Even the EDP league in Connecticut has travel involved. I think the poster meant they want to stay as close to home as possible.

Comment

stay away from OW is you have a daughter. its a complete dumpster fire right now.

Comment

stay away from OW is you have a daughter. its a complete dumpster fire right now.
                  In what way? Can you provide specific information?

Comment

Oakwood travels to NC California next year and could go to California twice. FSA goes to SC maybe Washington State and Florida. That is top of league games where at least two weekends you need to stay over

Comment

if it's a girl, neither club is a great choice. Especially if a younger kid, you might want to look into Sporting (it seems like they'd be a good geographic fit) because they're at least good at development, however the hs age teams there are very spotty.

Comment

I'd say go to Ginga for a couple years and then jump to GA/ECNL if you feel it is worth it.

Comment

Every league travels. Even the EDP league in Connecticut has travel involved. I think the poster meant they want to stay as close to home as possible.
                          Yes, of course, but more games will be out of state for ECNL and GAL. Most other clubs play in state. As they get older (or some of the younger groups too now), and depending on what league the team plays in (EDP, DPL, NESCL), they could be traveling to other Northeast states.

Comment

Most of the posters here don't know crap. Telling you to go to Sporting, Ginga or Vale? What a joke! Most of the folks on here hate FSA because they are CFC loonies. From my own experience, my D has improved tremendously and her team routinely crushes CFC (both top teams). Plus that doesn't even matter. Player development has more to do with the player than the Club. Don't listen to these idiots.

Comment

Most of the posters here don't know crap. Telling you to go to Sporting, Ginga or Vale? What a joke! Most of the folks on here hate FSA because they are CFC loonies. From my own experience, my D has improved tremendously and her team routinely crushes CFC (both top teams). Plus that doesn't even matter. Player development has more to do with the player than the Club. Don't listen to these idiots.
                              FSA is a wasteland on the girls side.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X