Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should FSA lose their ECNL Badge for the Girls side, just have 1 state ECNL in CT?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should FSA lose their ECNL Badge for the Girls side, just have 1 state ECNL in CT?

Not understanding how a club can perform so poorly and still be called "ECNL material?"

I agree. Joke. They’ll be kicked out soon.

Comment

CFC does not fare much better. Both clubs struggle in ECNL. That is just the nature of being in a small, New England state. Lots of indoor soccer in the Winter and mostly suburban, rich kids. I agree that CT should only have 1 ECNL (and one Boys Academy) team. Most likely won't happen though. If ECNL were to go to one ECNL team in CT it would make sense to toss CFC. They are a marginally better club from a soccer standpoint but FSA has far superior facilities and central location. Bethany is an absolute nightmare to get to and the facilities are average.

Comment

That response clearly from
        someone at fsa may be the most ridiculous post on here in a while. Fsa came in last in almost every single
        division And got outscored by ridiculous margins. CFC won multiple titles. And FSA is centrally located ? Really? Fairfield county kids are going to drive to Farmington?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          CFC does not fare much better. Both clubs struggle in ECNL. That is just the nature of being in a small, New England state. Lots of indoor soccer in the Winter and mostly suburban, rich kids. I agree that CT should only have 1 ECNL (and one Boys Academy) team. Most likely won't happen though. If ECNL were to go to one ECNL team in CT it would make sense to toss CFC. They are a marginally better club from a soccer standpoint but FSA has far superior facilities and central location. Bethany is an absolute nightmare to get to and the facilities are average.
          I beg to differ - Bethany is not particularly difficult to get to. Do you need directions?

Coach Juice

Comment

someone at fsa may be the most ridiculous post on here in a while. Fsa came in last in almost every single
            division And got outscored by ridiculous margins. CFC won multiple titles. And FSA is centrally located ? Really? Fairfield county kids are going to drive to Farmington?
            CFC Won Multiple Titles .... in the CFC Columbus Day Tournament.

Comment

I have no issue with CT having two teams but I think that they (and Oakwood) are all too close together.

Perhaps they should have taken FSA's badge and given it to NYSC when they applied. They are pretty convenient to much of CT and already have lot of kids from there.

Comment

I have no issue with CT having two teams but I think that they (and Oakwood) are all too close together.

Perhaps they should have taken FSA's badge and given it to NYSC when they applied. They are pretty convenient to much of CT and already have lot of kids from there.
                Too close to CFC territory. FSA location makes more sense geographically, more in between NY and MA clubs. Location isn't the problem it's club management and coaching

Comment

This is laughable. FSA only had one team that didn't finish at the bottom of every age bracket. They've gone downhill since they bought S+ and that was already and badly underperforming club

Comment

No, Fairfield County kids can go to one of several ECNL teams just over the NY border. Lot easier than Bethany or Farmington. Leaves rest of CT and parts of MA for FSA. CFC had 2 teams that did well last year and that is great for CT and we should be proud of that accomplishment. However, if you look at the teams over the last several years both CFC and FSA have been poor at all ages. CT just does not have the numbers to produce the necessary depth of quality. One team in CT should suffice and don't get rid of the club with the marquee facilities. No one outside of CT cares about CFC.

Comment

Again, don't take FSA out of the equation. If NYSC were given ECNL take it from CFC. Lot of kids from CT already travel there. Geographically makes so much more sense. Gives more distance to pool players from. FSA also draws kids from Central and Western, MA. You only need one ECNL team in CT and then they will actually compete consistently at that level.

Comment

Oakwood should be in ECNL over FSA. They pull players from Hartford county and MA. All FSA has going for them are their facilities.

Comment

CFC boys to lose their badge?

Comment

CFC and FSA are less than a 40 minute drive from each other and with CFC having a much better reputation, FSA always struggles for players. They have superior facilities but its a tough hole to dig out of. They need at least one or two really good teams to get going in the right direction.

Comment

CFC boys to lose their badge?
                              Why? their teams have done ok, certainly better than FSA girls teams have. Plus ECNL Boys isn't at a place to start getting rid of clubs. Girls is much larger, too large, and needs some trimming

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X