This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Girls Soccer??

What club is going to try and fill the niche next year?

HS won't be what it used to be with Girls DA coming to 7 convenient locations.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      you mean it will be worse? Ugh!

Comment

Out of a theoretical 10 top players for the next several years maybe 3-4 will give up HS soccer for DA. U.S. Soccer will be proven wrong as it relates to girls.

2 of the 4 will come from High Schools with crappy teams. The traditional powerhouse high schools will lose very few girls to DA at least for the first 3-4 years.

Comment

Out of a theoretical 10 top players for the next several years maybe 3-4 will give up HS soccer for DA. U.S. Soccer will be proven wrong as it relates to girls.

2 of the 4 will come from High Schools with crappy teams. The traditional powerhouse high schools will lose very few girls to DA at least for the first 3-4 years.
          There are really a lot of top girls who already have chosen not to play high school and they don't even play for ECNL team. There will always be some who want to be the best and will make their decisions trying to get to the top.

Comment

Not sure who would not choose education over DA. Until women pro players are making more money (and I do not mean the few who get endorsements) I think education will come first. Education starts before college so if you can get into a great HS because you play soccer, Why wouldn't you?

Comment

We have a few on our ECNL team that do not play HS soccer. Mainly because even with them, the team is bad and the two schools near by are filled with their fellow ECNL players. I assume it is not fun to get beat down by your teammates and then face them at practice the next day.

Comment

We have a few on our ECNL team that do not play HS soccer. Mainly because even with them, the team is bad and the two schools near by are filled with their fellow ECNL players. I assume it is not fun to get beat down by your teammates and then face them at practice the next day.
                This is changing , with more and more girls playing club soccer the larger the pools of competitive players become in each HS . Certainly there are only a limited number of ECNL caliber players available but the days of having to use Rec players have almost come to an end .

Comment

Unless you're on a top ECNL team like Texas, Mich, or even GA, skipping HS soccer is ridiculous! We have a girl on our HS team who doesn't play anymore because she's on Boca United ECNL and HS soccer isn't "high enough" level for her! Give me a break! She's a pudgy slow average player who's committed to a crappy college and HS soccer is beneath her now that she plays ECNL. The funniest part is her (my daughters) HS team is way better than her Boca United crappy ECNL team. This is what's wrong with ECNL here in Florida and especially Boca United. Players and parents get attitudes just because they play ECNL and it's ridiculous. This kid especially needs HS soccer because she needs the fitness and she and her father think it's beneath her now. ECNL allows kids to play HS soccer at least for now so there's no reason that they don't! It's. It's not just about the level all the time, they have their club for skill development.

Comment

HS Girls Soccer

It's HS soccer folks!!! It's not about playing in college (Club soccer, i.e. ECNL, R3PL, etc. will take care of the recruitment), it's about playing for your school, playing with your friends and making memories - Senior Night, etc. Most leagues break for HS anyway so give it a rest, let the girls play HS, have fun and get away from the stress and competition (and the crazy parents) for a few months. After all, very few girls/players will make soccer a career and you can't get back the most important times/memories as those made in HS!!! Just relax everyone - all will be okay!!!

Comment

It's HS soccer folks!!! It's not about playing in college (Club soccer, i.e. ECNL, R3PL, etc. will take care of the recruitment), it's about playing for your school, playing with your friends and making memories - Senior Night, etc. Most leagues break for HS anyway so give it a rest, let the girls play HS, have fun and get away from the stress and competition (and the crazy parents) for a few months. After all, very few girls/players will make soccer a career and you can't get back the most important times/memories as those made in HS!!! Just relax everyone - all will be okay!!!
                      have you ever been to a high school game? No stress? No crazy parents? Riiiggghhhhtttttt! Ok, I will give you a point for saying no competition, as most HS teams suck out loud, save for 1 or 2 good teams per county...

Comment

have you ever been to a high school game? No stress? No crazy parents? Riiiggghhhhtttttt! Ok, I will give you a point for saying no competition, as most HS teams suck out loud, save for 1 or 2 good teams per county...
                        Hey moron it's not about you it's about your kid enjoying her high school years! Let it go my friend you had your time.

Comment

Hey moron it's not about you it's about your kid enjoying her high school years! Let it go my friend you had your time.
                          Signed,

A Crazy Parent in Denial

Comment

Signed,

A Crazy Parent in Denial
                            The only crazy parents are the ones who will push their daughters into GDA

Comment

The only crazy parents are the ones who will push their daughters into GDA
                              The GDAs will buckle and give in to HS soccer , becoming equal to ECNL.

Comment

Working...
                              X