Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

You’re correct, but good highlights are typically the hook. If they like the highlights they’ll want more full game footage, especially if the college isn’t geographically close by. With the exception of national showcases, most coaches aren’t traveling any long distance to watch games. This isn’t football or basketball.
    They invite you to their ID events at $150 and up lol

Comment

How do you video kids soccer games? Do you do it? Why some parents do it? What is the best equipment? Anything related is appreciated!
      In terms of a step up from a traditional iPhone//iPad/video camera with many memory cards, the Veo is the next step. It’s a robot camera that records both sides of the field at once and stitched together the match with software afterwards. A bit pricey and a bit bulky to setup, but the output is outstanding. I have seen it best for coaches who want to review the game afterwards, and also families thst can’t make the games.

HUDL is coming out with a similar solution but is backordered. In a few years HUDL will be the way to go IMO. For now, Veo

Comment

I bought a dji pocket 2 earlier this year but only used it a couple of times. Recently I decide to use it to film kids game with a backpack clip to mount it so that I could enjoy the game while recording the game at the same time. Cannot wait to try it this weekend.

https://www.adorama.com/djipockt2cca...ce=adl-gbase-p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttCW20ZO2Dg

Comment

I am genuinely amazed at people who can use their phones to capture video. I try and end up watching video of the ground, sky and generally anything there besides the actual game.
          You just need a tripod and something like this https://www.amazon.com/ULANZI-ST-06S.../dp/B09CY8MC2R

Comment

My kids both aged out and I only wish I had any video of them playing. Both loved the game but were never going to play in college, so we never put together videos for them. Serious regret on that.

Comment

I use a standard Panasonic digital camcorder I got from a pawn shop and a tripod. I'm an assistant coach but rarely does anyone on the team see it. I make highlights of my kids set to music of their choosing and put it on my YouTube channel. They love it and it'll be there online long after I'm gone.

Comment

I use a standard Panasonic digital camcorder I got from a pawn shop and a tripod. I'm an assistant coach but rarely does anyone on the team see it. I make highlights of my kids set to music of their choosing and put it on my YouTube channel. They love it and it'll be there online long after I'm gone.
                Old school - I love it! As freshman in HS, we all had to take a turn in the press box filming the game in addition to ball boy duty. I thoroughly enjoyed that role offering my own commentary and playing the chorus of “hey man nice shot” via my Walkman into the camcorder speaker when our upper classmates scored.

Comment

Is ecnl bow doing video? I saw they announced some hudl partnership a few weeks ago. My oldests DA club used it and it was pretty good.

Comment

Phone. Works just fine.

Comment

Is ecnl bow doing video? I saw they announced some hudl partnership a few weeks ago. My oldests DA club used it and it was pretty good.
                      What is ecnl bow?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X