This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let the clubs bet stronger and play year around. ECNL or not, better to have them train club year around. HS soccer kills the game...
    kills the game? hardly. besides what you and ussf don't seem to comprehend is many girls won't be willing to give up hs soccer for all year long GDA. they have a different end game in mind - college - and don't care about bettering us soccer/wnt, just bettering their own prospects. the ones who want to play all year will be able to with gda. problem solved right?

Comment

kills the game? hardly. besides what you and ussf don't seem to comprehend is many girls won't be willing to give up hs soccer for all year long GDA. they have a different end game in mind - college - and don't care about bettering us soccer/wnt, just bettering their own prospects. the ones who want to play all year will be able to with gda. problem solved right?
      High school is three months out of the year. If the high school team or coach aren't great, then the girls don't care much about it. It's all situational. Many girls will choose to give up high school soccer to have more time to focus on their academies and training at a higher level in a DA.

Comment

It's HS soccer folks!!! It's not about playing in college (Club soccer, i.e. ECNL, R3PL, etc. will take care of the recruitment), it's about playing for your school, playing with your friends and making memories - Senior Night, etc. Most leagues break for HS anyway so give it a rest, let the girls play HS, have fun and get away from the stress and competition (and the crazy parents) for a few months. After all, very few girls/players will make soccer a career and you can't get back the most important times/memories as those made in HS!!! Just relax everyone - all will be okay!!!
        Great Post! My daughter will play HS and in a Top Travel League. We will not miss out on representing her HS. She is very excited for HS season to start.

Comment

Great Post! My daughter will play HS and in a Top Travel League. We will not miss out on representing her HS. She is very excited for HS season to start.
          Same for mine... She already said that she is playing HS next year (senior year) and will not do GDA if no HS soccer rule is applied (our club got GDA)

Comment

Most feel this way, however if they are playing at a 2A high school that loses then the players don't want to play high school over GDA. Survey and the polls are very different depending on the high school.

Comment

The only crazy parents are the ones who will push their daughters into GDA
              Ok why is GDA bad and why are they crazy.

Comment

Hey every family must pick their path for their daughter no way is wrong. College soccer is tough road. Its a commitment a job. Playing any college sport is tough. I hope every one of these girls are ready if they were top dog on their team guess what every girls at next level was top dog on there team. You better be in shape coming in better have it between your ears. If not will be long 4 years.

Comment

GDA in south florida will consist of playing the same 4-6 teams and no HS games... Less games more "development" is the philosophy... development for what?? college?? 99.9 % of the girls wont play past college. You only get better playing against opponents... not standing in a circle and listening to the coach tell you what you may need to do during a game. play play play, it may even be worth it to drop "down" a level and play NPL which will allow you to play HS ball if ECNL is not offered in your area. At least the girls will play actual games.
                  Orlando parent, I hope my club keeps both , if not, we are going to start looking.

Comment

GDA in south florida will consist of playing the same 4-6 teams and no HS games... Less games more "development" is the philosophy... development for what?? college?? 99.9 % of the girls wont play past college. You only get better playing against opponents... not standing in a circle and listening to the coach tell you what you may need to do during a game. play play play, it may even be worth it to drop "down" a level and play NPL which will allow you to play HS ball if ECNL is not offered in your area. At least the girls will play actual games.
                    Orlando parent, I hope my club keeps both , if not, we are going to start looking.
                    Best of the best

Comment

isn't DA the standard by which all soccer is measured?

Comment

Girls DA hasn't started and only time will tell.

Comment

For boys maybe but for girls it is experimental. None of the current top players are in DA for girls. They were in ECNL for the most part.

Comment

Most feel this way, however if they are playing at a 2A high school that loses then the players don't want to play high school over GDA. Survey and the polls are very different depending on the high school.

Most 2A schools are private ones such as Bolles, Bishop Moore, Pinecrest etc. which are incredibly good. In fact I would say the larger schools are not as competitive as some of the smaller schools because every and I do mean every player on most private school rosters are travel players.

Comment

Most 2A schools are private ones such as Bolles, Bishop Moore, Pinecrest etc. which are incredibly good. In fact I would say the larger schools are not as competitive as some of the smaller schools because every and I do mean every player on most private school rosters are travel players.
                              How many 2A private schools are in Florida? They can't all have full travel player rosters.

Comment

Working...
                              X