Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does St John's Country Day recruit players?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is interesting to note that a lot of the girls that go there don't even attend classes at the school. They take their classes online. Hard to beat that.
    Way to spread lies.

Comment

It is interesting to note that a lot of the girls that go there don't even attend classes at the school. They take their classes online. Hard to beat that.
      Well that is interesting and explains a few things.

Comment

Well that is interesting and explains a few things.
        No it doesn't explain anything. Like any private or public school, SJCD can allow homeschooled kids to play. As part of the FHSAA requirement, the kid cannot take 50% or more of their classes online via Florida Virtual. If they do, the homeschooler has to play for their local public school.

Comment

I thought it was illegal to recruit though?

Comment

There plenty of ways to fill a roster with talented players and not call it "recruiting"

Comment

Legit

MP has been at SJCD for a long time and has established a program/pipeline filled with exceptional players by training them through elementary and/or middle school. Unlike some schools that have loads of new high school transfers coming in each year, many of the players at SJCD have been there since they were in the primary grades.

Comment

Do they recruit? Anything is possible. But as another said, kids are attracted to playing for top teams/coaches. On top of their pipeline their winning record will attract top talent. Happens in plenty of sports and private schools.

Comment

MP has been at SJCD for a long time and has established a program/pipeline filled with exceptional players by training them through elementary and/or middle school. Unlike some schools that have loads of new high school transfers coming in each year, many of the players at SJCD have been there since they were in the primary grades.
                  Obviously does a great job and by all accounts a good guy but why not move up a classification or two just so you can challenge yourself and your team? As another said this team might be the best in the state overall regardless of school size.

Comment

Obviously does a great job and by all accounts a good guy but why not move up a classification or two just so you can challenge yourself and your team? As another said this team might be the best in the state overall regardless of school size.
                    I'm unsure if Florida lets you just move up one team in classification. I think they would have to move all the other sports up too which may not benefit the athletic program as a whole.

Comment

Most football recruiting is down with "academic" scholarships.

Comment

Working...
                      X